Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

A Choice Owl

2 posters

Go down

A Choice Owl Empty A Choice Owl

Post by Linette Puchard Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:10 am

"An owl.  An owl," Linette muttered to herself as she looked at the selection of owls for sale.  Knowing she wanted an owl had been one thing.  Actually choosing an owl was going to be so much harder.  Which one to buy?  There were so many to choose from.  She bit her lip contemplatively.  Just an owl.  Any owl.  No.  Not any owl.  A particular owl.  The right one.  

A scops owl?  Could it fly to Durmstrang with ease or would she have to choose to use a school owl instead to make the trip to the frozen north?  She sighed and shook her head.   No good.  She needed something else.  What owl though?  A hoot caught her attention and she thought this owl.  Another hoot sounded and she changed her mind.  Eventually her eyes setted on a silent barn owl.  Linette reached out tentatively to the owl.  It opened its eyes and stared right at her.  Linette smiled and nodded.  "You'll do she murmured.  "You'll do perfectly."

Last edited by Linette Puchard on Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Gemini Posts : 486

Back to top Go down

A Choice Owl Empty Re: A Choice Owl

Post by Osmund Hollow Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:59 am

Osmund nearly turned around and left the moment that he had entered the shop. It was her, again! Helena was by his side, ushering him in though, expecting Osmund to be grinning like a hyena because now he could finally have a pet that did more than blow bubbles. Osmund was excited, though the feeling quickly left him when he saw her. "Maybe we can go get my robes first or something. It looks too busy here. I don't want to be rushed when choosing my pet," Osmund lied, the excuse not believed by the woman.

"Ozzy, you were perfectly enthusiastic about coming here a few moments ago. We're not coming back if we leave," the woman drew out the rules. Apparently she was getting tired of his bad attitude. However, leaving without a pet was not an option, so reluctantly Osmund made his way over to the back of the shop, trying to not be spotted by the girl. However, in the back was only the toads, which had to be no better than his Fido. With a roll of his eyes, Osmund supposed he could just hide out back here until she left the shop. The boy suddenly jumped as something pulled at the leg of his pants. A little kitty paw caught on the material hide below his eye sight as Osmund turned around, much alarmed and shouted, "Do that again! I dare you!" Absolutely positive that someone was messing with him.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Sagittarius Posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:39 pm

It took Linette some trouble finding a shop assistant to help her. Any she saw took not notice of the short eleven year old and ran to the assistance of parents and their children instead. Why couldn't her father's boss keep to his word and allow her father to accompany her today? It was so unfair. Finally one noticed her lurking around the owls. Linette had to speak fast to make it clear she wanted to buy an owl, not be a nuisance. He listed everything else she'd need to take care of the owl. Even though she wasn't sure if she'd have enough money to cover all that she gave him permission to collect everything she needed. Money worries could come later when she saw her father again. Her owl would need a cage and those other supplies the wizard mentioned.

While she waited she heard a familiar voice call out. Curious, Linette made her way down to the back of the shop. She saw nothing but Osmund causing a scene and couldn't help but giggle. "Something the matter?" she asked with amusement. "Someone look at you funny?" Despite earlier determination not to be a pest there was something about this boy that lead her to want to tease him. She jumped when she felt something touch her leg. Linette looked down but saw nothing. She kept her eyes on the ground and grinned when she saw a paw reach out toward Osmund's leg.
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Osmund had lost track of the girl he was waiting on for her to leave once he had been surprised by the touch. He couldn't seem to see anyone around who had done it, but assumed it was probably some stupid prank someone was pulling on him. He couldn't imagine who it could be when Linette had made her way over, alerted by his shouts, and was talking to him.

"You think this is funny?" Osmund growled at her. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he was starting to get freaked out and immediately blamed the girl before him. "I don't know what you are doing, but cut it out!" Not that Osmund would really do anything if she didn't, but he was always one for barking at people anyway.

She was looking somewhere, and with a raised eyebrow, the boy followed her line of vision, landing on the dark crevice of a table. "What did you put there?" Osmund asked, slight panic in his voice. She probably put some gag there that'd touch him whenever he wasn't looking. Another touch sent a jolt up the boy's spine but this time he was prepared. He swatted down to grab whatever it was, finding to his surprise that it was much softer and warmer than what he had expected. "A...a kitten?" He had to admit, he was confused. "Are you guys in cahoots or something?" Osmund questioned, cradling the kitten in his arms.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Linette nodded. "I think it's very funny," she replied and then shook her head. "I can't stop it because I don't know what it is I'm supposed to have done." Was he that paranoid? The only person she'd ever prank lived in Luxembourg. Therefore Osmund was quite safe from any pranking plans she might have. They were all solely for Benoit.

"Nothing," she replied truthfully. Linette's giggles escalated to laughter at the accusation Osmund threw her way. "Not at all. That kitten obviously wants you to take it home. Cats make great companions. I've got one at home but she's too old to take to Beauxbatons with me so I'm getting an owl instead." She reached out to tickle the kitten behind the ear. "You are cute aren't you? I think Osmund will take good care of you. Maybe he'll even read to you after he's finished sniffing the books." Her attention reverted back to the boy. "So what are you going to name it?"
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Just the mere notion was appalling to Osmund. Take that cat home with him? The cat was nothing but trouble, Osmund could tell already, it already annoyed him twice and made him look like a fool. "No way! Cats are girly and...annoying! And look there's something wrong with this one! He's got two different colored eyes!" Osmund criticized, about to let the kitten drop back to the floor, when the white kitten brushed the back of it's head against Osmund's arm, purring gently and staring at him with it's one amber eye, one blue eye.

"I do not sniff books," Osmund lied. It just sounded so weird when she said that out loud and he'd bet if she gave it a try, she'd understand. "And I'm not going to name him anything because I am not going to take him!" Osmund replied, but not as confident as before. He couldn't seem to put the cat down, though. "Why don't you take him?" Osmund ended, sounded the least confident of all. Maybe he was falling for the little kitty.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Linette shook her head. "Cats aren't girly. Dad doesn't seem to think so when he lets Sir Arnold climb on his lap." Something the old cat did on a regular basis. "Ooh he has too. That's so cute. You really should get him. It's obvious he wants you. Did you now cats own you and not the other way around? This one wants you." She found the way the kitten insisted on staying with him very amusing.

She raised her eyebrows at the obvious lie. Linette had seen him do that sniffing thing more than once. She shook her head at the offer. "I'm getting an owl. Right at this moment someone is collecting a cage for her and preparing everything I'll need to take care of her. Besides, like a said before the kitten wants you." And Linette was sure this kitten will have him wrapped around his paw before the end of the day. Who could resist such an obviously demand?
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Osmund let out a laugh. "Sir Arnold?" What a pitiful name, a hypercritical opinion coming from the boy who owned a fish named Fido. "I almost feel sorry for the cat," Osmund continued, absentmindedly stroking the kitten's white fur. However much he was starting to fall for the kitten, Osmund still didn't like the idea that the little thing owned him and not the other way around. He was a Hollow after all and Hollow's weren't owned by anything. "Makes me want the cat even less," Osmund replied, trying to throw his nose up at the kitten, but finding himself weakened by it's charm.

"Yes, owls are more of a man's pet!" Osmund said, this time actually letting the kitten down. He wasn't going to let some little feline own him. But much like the King Pellinore on his endless hunt for the questing beast, the kitten wasn't about to quit and followed him as he walked towards the owls. He turned with a glaring stare back at the tiny thing, meeting its two-toned eyes for the second time. How innocent they stared back at him and how much the kitten wanted to be with him. Him! Of all people! "A'right! Fine! You can come home with me!" Osmund caved and scooped the kitten up. "But cause me any troubles and you'll be an outdoor cat, you hear me?"
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:15 pm

"Hey don't laugh," Linette protested. "It was my...I mean I didn't name him." Why on earth her brother hit on that name she never did figure out. All she knew is that he blamed her for reasons he never explained. "Why? Because you don't want to be owned? Ever thought that cats don't like to be owned either. They prefer servants." The thought of this boy as a servant was extremely amusing. He had an air about him which suggested he didn't serve anyone.

"A man's pet?" Linette felt like she'd been insulted. "I don't think you can say which is a man's or a woman's pet. Well toads could be considered a boy's pet." Disgusting little creatures in her opinion. Linette grinned at the way Osmund gave into the kitten's demands. "I told you he was for you?" she said with glee. "Oh my owl is ready. Have fun with your new pet." Linette then hurried off after the shop assistant holding the barn owl now in her own cage. All that was needed now was a name for the owl.
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum