Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Wandering Off and Crashing Into People

Go down

Wandering Off and Crashing Into People  Empty Wandering Off and Crashing Into People

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 12:29 pm

McKenna was way too curious sometimes, much to her mother's chagrin. She had a huge wandering off problem. She was standing outside of the pub with her mother and sisters when something caught her eye in one of the windows. McKenna stupidly took off to go see it when her mother wasn't looking. She was just so excited about everything in this world. She hadn't read up on it like Cori did and all she had were Melanie's stories from last. So, she wanted to do something exploring of her own. When she was done looking at the window displays she hurried back to where her mother and sisters were. Because she wasn't really looking where she was going she completely crashed into someone, knocking that person down. "Oh goodness! I am so so so sorry!" She scrambled to quickly stand up and offered her hand to the person.

Back to top Go down

Wandering Off and Crashing Into People  Empty Re: Wandering Off and Crashing Into People

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Lucille had finished her sightseeing, and was nearly complete with her supplies shopping. Although her past experience hadn't been too well in the pub, the last time she was there someone had spilled their drink across her shirt, she was starving, and Whisper Alley didn't look especially inviting. As soon as she entered the restaurant (if it could even be called that), she had a horrible feeling Lucille brushed it off, though, and confidently walked to an empty table. She told a passing waiter what she wanted, a soda and a croque-monsieu, and continued on her merry way. Before she could seat herself, though, a slightly shorter girl bumped into her, knocking both bodies to the floor. She yelped on the way down, shouting, "Watch it, girlie!"

The girl got up before her and tried to offer assistance, but Lucille knocked her hand aside and stood up on her own. "Yeah, you should be. What if I was holding my food? I'd have to pay for an entirely new meal." She realized that she was making a scene and muttered, "Whatever." Lucille pushed past the girl and placed herself at the table behind her.

Back to top Go down

Wandering Off and Crashing Into People  Empty Re: Wandering Off and Crashing Into People

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 6:51 pm

McKenna cringed slightly at the girl’s tone and when her hand was rudely swatted away. “I am sorry.” But her apologies were brushed aside when the girl started making a scene. She glanced around, nervously chewing on her lip. “I would’ve paid for your meal if I had knocked over your food.” She squeaked quietly. McKenna looked down at her hands. “My name’s McKenna. McKenna Arnett.” She said with a smile, trying to lighten the mood. “What’s your name?” Maybe this girl was going to Beauxbatons too. Then McKenna could clear the air and the two of them could become friends. That might’ve been insanely optimistic of her, but she didn’t know anyone else and had no clue where her family had gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Lucille's sharp features softened when the girl nervously looked around like she was lost. She'd never admit it, but she was a sucker for people who were lost or needed help. She probably was soft for those people because for a brief moment in time, she was an orphan who just wanted her family. It was when people screwed things up and didn't fix it that it made her mad. She raised her eyebrows and muttered softly, "It's fine, okay? My name's Lucille. You can call me Lou. You a first year too?"

Perhaps she could afford one friend, yet there was the chance that the one friend would be separated from her at the Housing Ceremony. She didn't know if two different house members would have the opportunity to stay in touch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 12:00 am

“Are you sure? I feel horrible for knocking you over.” She mumbled softly, chewing on her lip. “Yes, I’m a first year too. My older sister is a second year.” McKenna babbled on. “It’s nice to meet you, Lou.” She said with another smile and fidgeted with her hands. “Could I maybe sit with you? I’m kind of lost and have no idea where I am…” She hated to admit this to someone, but it was kind of inevitable at this point. McKenna really hoped this girl was going to let her sit. She was feeling more sure about a possible friendship between them, which made it slightly better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 6:23 pm

"I'm fine, okay? Stop asking," Lucille replied sharply. When people repeated their questions it ticked her off more than it should have, but then again, she was the girl with the temper too big for her own good. "That's nice. I don't have siblings, unless you count the other orphanage kids. Even then I wouldn't call them siblings. More like evil stepbrothers and sisters. Anyways, go ahead. I doubt anybody else would sit with me. You hungry? I'm starving."

As she finished her sentence, the waiter from earlier delivered her long-awaited food. She stopped him before he left, asking McKenna, "You want anything? I've got money. Don't worry." She pulled out her coin purse as testimony. Lucille didn't want to scare off the younger girl before she got to know her. Perhaps if she was annoying, then she would get rid of her, but if she was tolerable, that was a different story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 11:16 am

McKenna cringed when the sharpness returned to her voice. “S-sorry, sorry.” She bit her lip, looking down at her lap. “I, uh, have a twin sister too. She’s also going to Beauxbatons.” She added quietly. McKenna didn’t want to seem like she was bragging about having siblings. She was just adding to the conversation.

She was about to reply when the waiter brought Lucille’s food over. McKenna felt bad now. She didn’t want to impose. “Oh, no, no it’s okay. I have some money with me.” She wasn’t very hungry at the moment so she simply ordered a water since. “I don’t want to impose on you while you’re eating.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 1:03 pm

"Is it nice?" Lucille wondered aloud. "You know, having siblings? Everyone says that they're a pain, but I think that if they knew what it was like to have no brother or sister at all they would think differently." Maybe if she had an older sibling when her parents had died, she wouldn't have turned out as aggressive as she was. Maybe she would have been the girl who everybody loved and wanted to hang out with, even if she was an orphan.

She sighed softly. "You're fine staying here, I really don't mind." She watched as the girl ordered a water then leaned back into her chair. "So are you're lost, right? Did your siblings leave you or something?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Is it nice? McKenna repeated the question to herself. Her two sisters were her best friends. They fought, they teased each other, they got each other in trouble, the list goes on and on. But she loved them to death. “Yeah it is nice. I mean all of it is true, they can be pains. But we only act that way because we actually do like each other. At least that’s how I am with my sisters.” McKenna shrugged. She couldn’t imagine not having Melanie or especially Cori.

“Yeah…I’m terribly lost. It’s my own fault too. I get distracted too easily and like to wander off. It’s a really bad habit.” She said sheepishly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 7:22 pm

She nodded in understanding. If she had a siblings, she would have loved them to death, younger or older. Back at the orphanage, when she was younger and didn't know much about the real world, she often fantasized what it would be like to have a sister or brother. They would have fought, like most siblings, but they would have had each other's backs, and that was what was important.

She lightly scoffed. "Well, once I'm finished eating, I can help you find them. I've been walking around all day, so I know my way around pretty well." Perhaps she could get to know the girl better first. "What are your sibling's names?" There was a chance she had run into one of them already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 9:19 pm

Melanie cringed slightly at her scoff. This girl probably disliked her so much right now and she was totally imposing on her. She hated feeling like a burden to people that weren’t her family. “You don’t have to if you don’t want to. I don’t want to impose anymore than I already have on you.” She said softly and took a sip of her water. She really did want to get to know this girl better. “My sisters’ names are Melanie and Cori. The latter is my twin and the former is our older sister.” She explained with a small smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down