Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Where Do We Go From Here?

Go down

Where Do We Go From Here? Empty Where Do We Go From Here?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Ideas for SAQ meetings had vanished. Marie-Laure had no idea which direction the club should take. Why couldn't she come up with anything? The time when the meeting should be scheduled was drawing closer and Marie-Laure desperately read through all the Quidditch books she could find in the school library. There was another sport or two which were mentioned in one of them but she nixed that idea simply because there wasn't enough time to research them as well as everything else she had to do that term.

Thus, with no idea at all what they would be talking about, she sent out the details to members for the day of the meeting hoping something will have popped into her head. The day came and she was sitting there in the room waiting for the members to come in. There were there soon enough probably expecting something good, either a lively discussion or broom racing with those model brooms she'd brought in last year.

Marie-Laure looked around the room at the expectant faces. "Hello everyone," she said with a subdued tone. "Nothing has been planned. Thus the floor is open to discuss anything quidditch or even other wizarding games associated with brooms. What do you know or enjoy? Any of you heard of Quodpot or shuttlebumps or that annual broom race in Sweden? If not then perhaps what lead you to liking or enjoying Quidditch in the first place?"

Back to top Go down

Where Do We Go From Here? Empty Re: Where Do We Go From Here?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:06 am

It was Payton's last year at Beauxbatons and he wanted to go out with a bang. He wanted to win the cup and show everyone that he still had game and that the better seeker was, in fact, him. Not that the other seeker was bad, Payton was just more experienced. He had his eye on the prize and would work hard until his wish became reality. He wondered what his twin was going to do before he left Beauxbatons, it might end with an actually bang. Whatever the twins decided to do, they would always have each other.

Walking into the meeting room, he was surprised that Marie-Laure had nothing planned, usually she had something planned. He looked around the room, he wasn't the only one surprised. "I have no clue what those other games were but I can tell you the reason I joined the quidditch team." There was no real reason besides the fact that it looked interesting to him. "It looked fun," he began. He needed to add more to his statement and go into detail. "i thought it would be fun to try out and it was. I had no clue what I was doing at first, but Osmund helped train me and I became better." He owed Oz for helping him out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:07 pm

With one or two in the room looking clueless as to what the other games Marie-Laure mentioned she waited to see if anyone in the know had anything to say on them. Apparently not. She may not have looked at them in depth but she thought that perhaps she could give the information she did have and let another member go more into detail if they wished. First though she let others share their thoughts on Quidditch itself.

"Now that some of you have shared your views I guess it's my turn. I first heard of Quidditch and broom flying when I was eleven." She smiled as she remembered how for the first time since she received her letter she'd found something to look forward to in regard to Beauxbatons. "I wanted to learn all I could so I bought as many books as I could on Quidditch before I ever saw a Quidditch pitch. I hadn't even seen a game when I tried out for Montagnard and I was successful at my tryout despite only having a couple of flying lessons. Playing muggle sports before I came here did help and that's how I practice during the holidays. What interested me about Quidditch was the idea of playing a sport up in the air. It was different to anything else I knew."

She waited to see if anyone else had anything to share about their Quidditch experience before launching into the other topics. "Since some of you haven't heard of the other broom sports I'll just give you a brief overview based on what I'd read. I was as much in the dark as those of you who are clueless about them. Quadpot is played with a quaffle that explodes after a certain amount of time. If you're the player holding it at the time it explodes you're out. Scoring is made by throwing it into a cauldron at the end of the pitch." That game sounded rather confusing when Marie-Laure read about it and she couldn't make head nor tail of what the writer meant. "It's mostly played in America. Any opinions on that before I go onto explaining the other broom sports I mentioned? Something else we haven't covered yet?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:01 pm

The game that Marie-Laure talked about sounded a bit fun, he would love to play it some time. It was a bit interesting Quadpot sounded like a great game to play with Sawyer, he would have to bring it up with the boy one day. It sounded like a game Sawyer could really get into, a game the both of them would both like. He would have to look more into it. "That game sounds like fun," Payton stated out loud, without thinking at first. "Um," he suddenly realized he had talked out loud. "It would be something I'd play with my brother, "

He didn't know much about other broom games besides quidditch. Quidditch seemed to be his life, he loved the sport. He remained silent when the leader asked if anyone knew any other games. He knew so little, he felt kinda bad he couldn't add more to the discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:31 am

There were a few opinions going around the room on the virtues or otherwise of Quodpot. "I think it'd be an interesting game to try," Marie-Laure remarked. "Timing must play a big part when you consider you're eliminated if you don't get the quaffle or rather the quod into the cauldron on time and you're the one holding it." There was no argument over which position was needed or not when there was only the quod in play. Yet, Marie-Laure believed in the long run, she would probably prefer Quidditch.

"The other broom sport I mentioned is the Annual Swedish Broom Race." One of the others but since shuttlebumps was reportedly for children she decided it might be best not to talk about that one. "This race isn't a mere short sprint from one end of a Quidditch pitch to another or even around a track. It's dangerous and part of it is flown through a dragon reserve. Would any of you be game enough to take part?" She for one believed she would. That gave her at least one goal for after graduation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum