Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Babysitting

Go down

Babysitting Empty Babysitting

Post by Osmund Hollow Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Why Osmund had agreed to this, he hadn't a clue. The Montagnard was aware that his mates had family in the school as well as him, but when Quentin and Paige had come along, he hadn't needed to talk to them, besides the times they interacted with Quidditch. Why Odette was any different, Osmund didn't have a clue. She was Christian's youngest cousin and a Montagnard as well, which Osmund found odd since the D'Angelos seemed to have had a streak for being Cerisiers. Osmund had been asked to show the little brat around, which Osmund didn't understand why it had to be him, when there were two perfectly good Prefects to help out and both of them were well acquainted with Christian as well. Nonetheless, he agreed with a sigh and told his mate to tell his cousin to meet him at the astronomy tower.

If she thought she was going to get a well laid out tour of the whole freaking palace, she had another thing coming her way. He didn't have the time, nor the patience, or the attitude to babysit the munchkin all day so he was going to go through things briefly, mainly by looking over the balcony of the high tower and pointing things out. He pulled out his pocketwatch and checked the time, tapping it with disgust as the girl was already coming on to his bad side by being late. When he heard feet coming up the stairwell, he turned to face the entrance of the open room and looked at her with his cold hazel eyes. She was short and had black hair, like the natural colored portions of Quentin, so he assumed this was the kid. "You are late," He said, coldly, and crossed his arms expecting her to apologize like a behaving child.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Sagittarius Posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Babysitting Empty Re: Babysitting

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Odette hurried up to get to the north tower on time, but still seemed to be late to meeting her cousins friend. She nodded her head once she'd entered and he had told her that she was late. She nodded again And apologized quietly. "I'm sorry, Mr. Hollow" she spoke quietly but with a hint of firmness in her voice so he knew she meant what she was saying. True, she'd gotten lost on her way to the tower, Quentin's way of describing things was very confusing, but she wasn't about to rattle on about why she was late. It was tedious and took up more time. She sighed and looked up at the Montgnard Quidditch Captain and waited for him to say something, she didn't want to make him angry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Osmund raised an eyebrow. There was no need for those sort of formalities but he supposed it wasn't hurting either of them for her to refer to him by 'Mr. Hollow.' He held his cold gaze on her for a moment, showing his utter disinterest in her before motioning with his hand.

"I really don't have nearly enough free time to waste on showing you every single place in the castle so lets get this done and over with, shall we?" He retorted. He didn't care what she wanted. She should be grateful that he was giving her any sort of tour at all. "This is the astronomy tower. It's the really tall one and has an observatory, which is where we are now," he explained, unenthused and made a sweeping motion with his arm across the room. Merlin knew how much Osmund would soon rather throw himself off the observatory than be here right now explaining such things to a child.

He motioned her to come to the edge and he leaned on the railing, looking down at the ground that looked so small below. This was the perfect spot to show her lots of places and quickly. "Come here," he ordered, so she could see as he pointed things out.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:38 pm

Odette listened to him as he explained where they were, she nodded and making noting the tower that they were in. She bit her lip and kept quiet, not asking any questions to him. She obeyed quickly when he told her to come over to where she was. She looked over the edge of observatory, it was gorgeous. She smiled a little. The landscape and whole palace was beautiful. She covered her smile up again kept her straight face. She looked at Oz for instructions, but she could see how tedious and annoying this was for him. She figured she would be able to find her way around on her own. Christian had just figured it'd make her feel more comfortable since she was in Cerisier. She sighed a little. "You don't have to show me around...I'm sorry for wasting your time and appreciate for doing this." She spoke softly. "But...it was a pleasure to meet you, though. " she said feeling a little awkward, but she didn't want him to be spending unwanted time on something that she could probably figure out by herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:58 pm

The girl quietly obeyed and came forth to the edge and looked over it with him. He was surprised at what she had to say. "You know I have never killed anyone before," Osmund replied, sure that she was only scared of him. Probably because he was tall, muscular from playing quidditch, wore dark makeup and had untidy long hair. Not to mention Christian had probably told his cousins false information about him. "So relax, I'm already sodding here, I might as well do something." He finished and then pointed out yonder.

"Those are the stables, that's where those horses that brought us to school live during the school year. And that building there is the owlrey, where you can send mail via owl, which I'm sure is a concept you already understand, and those are the greenhouses, where you'll study herbology," Osmund explained, pointing towards each place as he pointed them out.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Odette understood everything to a science and nodded. She had tried to explain that he didn't need to waste his time with her, but he seemed to brush off the fact like it was nothing. She bit her lip a little and nodded. She felt so young in comparison to Osmund and it made her feel awkward. She'd been hoping that coming to the school would be a great new change, but it was turning into a nightmare. She didn't know anyone in her house except René, but she felt like she needed to keep up her family image when she was around him. And well people outside her house...all she'd met was Fane and he'd been annoying from the start. Lost in her own thoughts she hadn't realized that Oz had been talking to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Osmund was in the middle of explaining how to maneuver around the grounds to find each of the places when he looked at her and noticed something. "Hey, are you even paying attention!?" Osmund snapped, as he watched the youth's eyes glaze over and stare out yonder. He crossed his arms and sighing audibly. If she was so grateful like she had said so, why didn't she prove it.

"Never mind," He said, grudgingly and took a few steps back. "I shouldn't expect that someone your age would have a very good attention span." For Merlin's sake most first years were all bubbly and bouncing all over the place. He didn't know why had had imagined Odette to be different. "So I guess you're done with the tour now, so carry on your way and if you have any questions, don't ask me." His tone was almost hostile as he nearly spat out each word. He was trying to do something nice for her, which he normally didn't do. This was just proving that he couldn't win whether he was being mean or kind.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down