Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

That's How It Is

Go down

That's How It Is Empty That's How It Is

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 12:00 pm

Meeting people wasn't Indigo's favorite activity, she rather just be alone. After meeting two people, she had her fill of socializing. She needed to go somewhere quiet where no one would bother her. Or where she hoped no one would bother her. She wished her parents could have came with her, it would be so much better with them around. He mother could talk about when she went to Beauxbatons or her father could talk to her about all the things that she should be excited about. Growing up lonely was hell.

Indigo sighed and walked into the book shop. She was right, it was quiet. She pulled the list of books she would need out of her bag and checked over them for the third time. She was sure that she would remember all the titles before the school year began. She walked over to a shelf filled with all kinds of books. She went to grab for a book on her list, but someone got there before her and grabbed it right before she could. She looked over to see who had taken the book. Her heart began to be fast again. Why did she have to meet another person?

Back to top Go down

That's How It Is Empty Re: That's How It Is

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 1:12 pm

Ever since Simone was a child, book were her non-living best friend. She already had Inigo, who was name after her favourite character in The Princess Bride, but he was a living animal and didn't qualify for the position. Still, she was an average kid who was homeschool and read books, simple as that. They took her to places she had never been; through the Fire Swamp, across the land of Narnia, and countless other places. It became obvious when she was about nine that she would be one of those people who relied more on books than people.

Jaded Pages seemed like a good place to start looking for books. It wasn't crowded or noisy, just perfectly simple. Simone decided to get a head start on her supply list, and now that she was already at the bookstore, she could begin. She located her first book and reached out to grab it, only to be intercepted by another hand. She immediately withdrew her hand and apologized. "I'm sorry. PLease, take it. You were there first, and I can find another copy. My name is Simone, what is yours?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 5:58 pm

There were too many humans for Indigo to handle, she had her limits. With how many people she had met today, she was beginning to become even more awkward. Why did there have to be so many people in the world? In France? How could so many people live in one place? She had just gotten used to her grandmother visiting her home every now and then. She usually brought herbs and other things with her, things Indigo loved.

When the person tried to talk to her, Indigo covered her ears and turned back to the book shelf. "Too many people, too many people," she muttered softly. Her breath came in and out quickly, she hardly cared that she looked like a dying seal. She just wanted to calm herself down. In, out, in, out

Finally, after a good minute, she was a bit more calm. "I'm sorry, I'm just not used to so many people. Do forgive me for freaking out." Her home life was so different, so secure and safe. There were too many people in the real world, in her world it was only her, her mother, and her father. "My family keeps to themselves," she rambled on. She held up her hands as if she were surrendering. "No, go ahead. Take the book." She wasn't exactly scared that the girl would hurt her, she was just scared of the girl 'cause she was something new to her. "Indigo," she said softly, she pushed her dirty blonde hair out of her face before looking back at the girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Simone had never been one for social situations, but she had never had a panic attack like the girl in front of her was experiencing. "Oh, dear! Are you okay? Do you need help?" After freaking out for a minute, she calmed herself down to think clearly. She realized that her rapid fire question asking was only scaring her even more, and shut her mouth. She just made sure there were no other people coming their way.

By the time she calmed down, the book was a small matter on Simone's mind. "Don't worry. Are you sure you're okay, now, though? That was terrifying for me, but I'm sure it was worse for you. After that, trust me when I say that you deserve the book." She picked the book off the shelf and handed it to the girl. "It's nice to meet you Indigo."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:40 pm

She shook her head quickly. "No, no. I'm fine. I don't need anyone's help." She didn't want anyone's help, she didn't trust anyone. She was calm now, well as calm as she could be. She hadn't meant to cause a scene but it just happened, she didn't have control of it. She didn't like the fact that she didn't know how to react to other people. Why couldn't her mother or father teach her how to socialize before she left home? They sent her away unprepared and scared of the world.

"It's fine, you can have the book," Indigo snapped. If she wanted the book, she could have it. The book was the last thing on her mind now. She was too worried about her racing heartbeat. She didn't care about the book anymore, she'd find a different copy.

"Terrifying for you?" she repeated. She had scared someone? Did she make them worry? "I'm fine," she said softly. She just wanted to go back home now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 6:21 pm

Simone wasn't one to press into people's issues. If they said they were fine, it was usually because they were fine and that was that. "Alright, then. You don't have to answer, but I fear that you have social anxiety. I have a cousin who has it, sweetest little thing, though, and you do show the same symptoms when she's in public," Simone commented. Her cousin, Annette, was a natural beauty, but once someone talked to her, she shied away and had a panic attack.

She was shocked when the girl snapped at her, though. Simone had tried to be nice to her, but was there the chance she had said something wrong? She shook her head and returned the book to its spot on the shelf.

"Quite terrifying actually. Imagine someone having a stroke or passing out in front of you, and you can't do anything to help them.  It shows you how fragile life truly is. I'm glad you're okay, though."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 4:44 pm

She already knew she had social anxiety, she could tell by the way she'd didn't like people. She just didn't know that others had it too. She wasn't alone on this one, it made her feel a bit less lonely. But still, no one knew exactly what she has been through. So she couldn't relate to anyone but herself. She just shrugged her shoulders instead of replying back to the girl. What did someone say to that anyways? 'Sorry about your cousin?' She couldn't say that because she didn't really feel sorry for them.

If the girl wasn't going to take the book then she would. Forget about being nice, she had to get out of this place before more people showed up. She grabbed the book and nodded. "I have to go." She quickly went to go pay for the book and left the shop. She would have to finish buying her books later, she had had enough interaction and it was now time to take a breather.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum