Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Unique Pet, Unique Name

Go down

Unique Pet, Unique Name Empty Unique Pet, Unique Name

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:23 pm

A pet would be the perfect thing for August. He just wasn't sure what he wanted. There seemed to be so many different kinds. Cats? Nah. Ferrets? Nah. These were all too common. His pet would be unique. If it was unique, it would also need a umique name. No common names were allowed for this special pet.

Whatever pet that would be. He must find the perfect pet before he picked the perfect name. What would the perfect pet be? Hampsters were too common, so were rats. His scanned the shop, petting a few animals as he did. Nothing really caught his eye. Nothing said 'take me home'.

Back to top Go down

Unique Pet, Unique Name Empty Re: Unique Pet, Unique Name

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:45 am

Cassie was running low on food for her owl, he was too spoiled to eat any mouse that roamed the school. So, intead, Cassie had to buy special food for her spoiled pet. But she didn't mind. Nat was the only thing she was happy about this year at the moment. He was the way of escaping her mother and any other problem. Taking care of him took all of her attention and she needed to get her mind off of things.

While choosing the food, she noticed a younger boy. He looked a bit confused and wasn't sure what he was doing. It would be best to help out the poor boy, he had to be starting school soon. She assumed. She walked over to the boy and eyed the owl he was watching. "Hello, can I help you? I'm Cassie. Looking for a pet?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:07 am

August was thankful that someone was there to help him. The girl was older than him and by the looks of the food she was carrying, she had a pet of her own. Maybe she could help with his choosing of a pet. That would be very nice of the girl and August would be very greatful.

Cassie? Why did that name sound familiar? He didn't know a Cassie though, but he could have heard of one. That had to be it, other wise the name wouldn't sound so familiar. "I've heard your name before, but I don't know where." It was a common name and it was short for other names. Maybe if she said her full name, he'd know who she was. "I'm August. I'm looking for a pet." Why bother wondering who she was if he had never seen her before? It was pretty pointless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:47 am

Cassie was a common name, she was sure the boy had her confused for someone else. "Cassie is a popular name. Its short for Cassandra for me. Which is also pretty popular, I suppose. Though I have never met another Cassandra." There was no way the boy knew who she was, he had only heard her name before. That was it.

"So, August, you need help choosing a pet? I might be able to help you with that. I love animals and can tell you facts about the different ones here. Maybe then it would be easier for you." She smiled at the owl they were standing in front of. "I have an owl of my own and he is a drama queen. But owls are amazing creatures, plus they can send letters for you. Some bite, so be very careful."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:36 am

Cassandra....Cassandra....Cassandra. How come that name sounded so familiar? He hadn't just heard it from a random person and the name didn't come up just once. He had heard it a couple of times. Why couldn't he remember where he had heard it from? What if this wasn't the right Cassandra he was thinking about? "I think I know you. I mean, I've never met you til now so I don't know you know you. But I've heard your name plenty of times. I just can't think of the person who told me. If you are the right Cassandra after all."

Then it hit him. Percy! She had talked a great deal about a Cassandra. Maybe this was the Cassandra that she talked about. There was no time to think about pets at the moment, he had to find out if this was the right Cassandra. "Do you know a Percy? She's my cousin and she talks about a Cassandra. Is that you? Are you that Cassandra? The one she talks about?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Cassie wasn't sure what he was rambling about or his point. But as soon as Percy's name came out of his mouth, she gave him all her attention. "Yeah, I know Percy. She's in my year and she's my friend. You're cousins? You do look similar." That meant Percy talked about her, she knew that. But what kind of information does she tell her cousin? Anything embarrassing? Probably not. Percy wouldn't do something like that. She wouldn't say anything mean or anything like that. She had no reason to worry.

She decided not to press on the subject, she'd have to ask Percy about that later. "So, that pet." Her attention was now on finding a pet for the boy. "What kind of animals do you like? Cats are soft and cuddly, owls are loyal and can send letters, ferrets are sneaky and are also cuddly. There's more. Anything sound good to you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:54 pm

So, she was the right Cassie and she knew his cousin.It would have been really weird if she was the wrong one, then he would have looked like an idiot. He did sometimes feel, look, and act like an idiot, but people tolerated his nonsense. "Oh good! I thought you could have been the wrong Cassie and that would have been embarrassing." He gave out a small laugh, happy that he had found someone sorta familar. Even if they had never met, she still knew a bit about her and that was enough for him. Maybe they would become friends and the three of them could do things together as a group of friends. "We all can be friends! That would be great!" His excitement was getting the best of him, she didn't have to agree to become friends after all.

"Oh yeah, a pet! I'm not sure what kind of pet I want. Nothing stands out to me. Nothing screams 'take me home'." Though he only looked at a few animals and there were so many more animals to choose from. Even though one didn't stand out at the moment, that didn't mean he wouldn't find one later. The facts about the animals helped a great deal and he would base his pick on the pet he choose. "Not sure yet," he bit his lip as he thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:19 am

The thought of them all being friends sounded pretty cool. August seemed like a sweet boy and she could see them being friends. It was a good idea and it made her smile. "That would be great, all of us being friends. We are now friends." She would have to tell Percy about meeting August if he didn't tell her first. He seemed like the type to spread news fast and he seemed close to Percy.

"Lets look around some more, there's gotta be something that catches your eye." They began to walk around, talking about the different types of animals. As Caasie told him interesting facts, August looked at the types of animals and nodded every once and a while while she spoke. "See anything you like?" They had been through the whole store and he hadn't pointed out any animals that caught his eye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down