Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Acting with Confidence

Go down

Acting with Confidence Empty Acting with Confidence

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:04 pm

It was time to be a little adventurous and this was the perfect place to go to. Cassie had been to afraid to enter this pub or any of the shops that surrounded it. But she wasn't about to let her fear control her actions, she was ready to get over it and take a chance. She was creeped out by all of the strange people but that didn't stop her from entering the pub. It was something she wasn't used to and these people didn't look very friendly. Not one bit.

The poor girl sat down in a booth, trying to hide from the strange people. Come on, Cas. You can do it. She sighed and looked around. Her goal was to get a butterbeer with confidence. With confidence that was fake, she could feel her legs turn to jelly when an old witch looked her way. She gulped and looked down at the table. She sighed and got up from the booth and strutted over to the bar. She was just about to speak when her knees began to shake and she couldn't find her voice. She cleared her throat and began again. "A butterbeer, please." She sounded more confident than she actually was and she hoped no one saw through her act.

Back to top Go down

Acting with Confidence Empty Re: Acting with Confidence

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Galen was so very lost. He just wanted a drink, he was so thirsty. He ended up at this weird place in an even stranger side of town. He was looking anywhere for someone. When he wandered in he thought he was going to scream, this place was scary. Thankfully he saw a girl who was clearly older, but looked normal. He quickly walked over and sat across from her at the booth. "H-Hi." He murmured. "S-Sorry to-to bother you." His voice fractured with nerves. "I'm very lost and scared." Galen looked down with embarrassment. He needed his little sister, she was so confident, she'd see him through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Once her butterbeer was ordered and given to her, Cassie sat back down at her booth. She sipped her drink proudly and smiled down at her drink. She had done it, she had faced her fear. Even though it was a small thing, she was happy that she had done something even though her brain had told her 'no'. She needed to do things like that more often, shut her brain off and just do something she wanted to do.

In mid-sip, a boy sat down in front of Cassie. She didn't know the boy and had never seen him before, so she assumed he was a first year. Poor thing must be lost, no one would come in here on purpose unless they knew what they were doing. When he spoke, Cassie knew that he had no clue what he was doing or how he had got there. "Poor thing," she said aloud. "This isn't the type of pub you wanna be in. But I'm here for ya. Would you like something to drink? I can go up there for you?" Her confidence wasn't fake anymore and she was feeling the real thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:47 pm

He blinked. Compared to the girl he'd met in the quidditch shop, she was so nice. Galen nodded. "Please." He bit the corner of his lip having the itch to draw the dingy pub, he'd bought a little charcoal to shade with and it seemed like the perfect thing to draw, with the sharp corners and crazy looking people it would be like if Marylin Manson decided to paint like Norman Rockwell. He quickly pulled out his sketch pad and pencil, tapping his foot excitedly. He was careful not to meet any of the patron's eyes as he drew them. The men in their dark robes and the ladies with their almost stereotypical witch like features.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Cassie got up from her spot to order the boy a drink. Once his drink was ready, she grabbed the drink and went back over to the booth. "Here you go." She placed the drink in front of him and sat back down in her spot.

"Whatcha doing?" She looked over at the drawing, it looked great. It made her want to be able to draw, but she was not blessed with that talent. "I wish I could draw, that's so good." The scenery wasn't all that good, but he made it look better than it actually was. "So, how'd you find yourself into this place?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:19 pm

"Th-Thank you." He gratefully took a sip of butterbeer. His ears went red at the mention of his drawing. "I'm drawing this place." Galen admitted and then his ears got progressively redder with the compliments. It wasn't even that good, was it? "Thank you. I really don't know how I got here. It just kind of happened. I was going for a walk and next thing I knew I was in a weird are and thirsty and I saw this place. i'm really good at getting myself lost. I'll just walk around without thinking about it. I'm Galen by the way."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:52 pm

"It looks good." She smiled at the young boy then took a sip of her drink. "Oh, I somehow knew you didn't come in here on purpose. Few people do. I came here on purpose to get a drink. Though I could have just went to the other pub, but it was time to face my fear." She was very shy and she just made a big move by going up and ordering a drink. It was a very big deal to her, even if no one got why. "I'm Cassie. You must be a first year, I'm a fifth." The boy looked small and scared, so she assumed he was indeed a first year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:11 pm

"Thank you." He said again, he was used to compliments on his art, but it still caught him off guard when he got them. "I think it's really brave to order a drink at a creepy place like this. I don't know why else anyone else would come here, unless they were lost like me, which is a pretty good possibility. Still some people look so content here. I don't get it, but I suppose I shouldn't get it, like you said, not my usual kind of place. I kind of was made fun of by this girl and just kept running until I found this place." It was embarrassing to admit, but it was the whole truth. He sighed softly. "I am a first year." He nodded. "I'm Galen."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum