Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

A Cat to Match

Go down

A Cat to Match Empty A Cat to Match

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:13 pm

Mabel wanted a pet to fit her personality, she just wasn't sure what animal that would be. She was ready to have a pet of her own. It was going to be great, having a pet. Something to call her own. She looked around the shop, it was noisy and full of different types of animals. Mabel loved it.

She didn't want a noisy pet, so that crossed a number of animals off her list. She stopped in front of a cage full of kittens. She wanted one, but which one? She wasn't sure which to choose. Maybe someone could help her. "Hey, you," she said to a person standing near her. "Which do like more?"

Back to top Go down

A Cat to Match Empty Re: A Cat to Match

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Fane was interested in getting a rat, though not to keep as a pet, he hadn't the slightest clue why anyone would find pleasure in feeding and caring for a pathetic rat, since they were awfully useless. He wanted a rat to fatten up and use as bait for a creature much worthier of calling his pet. He wasn't sure just what kind of pet that would be yet, but he figured he could get a head start on plumping up the bait.

Someone was talking to him and he turned to face her with an air that showed he didn't really care. "Does it matter?" Fane replied, looking down at the assortment of kittens. Why should it matter which kitten he liked when it was her that was to choose one out. "Why would you want a kitten? Are you going to raise it to be a hunter? That would be cool." Fane sort of grinned at the notion of having a cat that fetched him little dead things as gifts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:42 pm

The boy seemed disinterested, but Mabel didn't care. "I want your opinion because you're the only one that seems to be around." She watched this kittens play with each other. "Of course," she stated. "It needs to catch mice and attack people that don't belong in my room. If I didn't train it to do that then it would be completely useless."

The kitten wasn't just for those reasons, she wanted a companion to be around in case she hated her roommate. Which was most likely because she didn't like many people. The kitten was also gonna be her friend.

She noticed the boy looking at rats. "Watch out," she warned, a wicked grin on her face. "Your rat might be my cat's dinner. That would be a shame." She smirked then looked back at the kittens. "You want a pet rat? They're not very good pets, they can get eaten by bigger animals."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Fane's mind was slowly changing to desiring a cat instead. He loved the idea of waking up in the morning and finding a dead mouse on his pillow, a gift from his hunter cat who served him well. He didn't care much for friendship with the cat, as long as the cat liked him.

"That's exactly the point," Fane replied, smoothing his hair. "I was going to use the rat to catch a bigger and better pet. But perhaps a feral cat would be more fun." Fane continued. "That way I won't have to wait."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:02 pm

"Cats are great hunters. Though I rather not clean,up dead mice in my room. Its gross." Mabel wasn't one to scream over a dead mouse or a bug in her bed, but she rather not have to deal with that at all. "It wouldn't bother me that much to clean up a dead mouse or two, but I'd rather have my kitten eat it."

"You could catch many things with a rat, many cool things." She wanted to try something like that out, but decided against it. She didn't want to find the rat sleeping with her or bundled in her clothes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:10 pm

"You have made me conflicted," fane replied and folded his arms. He had no way to decide himself, for money wasn't really an issue and hell, he could easily buy both, but only one pet was allowed to be taken to school. He didn't want to leave any pet home either because he knew the twins would play with it and Fane wasn't big on sharing.

"What do you think, nanny?" Fane asked, finally bringing note to the woman who had taken him on the shopping trip, since both his parents found themselves busy on that day. He was used to having her around though and she didn't usually bother him too much.

"Neithe." She answered, coldly. Fane's smile dropped.

"Why?" He asked, for once losing his cool and collected attitude and looked a bit surprised and annoyed.

"You wouldn't take care of either with their needs in mind, so you are getting neither." Fane looked horrified. How dare someone say something like that about him! But often when his nanny forbade something, he was unable to obtain it, so he gave it up and decided to act like he didn't care either way.

"Well I didn't really want a pet in the first place," he replied, a bit spiteful, and smoothed his hair out. "Who needs pets anyway?" He turned to the girl, hoping for her to agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Mabel found herself giggling at the boy and his little argument with his nanny. The boy had a nanny, which probably meant he had plenty of money. "Oh, not everyone needs a pet." The way the boy was acting made Mabel want to laugh, so she did. She wasn't sure why this was so funny. She found it funny that he even had a nanny, he was old enough to take care of himself.

"Aren't you a little old for a babysitter?" She replaced nanny were babysitter to hopefully annoy the boy. She really hoped she did, because she would then laugh even more at the boy and his fury. "I didn't think someone my age would need a babysitter." Her parents wanted to come into the shop with her, so she couldn't make fun of him much. She had to beg them not to and go with Fiona instead. "Then again, my parents wanted to come in here with me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Her laughter made him cringe. He wasn't a funny guy and certainly did not want to be laughed at like a freak show. His brow furrowed at her words. His nanny wasn't his 'babysitter.' Babysitters were for, well, babies and infants. His nanny was basically just a stand in for his actual mother.

"She's my guardian not a babysitter," he replied, indignantly. "I need one because I'm from such a high standing family that some people might kidnap me and hold me ransom and she's here to protect me," fane lied. She was only there because his parents couldn't be, like usual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Was this boy joking? Who would want to kidnap him? Some boy? He seemed to be just as normal as her, besides having a nanny. "I don't believe you," she said simply, if he was going to lie, it should have been believable. "You're not a very good liar, but you don't have to explain yourself. Its none of my business anyways."

She didn't laugh at him anymore. It didn't matter what the reason was for his lie, she didn't care much about that. But whatever he was covering up seemed to be personal and he probably didn't want to share it with some stranger he had just met.

"I'm Mabel, by the way. Mabel Miller. Are you a first year too or am I just assuming that you are?" She looked back at the kittens while pulling at the end of her braid, which she constantly did without thinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Maybe it wasn't the best executed lie, but Fane couldn't stand by and let the girl think that he was some incompetent child who needed someone to watch over him all of the time. "Okay, so maybe that isn't the truth," He started. "But if I told you the truth, you'd be too scared, so I'm going to spare you this time," He finished and was all fine and ready to leave without any pet then, but the girl stopped again.

He didn't care as much for introductions as he cared that she had called him a first year. "Second year," he answered, sounding bitterly. He couldn't wait until puberty kicked in and he finally got taller, for he was tired of being physically looked down on and mistaken for a child. "They call me Fane."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:52 pm

"I'm pretty sure your couldn't scare me and whatever the reason you have for having a nanny isn't scary." She rolled her eyes at the boy. "Are you always so full of yourself?" The boy was defiantly full of himself and wanted to make himself look cool. "Good, I didn't want to know anyways, its probably really boring." She picked up a black kitten from the bunch and began to pet it. "This kitten is more terrifying than you." As if on cue, the kitten hissed at the boy. "He doesn't seem to like you." Now all the kitten needed was a name to match its personality.

"You're so short," she commented, even though she was probably an inch or two shorter than the boy. "No wonder I got confused." She smirked some more. "Well, Fane, you're short and look like a first year." She wondered how long it would take until he exploded from her pushing his buttons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down