Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Step Up And Be Sorted

+22
Minnie Puchard
Rajan Ashley
Hanna Thorsdóttir
Reese Hayes
Max Wolfe
Stephanie Vargas
Andrea Ritter
Ursula Valdez
Garnet Hayes
Aidan De Gaule
Apollo Kronidis
Jonas Winchester
Isobel Green
Kayla Miller
Gregory Bell
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Lucie Banken
Harley Fenwick
Ryan Green
Linette Puchard
Madame Leblanc
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Step Up And Be Sorted Empty Step Up And Be Sorted

Post by Madame Leblanc Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 am

As you enter the Grand Hall, you come to find it's magnificence beyond anything you have ever seen before. Candles lit around the room and the students neatly seated at their tables. Your attention is caught by the large water goblet standing at the front center of the room. It's golden exterior is carved to perfection with the four animals that represent the houses. The water inside the goblet is a swirl of colors: gold, peach, royal purple and silver, a beautiful blend of the house colors.

You follow the line of other students as you make your way up to the front of the hall where you are instructed to stand single file. The Headmistress stands to address the hall as a whole.

"Welcome," she says. "Tonight begins another journey into the world of magic. I hope you all learn well." She turns to look at you and the other new students. "The Sorting Goblet is aware of your presence," she tells you all. "In a moment, it will begin to call you by name." Your eyebrows raise at this, wondering how a goblet can call your name. That is when you notice the water vapor slowly billowing up from the goblet.

The Headmistress goes on. "Pay close attention to the vapor as it will spell out one name at a time, in no particular order. When your name is written, you are to step forward and and tap the surface of the water with your finger. The colors will swirl."

There is murmuring amongst your peers and you can see that you are not the only one stunned by this information. The Headmistress is not yet finished with her instructions, and you are glad because she has not said how you know which house is where you belong.

"The mist and water vapor will materialize into the objects representing the two houses. In your mind, they will ask you a question or give you a sentence to finish. The final decision will be made based on your answer. You will need to give your answer aloud." She looks at you all for a moment to make sure you understand. "Two of the colors and one of the objects will vanish and the vapor will spell your house name in the air. You will then join your table. Any questions?"
There are none.

"Let the sorting begin."

OOC: Standing front and center of the Grand Hall is a water goblet. This is how the sorting works.
- The vapor will spell out the name of the student in all capital letters. I.E. SMITH, JANE.
- When your character's name is written, walk forwards and tap the water in the goblet with your finger.
- Staff will edit in a question or sentence that the objects representing the houses will ask your student in their mind so no other student will know what anyone else has been asked.
- You are to reply with your student's answer aloud (by editing it under the staff note).
- Based on your character's answer, two of the colors and one of the objects will disappear, leaving one house left represented. The name of this house will be written in the vapor in all capital letters. I.E. ÉCLAIRAGE
-After dinner the students will receive their dorm number from their head of house.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask a staff member.

- Lumière: Lumière students are brave, bright, and talented students at Beauxbatons. They tend to be the more reserved personality types of the two houses, but that doesn't stop them from achieving their goals. Students in this house tend to be interested in nature and literature, as well as critical thinking. They tend to think more logically and can sometimes become confused by feelings. They are proof that elegance can get one very far in life. Their colors are coral and gold and their dorm is located on the fifth floor in the Indoor Garden.

- Éclairage: Éclairage students are fearless, gifted and bold. They are often more assertive than their Lumière counterparts, but they get along well, for the most part. Students in this house tend to enjoy being indoors and are into the arts, particularly theater and dancing. They can sometimes come across as stubborn and bossy, and sometimes even lazy, but that doesn't mean that they aren't capable of great things. They are often very loyal friends, being very sensitive to the feelings of those they care about. Their colors are royal purple and silver and their dorm is located in the Dungeons.
Madame Leblanc
Madame Leblanc
Professor
Professor

Back to top Go down

Step Up And Be Sorted Empty Re: Step Up And Be Sorted

Post by Linette Puchard Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:38 pm

It was all a mystery to her, the way students were sorted into houses.  If there was one thing both her parents agreed upon it was to keep her in the dark about this.  She hadn't even been able to get her hands on a book which gave the information.  Not that Linette had tried.  Still she wasn't about to complain.  This mystery was now revealed and she knew.

She watched and listened to the headmistress's instructions.  Any order?  She wouldn't have to wait until the second half of the alphabet?  Or maybe she would be just chosen last.  Whenever her name was called she did not want to be first.  What if she made a mistake?  Right in front of everyone?

The water vapour rose from the cup and Linette watched carefully for the name to form.  Her heart fell as the name which formed was very familiar.  PUCHARD, LINETTE.  She was first.  Linette swallowed and stepped forward.  With her finger she tapped the water and watched the colours swirl.  Which houses would be closest aligned to herself?  She wasn't sure but she was about to find out.

Colors swirl into red/white on one side and green/yellow on the other. One of the animals asks into Linette's mind:
Finish this sentence: At a party I can be found _______.

CASAVANT

The question she heard in her mind was an easy one to answer.  Even if she hadn't been to a party Linette was certain of what it was she would do.  Out loud she replied, "chattering away to someone about the latest book I've read."  That was what she could picture herself doing at any party.
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Gemini Posts : 486

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Green Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Knowing that his brother was watching, Ryan kept a sweet smile plastered on his face. He noticed that there were people he had met at the shops and pub along the other first years. He couldn't say that meeting them was pleasant, because it wasn't. The only person that he could tolerate was the red haired boy and the boy named Philip. He despised the girl he had met at the pet shop. But once he was done with all his shopping, he met up with his brother and they talked about Beauxbatons.

Ryan couldn't say that he was excited to be sorted, he just wanted it all to be over. He didn't quite care about what house he was in, he just wanted to know which he'd been in sooner. Finally his name appeared.

GREEN, RYAN

He looked for his brother at the Montagnard table but gave up after five seconds and walked up ti the goblet of water. He looked back at the crowd watching him and smirked then he turned back and placed a finger in the water. He waited impatiently for his question.

If you were an animal, what would you be?

CERISIER

The question could have been more interesting but he couldn't complain, he just wanted this to be over with. What animal did he want to be? He could hardly choose an animal that he wanted as a pet. "I would want to be..." He didn't want to take too much time, he didn't want to look like an idiot. "A tiger." Tigers were fierce and totally cool.
Ryan Green
Ryan Green
Adult
Adult

Aries Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Fenwick Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Harley sucked in a deep breath as her named was called. She wasn't nervous, she never got nervous. It seemed like something inside her was hardwired to strictly allow no fear or doubt, and it helped in situations like now. She cracked her knuckles, something she did when she was about to tackle a Muggle car engine that wouldn't work or building a new computer program. This was just another equation.

She made sure to keep her shoulders down and her head held high as she walked up the stairs. She tripped on the last step, but she didn't fall so she just brushed it off. Halrey approached the goblet like she was the predator and it was her prey, cold and calculating. It was golden with intricate carvings. The water was misty, but it was swirled with an array of colours. She dipped her finger into the water as a shiver rolled down her spine.

Would you rather be able to travel through time or be immortal?

MONTAGNARD

"I would rather travel through time," she said in a heartbeat. "Being immortal would mean leaving behind the few people I care about. If I had to watch Elijah die, I don't know what I would do."
Harley Fenwick
Harley Fenwick
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Taurus Posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Banken Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Lucie stood with the rest of the fist years and watched the goblet curiously as names showed up the vapour and students stepped forward.  The ceremony was one of the strangest she'd ever witnessed.  And she gulped as she heard the answers the other first years gave without any clue as to the question.  What if she were asked a very difficult question? One she couldn't answer?  What if it used words she couldn't translate into Dutch in her head?  The vapours rose again.

BANKEN, LUCIE

Her name.  That was her.  Wait.  What was she supposed to do again?  Oh yes.  Step forward and stick her finger in that goblet.  She did so and waited for the question which would decide her fate.  Oh please let it be something I can understand and answer, she whispered in her mind.

If you could morph into any animal, what animal would it be?
FEU

"Um," Lucie began as the question was thrust into her head.  She bit her lip as she tried to come up with an answer.  What animal would she want to morph into?  All sorts of animals came to mind and were quickly dismissed.  "A squirrel because....because...because I like squirrels."  Not an adequate answer but Lucie's reason was too personal for her to share here in this room full of strangers.
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Pisces Posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Krischstein Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:53 am

Autumn was amazed. Awestruck. Stupefied. Great Hall had her completely speechless. The room was elegantly designed. Rich colors. Blues, emerald greens, royal purples, golds and reds covered every surface in the room. Candles everywhere. All things were equally fascinating.

Until she saw the goblet in the center of the room. She barely paid attention to the instructions about sorting. When the Headmistress stopped talking, she just prayed that her name wouldn't be first so she could watch first.

Her name wasn't first, which was helpful to her. She now knew that she had to touch the water with her finger.

ARMSTRONG, AUTUMN

The Goblet 'called'. She was suddenly very nervous. Lots of eyes were upon her.

She gently touched the water with her index finger and waited.

What is your best trait?

CERISIER

My best trait? she thought. Then she had her aha moment. "My best trait is being tenacious. My mom says that's just stubborness. But I don't care what she says.  Most of the time," she answered the Goblet. She heard a few laughs in the background, but she didn't know why.
Autumn Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Libra Posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie-Pierre Krischstein Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:19 am

The boy was spacing out a little, hearing some commotion around from little, though was surprised to see his name come up in the vapour above the goblet. "Krischstein, Julie-Pierre," it read, hearing some chuckles from his peers. His brows furrowed slightly under his bangs, the redhead sighing softly as he walked up to the object. Julie-Pierre eventually stood before the cup, his body tensing a little.

What question was going to be asked of him? How was he going to answer it?  Anticipation and fear was running through him. He knew he was over-complicating things, but it was a little of a habit of his. He was excited yet scared beyond belief. He wanted to be in Cerisier, but more than likely that wouldn't be the case. Would the goblet ask him a question that would purposefully put him in a different house? He didn't know. As terrified as he was, he tried to keep himself in check.

It was only one question. Being in a class he didn't like wasn't going to be the end of the world. At least, he hoped not.

If you could wake up tomorrow in someone else's body, who would it be and why?
FEU

Blue-hazel eyes closed as he listened carefully to the question. It was... interesting. It seemed simple, but also complex.

"If I could be in another's body..." The boy muttered to himself, crossing his arms as he began to contemplate instinctively. He figured all eyes were on him, so pressure was quickly welling. He needed to answer quickly. But what if he couldn't? What if he didn't answer fast enough and it resulted in his house being not what he wanted?

Quickly, he answered.

"It would have to be Autumn," he said in a slight whisper. "She's really nice, and I'd like to see how things are in her shoes, how things are in her home, and how she learned to be such a nice person."
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Adult
Adult

Taurus Posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory Bell Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:36 am

Gregory didn't pay much attention to the instructions the headmistress gave. He was imagining all of the events that had happened in the Great Hall in the past. Just a year ago, Autumn had been sorted in this very room. And many years before he or Autumn were born, his parents and uncle were being sorted. He'd soon be part of history. Not a big part. Probably not even a memorable part. But this was at least a part of his own history.

He had been sucked into reality again, just before his name was called. He was briefly worried about not focusing on the directions he was given, but he suddenly remembered that Autumn had told him about her own sorting.

Greg stepped forward and touched the water with his index finger, hoping that he had done it in the same way everyone else had. No need to be a weirdo he thought.

If you had one wish left, what would you wish for?
FEU

"I guess it depends," Greg answered without hesitating. "Why was I granted wishes to begin with?"
Gregory Bell
Gregory Bell
Adult
Adult

Capricorn Posts : 200

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayla Miller Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Kayla wished she could say this was the most important moment of her life, and that she'd wasted sleep and daydreamed about this moment. Nope. She was happy to be at Beauxbatons and just wanted to learn magic already. She'd just watched Cam and Wolfgang get Sorted into Cerisier. Cameron's face was crestfallen and he didn't seem too happy. She already felt bad for him for tripping and wanted to give him a hug. What was up with her and hugs lately?

She seemed to be waiting for ages and was one of the last ones left. She felt like she had already studied the Grand Hall's paintings a million times. She liked watching people's faces and reactions. It was hard keeping track of everyone's House after a while. Finally her name showed up.

MILLER, KAYLA.

Finally. A very tired Kayla stood up a little taller and walked over to the bowl. She dipped her finger in the water and tried to describe the feeling. It was cool, glossy, rippling water. "Interesting," she noted aloud before listening to her question.

What color explains your personality?
NUAGE

It only took her a few seconds to listen and think about the question. "Sea blue," she said. It was her go-to color. "I'm calm, patient, wise and a little reserved. That doesn't mean I can't let loose sometimes." That was definitely true. Despite her generally formal demeanor, she had her awkward moments where she burst out singing or just stared, mesmerized at a scene.
Kayla Miller
Kayla Miller
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:14 am

Isobel looked around the Grand Hall. This was something impressive. She couldn’t lie. She wondered how Ryan felt when he walked in this area for the first time. He probably wasn’t impressed. She was a bad representation of Ryan. What if she ended up being annoying to him instead? It didn’t matter right now. She’d self-loathe later.

As she approached the front of the hall, the headmistress began giving instructions. She half-listened to her, half examined the goblet that would be sorting each and every first-year. It probably had been sorting for centuries.

Before Isobel knew it, her name was being “called”.

She flipped her hair and stepped up to take her turn. She put her finger in the water, but just barely. Centuries-old water? No thanks.

If you could take one person to travel with you to the past, who would you take and where would you go?
MONTAGNARD

"I'd go back in time to visit my old parents and I'd go with..." Isobel thought for a moment. She was going to say Ryan, but he probably wouldn't be interested in that. "I'd go alone," she decided.  It was easier to say than to explain her whole life story to people she didn't know.
Isobel Green
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

Scorpio Posts : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonas Winchester Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Jonas smiled and bounced around in his position in line. He was so excited. He had been told about this moment for a very long time and he knew it would affect his future for seven years. And maybe even his future family's lives too, if the Goblet was as good at remembering as he had been told.

When his name was called, Jonas ran up to the Goblet and stuck his finger in the water. He didn't even care that his whole hand was almost in the water. He waited impatiently for his question. He was ready to see the result.

You were suddenly named ruler of the world. What is the first thing you'd do?
NUAGE

"Oh that's easy!" he said. "I'd take a nap. I would have to keep my energy up for when I need to do something important."
Jonas Winchester
Jonas Winchester
Adult
Adult

Cancer Posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Kronidis Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Apollo looked eagerly around the Grand Hall. He couldn't hide his excitement...A huge cheerful smile had been drawn upon his face. His old wizard school never mentioned such a ceremony...That was the moment he realized what an awful school it was. But that didn't matter anymore. Because something exciting was surely about to happen.

He approached the front of the Hall, only to see the Headmistress giving instructions. She seemed quite strict...He just wished not to get into trouble, because he would have to face that woman. He listened to the most important parts of her instructions and at the same time was thinking the awesome school he had been accepted to...

The colors suddenly begun to swirl and a mist rose off the water. Apollo was just wondering about...what if I am the first one? This mere idea made him slightly nervous. The first name is spelled out:

Kronidis, Apollo

He couldn't hide his shocked expression...Really? Him? Why him? He took a stop forward and then slowly put his finger in the water...So many thoughts came in his mind...what if the water was poisoned...or what if something will bite him? Well it didn't really matter anymore because his finger was already in...

What is your biggest dream?
NUAGE

Hmmm...That was quite an easy one..."Easy! I want to live a happy life and make others happy! I want to help them and feel helpful as well. I want to help people and myself." He said rather instinctively.
Apollo Kronidis
Apollo Kronidis
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Sagittarius Posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan De Gaule Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Aidan felt, well, weird. As he was the only non-first-year, he would be sorted last. While they waited, Aidan looked at the tables. Some of the people looked bored, some excited, and some... Were some of them looking at him? He smiled and blushed a little. They were about halfway through the first-years... He looked at the goblet. So how did a goblet just pick where people belonged? I guess the water knows... Ironic, how yet another factor in his life got decided by water. And then, it happened.

DE GAULE, AIDAN

He stepped forward, not really knowing what was going to happen. Maybe he should have looked when the others got sorted... He looked at the lady. Then, he dipped his finger in the bowl, not really too confident in his ability to be sorted by water. Do I have to say a spell? Am I missing something here...?

What house would you like to be in and why should you be there?
CERISIER

"Well, I haven't seen that much of the houses, but Montagnard seemed so selfish, I don't think I'd ever fit in with Cerisier, and Feu just seems way too smart for me... So I guess that only leaves Nuage for me, right? I heard they were pretty relaxed, too..."
Aidan De Gaule
Aidan De Gaule
Adult
Adult

Scorpio Posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Garnet Hayes Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Garnet didn't care for this school one bit and just wanted to transfer back to her beloved school that she actually had friends at. The new fourth year hadn't even tried to make friends and she didn't think she would try at all. She couldn't tell if anyone was worth her time or not and so far no one seemed to be. This was the school that everyone talked highly of, the school that her new sister had ran away from. There were high hopes for Garnet and there big shoes to fill. She didn't want to fill them but it seemed like everyone was depending on her.

Garnet couldn't do anything but go through with this. She let out a long sigh and stood along the other new people. She just hoped this would go by quickly so she can set up her room and lay down some ground rules for her roommate. Everyone else looked excited but she just wanted to get out of there.

Finally she saw her name and pushed her way through the crowd. She didn't care that people would hate her and be mad that she didn't say "excuse me". She dipped her finger into the goblet and waited.

Is patience a virtue? Why or why not?
MONTAGNARD

Garnet thought it over for a moment before a smirk appeared on her face. Instead of answering she said, "Why don't you ask someone else?" She didn't want to be here anyway. So why should she give in?

Last edited by Garnet Palmer on Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Garnet Hayes
Garnet Hayes
Adult
Adult

Capricorn Posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursula Valdez Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:01 pm

Ursula was terrified. Was she going to let it show? No way. Her hands weren't even shaking a little bit as she stood there, not moving a single inch. The four tables were all looking at them, and she couldn't shake the feeling they were staring her down. She felt their eyes burning on her back, but she didn't look back. The old lady wrapped up her speech about the houses. Everyone looked at the bowl, full of anticipation. She clenched her teeth. Some other kids were talking amongst themselves. How could they bear this?! The mists swirled around the bowl. 

URSULA CLARA VALDEZ CABALLERO

She saw the letters appearing, but her brain didn't register what exactly happened. She stood still for about 10 seconds, when the whispers started. "Uhm... Isn't she supposed to, like, go up there?" "What kind of a long-ass name is that?" She took a deep breath in. Then out. She wasn't just Ursula Clara Valdez Caballero. She was Amazon Ursula Clara Valdez Caballero. She stepped forward. The water was calling out to her... She put her hand inside the bowl. She knew she only had to dip her finger in, but it just felt... Better? Her hand remained in the bowl as she envisioned her question.

Do bad things happen by fate or as a result of bad choices?
FEU

Ursula didn't have to think about it for a moment. If it wasn't fate that did both good and evil things, what did?

"I believe fate plays a very big part in everything going on. Even more so, we all stand here today because we have been gifted with the possibility to change our fate. Isn't that what magic is all about? Bending destiny?"

Last edited by Ursula Valdez on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Ursula Valdez
Ursula Valdez
Adult
Adult

Aquarius Posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Ritter Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Andrea looked around the strange room her entire journey from letter to Beauxbatons had taken her. The goblet in the middle of the room was but one distraction. Andrea was looking around at everything and everyone.  There was so much to take in.  So much to describe to Dominick the first time she would write to him. What a strange idea. Writing to her cousin instead of just her grandparents.  The latter an obligation.  Her cousin on the other hand would be a choice and unlike her grandparents she didn't have to lie to him.  Well she often did lie when she wrote them but not talking of this place would be the biggest lie of all.

With her mind elsewhere she almost missed her name coming up out of the vapours.  Correction, she did miss it and it wasn't until she felt someone nudge her that she saw it.

RITTER, ANDREA.

"That's me.  Oh sorry I wasn't paying attention," she gasped feeling somewhat embarrassed at her lack of attention.  She moved forward at a more hurried pace than some of the others before her had and dipped her finger into the liquid.

What is your favorite sound?
CERISIER

The question in her head felt ticklish to Andrea. The  question was much more troublesome.  Her brow wrinkled as she tried to come up with an answer.  There was an answer to the question wasn't there?  Unfortunately it wasn't something Andrea had ever been asked before.  Time was ticking and Andrea was stuck.  "Um I don't think I have a favourite sound. If you asked me my least favourite it would have been much easier."  Something did come into her head after she spoke but she kept silent.  She didn't think Lake Lucerne as so much a sound as an entire world of feelings which she did not wish to utter at all.
Andrea Ritter
Andrea Ritter
Adult
Adult

Libra Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Vargas Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:50 am

Stephanie entered the Grand Hall rather anxious...she didn't really know what to expect. She sighed. She had to stay focused. This was a really important day. She listened to her mother talking about it enough times for Stephanie, to consider it important. She took a deep breath.

She approached the front of the Hall, only to see the Headmistress giving instructions. Stephanie listened to the Headmistress's every word. She understood everything. She couldn't even imagine how some kids felt when they didn't listen to the instructions. For Stephanie instructions were of great importance.

As she was thinking of all these her name was spelled out:

Vargas, Stephanie

She immediately stepped forward and dipped her finger in the liquid. This wasn't a time for her to show her anxiety. She remained calm and reserved. The liquid was cold, but in an eerily refreshing way...

What is one thing that bothers you that doesn't seem to bother anyone else?
CERISIER

Stephanie tended to overthink everything. But not this time. She knew exactly the answer to that question with just a little thought. However she tried to check in her mind if the answer is correct again and again. Even if she knew it, she would never say something without thinking of it through. She wasn't like that. "It's order and schedules. I want to schedule my every move before doing it. I know that there are others who do the same as well, but not always. I would never act without a complete plan, in my life."
Stephanie Vargas
Stephanie Vargas
Adult
Adult

Gemini Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Wolfe Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:01 am

Max  didn't know what he was expecting, but this wasn't it. He was expecting so much more fanfare than this, but it was literally a bunch of children sticking their fingers in water followed by thunderous applause from their corresponding house. Hardly anything to be excited about.

Finally, his name (his mildly embarrassing full name) was "called."

WOLFE, MAXIMUS

Ignoring giggles from his fellow classmates, he stepped up to the goblet. He stuck his finger into the water and suddenly understood why this was so cool and such a big deal. It was strange. He felt like his mind wasn't his own.

If you could meet anyone again, who would it be? Would you change anything about the way you met the first time?
MONTAGNARD

Max had to think about it. "I mean, there's this girl," he answered. He didn't want to name her because she was obviously in the room. "I don't want to change the way I met her, but I wish I could change the circumstances that brought about her reaction. I'm kind of jerk, but there's obviously more to it than just that."
Max Wolfe
Max Wolfe
Adult
Adult

Scorpio Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Reese Hayes Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:16 am

Reese was nervous to say the least. He couldn't stay still, since he was unable to move around the crowd he twiddled his thumbs. Twiddling then turned into hitting his hands against his legs over and over until one of his fellow first years told him to cut it out. He then stuck with bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet. He could tell that some of the other students were getting annoyed with his actions but he couldn't be bothered with that, he just needed to do something to take his mind off of how nervous he was. He let out a long sigh before finally stopping his bouncing. The urge to start up again was strong but he knew that others were already annoyed with him. He didn't want anyone to hate him. So he stared at the back of the person in front of him's head instead. You can do this, this is no big deal.

Hayes, Reese

Oh god, that was him. This was it, this was the moment that would change his life. He let out another long breath before making his way through the crowd. He became more and more anxious with every step he took. The attention was on him and he hated it, he despised it. He wanted everyone to shut their eyes and not look at him. He felt so uncomfortable and scared. He quickly stuck his finger into the goblet. The quicker he was, the quicker this would be over.

You get to ask your favorite celebrity a question. What would you ask?
NUAGE

Who was his favorite celebrity? What what would he ask them? He wasn't quite sure. He wasn't into all of that celebrity gossip and nonsense. "I'm not sure," he said quietly. "Because I don't think I have a favorite celebrity."
Reese Hayes
Reese Hayes
Adult
Adult

Virgo Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna Thorsdóttir Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:26 pm

Hanna thought she was ready, she really did. She was used to being called as one of the final ones in her, seeing as her last name started with "T". She turned to one of the few friends she had made on the way over here and began to whisper "What do you think I will be pu-Daughter of Thor, Hanna, the vapour spelled out. She felt as if she had been hit on the nose by the goblet's knowledge of her family, to the point where she temporarily forgot that it was literally in her name.

She sucked in her breath as she strode on towards the goblet. On the outside she seemed calm, well, much calmer than she was on the inside. Her stomach felt is it was filled with cold soup, emptied of said soup, and then refilled. She was ten feet, then five feet away, her legs feeling more like jelly, and moving more on instinct than command. She really hoped that she didn't do this wrong. She stuck her left index finger into the goblet and waited.

Would you betray a friend if it meant all your dreams could come true?
NUAGE

There was no point risking saying something she didn't mean in English or French through a bad translation, so she spoke in Icelandic, coming through calmly, but loud enough that some of the other eleven year olds could hear her.

"Nei, ég einfaldlega gat ekki fengið mig til að brjóta traust í öðru sem ég halda svo kær fyrir mig. Fáir eru vinir mínir, en þeir fáir eru of nálægt til að gefa upp. Ég treysti þeim bara eins og þeir treysta mér. Svik er tveggja beittur sverð."

(No. I simply couldn't bring myself to break the trust in another that I hold so dear for myself. Few are my friends, but those few are too close to give up. I trust them just as they trust me. Betrayal is a two edged sword.)

Hanna knew that the Goblet understood her. How she knew this she had no idea, but considering that it had just spoken into her head, she figured that knowing Icelandic wasn't that much of a stretch for the weird cup.
Hanna Thorsdóttir
Hanna Thorsdóttir
Adult
Adult

Step Up And Be Sorted Prefect_zpsdwlylkec

Back to top Go down

Post by Rajan Ashley Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Making friends was difficult for the eleven year old but he didn't mind. Everyone was below him anyways and who needed friends? He did happen to gather up a small group of fellow eleven year olds to follow him around. They were all so clueless and just wanted him to like them, but he never would. He would just use them instead. That's what he did. He did have an older student watching over him just in case he found himself in trouble. He knew he would eventually but now he had others to blame which could get him out of some trouble.

The students around him chatted nervously but he remained silent. His followers, who he had yet to come up with a name yet, chatted and kept asking each other what house they wanted to be sorted into. He honestly didn't care what house he was sorted into as long as he wasn't sorted into a stupid house.

ASHLEY, RAJAN

His name appeared and his little following clapped as he made his way to the front of the crowd. Make way for the king, he thought with a smirk. He was confident and it showed as he stuck his finger into the goblet.

Is it better to rely on your head or heart?
Éclairage

"Head, of course," he replied almost instantly. He was never really around any love and didn't think it was a good idea to follow your heart at all.
Rajan Ashley
Rajan Ashley
Adult
Adult

Virgo Posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnie Puchard Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:10 am

The Sorting Ceremony was the part of Beauxbatons Minnie dreaded for years.  She knew what was to come.  Sort of.  Colette, her best friend's older sister, had warned her the day she'd also suggested that Minnie became Minnie Puchard instead of her real name.  The embarrassing one.  She bit her lip and clenched her fists as she waited for the hated name to show up in the vapours.  "Please get this over and done with fast," she whispered.  The sooner she got over that hurdle the better.  Instead of course it went so horrendously slow.  Minnie almost fell asleep as she watched her new classmates get sorted into their respective houses.

Finally the both dreaded and anticipated moment arrived.  PUCHARD, MIGNON.  She flushed at the embarrassing name and stepped forward.  If anyone dare say anything afterwards she was going to hit them with her wand and later after learning her first hex hit them with that too.  That thought swirled around in her head very much in the manner of the swirling waters of the goblet when she stuck in her finger.

What do you like most about yourself?
Éclairage

Minnie wrinkled her nose at the words sounding in her head.  What did she like most about herself?  There was so much to say on this.  She considered all the options and finally decided on one she liked most. "I'm not like my parents.  I am me and no-one else."  There.  Done and dusted.  Now the wait would soon be over.
Minnie Puchard
Minnie Puchard
Adult
Adult

Libra Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Puchard Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:18 pm

Madi walked into the Grand Hall, trailing behind the other first years. Her mom had told her about the sorting ceremony, so she wasn't too worried about it. She was more excited to see the building. The castle was so old. And for a millennia-old building, it was surprisingly beautiful. Her imagination got the best her here. She could see herself as a princess here, walking down the marble staircases in a gown, holding the arm of a handsome man. It was a good vision.

But then, her attention was divided. It was time to get sorted. They stood for a long time, but it was exciting because whenever the houses got a new student, everyone would cheer and clap. Madi couldn't wait for everyone to do that for her.

After a long time, her name finally appeared.

She stepped up to the goblet and touched the surface with her finger. She waited for her question.

What is the most important rule to live by?
Éclairage

Madi was quiet and stood still as she thought the idea over. Then, it came to her. Something her grandmother had told her before. She couldn't remember it exactly, but she believed she understood well enough to explain it to the Sorting Goblet. "I think that some rules are just silly. So you should break some. I think that's how the saying goes," she answered. It sounded wrong, but close enough.
Madeline Puchard
Madeline Puchard
Adult
Adult

Aquarius Posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach Branson Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Zach came in the Grand Hall and was very excited what was going on. He turned to the person next to him,
"Hey which house do you hope you get?" asked Zach.

"I hope I get Eclairage! What about you?" the boy next to him spoke with much excitement.

"I don't know... I'm just so excited for this! Maybe a little nervous too..." said Zach.

Zach sat and waited on his name to be called. He was hoping it would be soon as it seemed already 20+ people have been called! He was hoping maybe soon it would be him...

The water vapor shot up again and he seen,

"BRANSON, ZACH"

Zach was full of excitement and was still wondering if that was really him? He finally got a hold of himself and walked up to the goblet... He was very nervous now... Thinking what would happen.

He then put his finger in the water. It had a ice cold feeling to it and it begun to start changing!

Would you rather be given the ability to turn invisible or to read the thoughts of others? Why?
Lumière

Zach stood and had to think on this one as he wasn't sure... He pondered on this one for a bit...

"Just choose already!" yelled another student from the back of the room. "I think I would prefer invisibility. Why? Because even although I would like to know the thoughts of others, I also know i wouldn't like someone doing the same to me. Everyone would be scared to have there mind read by me and I would become an outcast... I wouldn't want that and I don't think anyone needs that kind of power... Where as being invisible I can use it for the gain of safety... I can distance myself from bullies or any evils that may inside or out of the castle. I could use it for a little bit of fun such as acting like a ghost!  That is the reason I would choose invisibility over the fact of reading minds," Zach said with a strong voice and a slight smile.
Zach Branson
Zach Branson
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Step Up And Be Sorted Prefect_zpsdwlylkec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:07 am

Gretch was new to the school and it showed, she wasn't very good at making friends and didn't really have any. That was okay though, she was used to being an outcast wherever she went. Even in her own house she was an outcast. Before Beauxbatons, she had gone to Hogwarts and was kicked out for bad behavior. She had been surprised that she had made it that long and that she was given a second chance. She was going to try to be on her best behavior and stay on her mother's good side. If she acted out, she would be on her way home and would be going to a muggle school near her home.

The new school year hadn't started in the best way for the sixth year, she had lost her favorite pet. Her beautiful spider had passed away right before school had started and that left her feeling even more alone. She knew that it was weird to claim a spider as her best friend, but she had been. And now she was gone. And Gretchen was left to fend for herself without her trusty sidekick.

She was nervous to get sorted. She had done this before but the second time around made her more nervous than she had been the first time. She didn't know why she was so nervous, she wasn't a first year and she had already attended her sorting ceremony at Hogwarts.

BURTON, GRETCHEN

Gretchen gulped, her mouth suddenly became super dry and her hands began to sweat. She carefully walked up and took her spot in front of the goblet. This was very different than Hogwarts and she had to admit that she liked the Sorting Hat more that this goblet thing. "Oh well," she whispered before sticking her index finger into the cup and swirling it around a bit.

What house would you like to be in and why should you be there?
Lumière

Gretchen honestly didn't care what house she was put into. Did she lie and just pick a house? But then she would have to explain why she thought she would be in that house. She probably shouldn't lie either since that might put her into the wrong house. "I don't care which house I'm put into," she answered truthfully. "I was a student at Hogwarts before this and I got into trouble and I'm just glad to have a second chance."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum