Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Spirit Instrument

Go down

Spirit Instrument Empty Spirit Instrument

Post by Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:35 pm

Ruby wanted to know every little thing about the school she was attending and she found herself exploring the wonderful building in her free time. She hadn't found any secret passages, which was a bit upsetting. She was making her way down the hall and she stopped in front of one of her favorite classrooms. It was quiet, she doubted anyone was in there. Was she allowed to be in there if the professor wasn't in there? She grabbed the door handle and turned it, the door opened with ease. She was right, the room was empty of people. She slipped into the room and shut the door behind her, she checked to see if anyone had seen her before doing so.

Ruby loved music, it was a way to express yourself. She always loved the way certain types of music made her want to dance in a certain way. She had never really made her own music and instruments were foreign objects to her. But that didn't mean she wasn't going to try. She picked up an old guitar, it had probably been there for year, and began to strum. It didn't sound right to her, it wasn't 'her' instrument. It didn't speak to her.

She set the guitar back down and shut her eyes. She breathed in and out slowly, trying to find an instrument that spoke to her. She turned her body a bit and opened her eyes. There the instrument was, the instrument that spoke to her. The bongos! How perfect for a wild girl like herself? She carefully picked up her spirit instrument, so she didn't hurt it, and began to play. It sounded amazing, like the bongos were made just for her. After awhile she began to pick up speed and use different rhythms. "I'm strange and I like it, that's just the way I am."

Back to top Go down

Spirit Instrument Empty Re: Spirit Instrument

Post by Guest Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Persephone had been just passing by when she heard the noise. The sound of the hollow bongos were only too familiar to her, as one of her favorite pass times was playing percussion instruments. A loud and noisy drum set was usually her weapon of choice, but she did like to try out an assortment of percussion instruments. She understood the attraction to bongos. With them, you could use your bare hands, instead of a mallet or a drum stick, and depending where your palm came down upon the taut animal skin, it made a different noise.

The sixteen year old girl stood in the frame of the doorway watching the youth experiment with the instrument. She grinned with the girl's excitement, feeling some of it pass along to her. When she felt a pause in the rhythm of the drumming, she decided to step forward.

"They're pretty great, huh?" Percy started, and then stood by a larger bongos, ones that were on the ground. "My favorite thing..." She started, and then started to pat out a rhythm of her own. "Is that unlike guitar or piano, you don't need to learn this instrument." She did an intricate pattern, panning between the larger and the smaller. "You just have to feel it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Ruby was in love with the bongos, she loved the sound. It was beautiful and made her happy that she was the one to make that sound. She had hardly noticed someone had entered the room until they had spoke up. "Oh yes," Ruby said with a smile. "They called to me." She must have sounded so weird but she didn't care all too much. She listened to the other girl speak and play. "I agree."

"I think they're crazy and wild but yet really pretty." She tapped out another beat, a fast and wild one. "It all depends on how you play," she said as she slowed down her hands. "I prefer a faster beat." Her hands came to a stop. "I'm Ruby, by the way."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down