Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Old Habits Die Hard

Go down

Old Habits Die Hard Empty Old Habits Die Hard

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:18 am

The Bones weren't the wealthiest of families and though Agatha tried her best to provide Marcy with her wants, Marcy had found that she couldn't count on her guardian's salary. Instead, she resorted to other methods. Methods which she had cultivated, thanks to her friend Frank. She had only been caught twice shoplifting, but as for stealing pretty things from the pockets of the girls at her previous school, no one was any the wiser.

Her habit had been oppressed for her first few years in school, being unfamiliar with the world of magic and wanting to know just how much keener wizards were than muggles, but by now she finally had her answer. Though capable of magic, it appeared that most of the students at Beauxbatons were just about the same as any kids, and therefore easy enough to fool.

In the crowded grand hall, who would notice if I hand brushed by one's person? It happened all the time, especially when a meal let out and everyone was in a hurry to head to wherever they needed to go. Marceline had noticed during lunch that one particular person had a nice looking pocket watch, one that was intricate and that Marceline easily took a shine to. She had watched the student through bites of food for the duration of lunch and made a move once it was over. The short haired girl casually made her way over, bumping into people occasionally, but was persistent. Her hand slide into the pocket and she fished out the chain with her finger. The pocket watch was nearly in her grasp when someone clumsy knocked her out of the way. She fell to the ground, but quickly picked herself up to see her victim much further away. Grabbing her wand, she aimed it at the watch and whispered, "Accio!"Surely it wouldn't be as gradual and undetected as her initial plan, but she was counting on the person not being able to pin the crime on her in a crowd of people.

Back to top Go down

Old Habits Die Hard Empty Re: Old Habits Die Hard

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:19 pm

The grand hall was a bit crowded and instead of meeting up with Noah, Ruby decided to be brave and face the large crowd. If she got lot in the sea of people she could say that he lived a nice life. She tried her best to get around without bumping into someone, when she did she said sorry. She ended up saying sorry a lot and people didn't seem to notice her at all. She wasn't used to people not noticing her since her hair was always a wacky color

Someone ended up bumping right into her which caused her to bump into someone else and fall on her butt. She looked around to see who had bumped into her, but the person didn't reveal themselves. While looking around, she saw a watch floating and moving away from someone that was clearly its owner. Did she bump her head or was someone taking the watch? She looked around and her eyes landed on her friend Marcy, she scrambled to her feet and walked over to the younger girl.

"Is that you doing that?" She pointed towards the watch. She refused to believe that her friend would steal from someone. But her wand was pointed right at the watch. "Don't you know that taking things is wrong?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:46 pm

The watch was coming within her grasp, but before the short haired girl could seize it, she heard a voice speaking to her which made her jump. "Ruby!" She said, startled. Though she was glad it was just a friend and not a professor. She would've been in deep shit if it were a professor, but Ruby, she calculated, could be persuaded.

At the mention of the watch, Marceline quickly snatched the golden object and wounded the chain around her pale hand. "I'm not taking it. I just wanted to check the time." She lied, cooly. She then feigned looking at the face of the watch. "Since they already walked away, I guess I'll return it to them later." She explained, as she dropped the watched into her pocket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:39 pm

"Couldn't you just go up to them and ask? I'm sure he would have told you the time." She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "You didn't have to make the watch come to you." It wasn't that Ruby didn't believe the girl, it was just wrong to take something without asking. Even if Ruby's manners were poor, she still knew to ask before using.

"You promise you'll give it back?" She held out her pinkie for a pinkie promise. "This is the only way to promise, if you break this promise you will be cursed." The promise was very important to her and she wanted the watch to return to its rightful owner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Marceline wasn't sure if she actually managed to convince Ruby that she had no intention of keeping the watch, but she wasn't comfortable with the tone in which her supposed friend was talking to her with. "Are you accusing me of stealing?" Marceline hissed in response, her stance going rigid. "How dare you," she narrowed her eyes at Ruby. "I thought we were friends and friends trust friends, right?" Honestly Ruby had every right to suspect something up, for Marceline didn't have the strongest morals, but Marceline had her ways to manipulate people. However, Ruby was her friend. Probably her only friend at this point, so maybe she ought to tell the truth. Who knew? Maybe Ruby would help her out in future plots.

"Fine. I wasn't going to return it," Marceline confessed, averting her gaze from Ruby's. "But you can't tell a soul, alright? We're friends and friends don't tell on friends, alright?" She tucked the golden watch further into her uniform. "I bet the kid won't even miss it."

"Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 7:49 pm

She stepped back when Marcy began to get angry with her. She didn't know how to react, she didn't expect her to get so angry with her. "Papa said stealing is wrong," she put her hand on her hip and narrowed her eyes at the girl. "Don't you know you shouldn't steal? How would you like it if someone stole from you? What if I went right up to you and took your wand just because I wanted it?" As to proof her point, she stepped closer to the girl and took the wand from her hands. "I want it," was all she said before stepping back.

"I won't tell a soul, but you have to promise that you won't do it again. I'll give you your wand back once you promise. Stealing is wrong and if you wanted a watch, you could have bought one or asked someone to get you one. I wouldn't have minded buying you a watch." Friends gave each other gifts after all. She still thought the whole thing was wrong and that she should give the watch back. But the kid was already gone and she hadn't seen where he went. "If you're going to keep the watch, I don't want to see it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum