Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Difference of Method

Go down

Difference of Method Empty Difference of Method

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:48 am

Marie-Laure had always gone into the bank to exchange muggle money for wizarding money by force of habit. More than force of habit. It was the only method available to her since she had no idea there was a vault for the family. At least it was a vault opened by her mother once she'd graduated from Beauxbatons. One which Marie-Laure herself would have had access to if she'd known of it and had the key.

Now, after one trip down to where the Mercier (her mother's maiden name) vault was Marie-Laure would have much preferred the exchange method. That experience was not one she was looking forward to again. It'd loomed so large in her mind that Marie-Laure completely forgot what or how much was stored in that vault. And there was the matter of the extra item she was supposed to collect for Yvette. Marie-Laure glanced back at the goblin who'd taken her down in the first place and decided against asking him again. Once was enough. Yvette would have to collect that vase thing herself the next time she was in Amethyst Alley.

Her hand curled around the small pouch of coins she'd taken from the vault as she moved toward the bank's doors. After years of being supported solely by her father it felt odd to hold money she knew her mother had earned. Money earned whilst Marie-Laure had believed her dead.

She shook her head as she brought her attention back to the here and now. "I'm sorry. Did you say something?" With her mind so far away she couldn't be sure if the person she now faced had spoken or if it was just the general noise of the bank.

Back to top Go down

Difference of Method Empty Re: Difference of Method

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:39 pm

Jeremy didn't understand most of what went on here. He figured a bank would be familiar territory (After all, how different could banks be?), but instead he found small green creature managing it in place of wizards. Either way, he was confused and planned on getting out as soon as possible. His parents had given him an envelope of money, but they had vehemently protested to coming here with him. He joined the line of wizards waiting to exchange their money and waited for a couple minutes before realizing the line had moved, but the lady in front of him wasn't.

"Pardon me, but can you move up?" He asked politely. When it was obvious that she hadn't heard a word he said, he cleared his throat. She turned around and asked if he had said anything. "Miss, can you please move up?" He repeated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:45 pm

His question brought her to her senses as Marie-Laure suddenly realised she'd ended up at the end of a queue just before this boy arrived. "Sorry," she said and quickly stepped out of the line. "I was actually supposed to be leaving."

Her grip on the pouch of money she held in her hand tightened. Maybe she should just stay in the line and go back for that vase. She looked ahead of the line and then back at the boy. She wasn't sure if she should stay in this line or go in another for the vault. "Is this the line for money exchange?" If it was she would come back some other time. No point in making a goblin take her back to the vaults for a second trip. In fact she didn't like that idea at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum