Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

The Long Road to Damascus (Beauxbatons)

Go down

The Long Road to Damascus (Beauxbatons) Empty The Long Road to Damascus (Beauxbatons)

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:26 am

Heather hadn't really made carriage plans with Daniel or Melody. She just kind of assumed they'd all sit together, but was having trouble finding them. Finally, she spotted them and stepped into their carriage. The minute she did she felt like she was an intruder. That she'd disrupted the two of them talking. She'd never had that feeling before with them. She sat opposite them silently in a hope that they'd just continue on with whatever, and not let her be a distraction.

Not being a distraction annoyed Heather. She loved being the center of attention. Especially among her peers, but this was decidedly different. When it seemed clear she'd totally ruined their conversation she smiled. "Hello Daniel, Hello Mel." She said in her ever chipper voice. "How are you two? It's a gorgeous day to go for a trip among the clouds, isn't it?" Heather sighed, basking in the warm air that would soon be crisp fall air.

Back to top Go down

The Long Road to Damascus (Beauxbatons) Empty Re: The Long Road to Damascus (Beauxbatons)

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:41 pm

Daniel was hoping that he would get to ride with Heather and Melody up to the castle. He had found Melody first and the two of them grabbed a carriage for the three of them.

Daniel looked up from his conversation with Melody as Heather entered the carriage. He grinned at her. She hadn’t ruined their conversation, his focus simply switched from one girl to the other. Though he would do his best to give them equal attention. “Hey, Heather.” He smiled at her and nodded. “Yeah, it’s a perfect day and I get to spend it with you two.” He smiled at his two friends.

Back to top Go down

The Long Road to Damascus (Beauxbatons) Empty Re: The Long Road to Damascus (Beauxbatons)

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:48 am

Melody had been talking to Daniel about her new life with being vegan and how she had to be careful about every little thing she ate, and or used, had to be organic in some way. Since she'd gone to live with her family she was able to change in many ways, in some, for the better. When Heather climbed into the carriage she smiled at the girl. The young blonde was someone that she could relate to, her true girlfriend, but Mel did seem to catch the fact that she seemed pretty self centered, but she wasn't sure why. "You're fine." She smiled brightly. "Are you excited! I can't believe we're starting school!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:34 pm

"Yeah, I know, it's pretty crazy." Heather smiled brightly and twirled a strand of hair around her finger. She sighed happily. "I cannot wait until I take over our year." Heather giggled. "The hallways will clear just so we can walk down them." She tossed the strand of hair over her shoulder. "We'll be like kings and queens." Heather took out a throw pillow from her trunk and laid down with her head on it, and studied her two friends.

Heather was admittedly self-centered, but it didn't bother her too much. If you were self-centered, but still did nice things then it was hardly an issue in her opinion. Besides to do nice things you had to come from a place where you knew others would reflect well on your choices, thus making the root of most good people a self-centered mindset. Heather was going to use her popularity as a weapon though. Anyone who made fun of her or her friends would probably get the social equivalent of an axe murder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:59 pm

“Take over our year?” Daniel asked, giving her a look. He wasn’t all that surprised after eight years with her at the orphanage. It figures she’d channel that kings and queens mentality at school. Heather was a great person though. He admired her for her self-confidence, the same confidence that he lacked. Daniel smiled gently at Heather and then to Melody. He was happy to be with the two of them again. “I’m excited to see the library. I heard it’s huge and filled with so many books and yeah…” He grinned, his mind already up at the castle and daydreaming about the books.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Melody shrugged and looked down. "I don't think I could ever really be a queen. I mean for one...I certainly not pretty enough, and two I wouldn't know how to act around people." She shrugged. "I don't know.." She sighed. Melody wasn't really the super social type. Not that she didn't like people, she just knew that she'd feel a little inferior with Heather around. heather was very social and always looked her best, she knew things about people and just naturally knew how to act. Melody sometimes wished she could be like her, sweet, social, and just all and all know how to get people to notice her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:55 am

"Oh hush, girl. This won't even be a hostile takeover. It'll be like claiming territory." Heather smiled brightly. "By the time I'm done with this school you will be a queen." Heather promised. "Stick with me kids. You will be stars." Heather relaxed and stared up at the ceiling of the carriage. She was thinking about the inevitable conquest of their year that she would have to do. It would be easy for sure, and definitely worth it.

Rolling over Heather managed to fall right asleep. She'd stayed up late in anticipation of this day, and her body decided it was time to catch up on the missed sleeping opportunity of the night before. She was dreaming about playing two characters on a Disney channel sitcom. One of her characters was a famous celebrity who was beautiful and the other was a sporty girl who had a very close guy friend. They were like two halves of Heather's whole life which made the dream interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:51 am

Daniel grinned slightly listening to Heather talk. He chuckled softly. A star? Him? Nah, not likely. He’ll stay in the background. Heather would be a queen and him, Daniel would be a knight. Not that he was good at athletics or anything so he probably wouldn’t be knight now that he was really thinking about it. Court jester? He wasn’t all that funny really, well he thought he was.

Daniel got lost in his thoughts, mainly because he was coming up with another story to tell Heather later once they were all settled at the castle. He didn't even notice that she had fallen asleep. He figured it out after trying to address her. He chuckled softly and turned to Melody. “What house do you think you’ll end up in? I ran into an older student, she said she was a fourth year and told me about them.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Melody sighed and looked down. Daniel had gone off into his own little world and Heather had managed to fall asleep on them, they were probably worried about the change of going to a new place. She knew that she was. She propped her chin on her hand and stared out the window and watched the scenery pass like a blur, everything was so new and exciting, she just didn't know if she'd be able to handle it with the confidence like Heather's. When Daniel finally spoke up to her, she turned to look at him. "House..? I don't know. I'll bet you and Heather end up in the same house though. She tried to smile reassuringly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:20 pm

“I’m not sure what house I’m going to end up in. It doesn’t really matter I suppose.” Daniel shrugged. He just hoped that he was with Jude or Heather or Melody. If all three of them were in the same house that would be amazing. “Nothing’s for certain when it comes to the houses and even if I’m not in the same house as Heather, we wouldn’t let that ruin our friendship.” At least… he really hoped that wasn’t the case. He smiled gently back at Melody. Daniel hoped the three of them were going to stay friends during their time at school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:29 am

Melody smiled small at Daniel and sighed. "I know, I'm just worried y'know. I don't want to be separated from you guys again. I just want things to stay how they are for a while." She blushed and looked down when he smiled at her. "So you like your new family..?" She asked. They had already talked at the robe shop about their new families, but so wanted to hear how he really felt. "Mine drives me nuts..but I really love them...I mean, they're mine. My own family...-" She slightly broke off. "I never thought I'd get them..I thought God had punished me to be alone..." She shook her head. "But I'm so thankful."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:20 am

“Don’t worry too much about it though, Melody.” He patted her shoulder gently. “Even if we do get a little bit separated, it’s not like we’re really all that separated, y’know?” He smiled softly. “The three of us will still have ample opportunities to hangout together and all. The houses just determine where we end up sleeping.” At least that was his basic understanding of the way houses work.

He nodded at her question. “Yeah, I love my parents. They’re pretty embarrassing sometimes, but yeah at the end of the day I’m grateful for them.” It was all very true, he meant every word. Daniel hoped the Eaton’s loved him as much he loved them. His expression softened slightly and he touched her hand. “You don’t have to worry about that anymore.” He wasn’t sure what else to say. In his peripheral vision, he noticed Heather stirring in her sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:45 pm

"Yeah." She smiled a little. "I guess 5 years hasn't changed anything, so this shouldn't either." She smiled again and leaned forwards and embraced him. Sighing, she looked down at her lap and nodded as he told her words of encouragement. It wasn't that that she didn't want to believe him, she just didn't think that anything could go right for her, not after how many bad things had gone wrong. "I really hope so." she looked over to Heather, who was starting to wake up again. "You're right." She looked up at him. "Things are going to be great and whatever this school will bring, we'll get through it." She wrapped her hand around his. "Together."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down