Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Potion Explosion

Go down

Potion Explosion Empty Potion Explosion

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:49 pm

Caleb knew that this was going to be one of his favorite classes. Though it had nothing to do with candy. Maybe they should make a class about candy. He would be sure to attend that class. But sense this class didn't have candy in it, he brought his own. He made sure to hide it from the professor's sight. He tried to pay attention to class, but it was hard to when there was candy on his lap.

When they were able to start making a potion, Caleb opened up his book to the right page. He skimmed through it, but began to get bored. "Boring," he muttered. He decided to do it his own way. He wasn't sure what some of the ingredients were, but he put in different amounts of each. "It needs candy!" He opened up his candy bag, picked out his favorite, and dropped it in with the rest of the ingredients.

The potion turned a sick green color and began to bubble. It was beginning to make a sound that kept getting louder and louder. The attention seemed to be on him and he covered his ears. Then the potion settled down and turned a purple color. After that, the potion exploded all over the walls, him, and the other people in the room. "Oops..." He said with a sheepish grin. "Sorry?"

Back to top Go down

Potion Explosion Empty Re: Potion Explosion

Post by Professor Belyakov Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Professor Belyakov had a passion for potions and some of his students obviously did too. However the ones that had a passion for potions, and knew how to take the class serious were usually in his higher level classes with his older students. They classes that he usually found the most complications were his first year classes. Those were full of over excitable and completely clueless kids who just wanted to see potions change fancy colors. In order to be a potions professor one has to learn many cleaning spells especially when it came to first year classes. Belyakov couldn't begin to count the number of times a potion had burst into flames or a students hair had. Usually he was very kind with students who had a hard time with potions it was only when he saw a student purposely mess up a step in the procedure 'just to see what happens'.

Today he was having the class try their hand at a very minor sleep potion. In the end they were supposed to achieve a light blue liquid that reflected as well as a mirror. With this particular one he was used to seeing students stir it too long and it would spin in the cauldron until it spilled over the edges. What he wasn't used to was watching a student toss a piece of candy into his cauldron and it start to bubble like crazy. As soon as the potion stopped he walked over to have the child dump it but it was then that it exploded its purple liquid over everyone. "Alright class is dismissed early, everyone get back to your dorms immediately and wash this off. " He announced to the class. "Not you Mr. Miller." He said simply to the child who smiled at his explosion.
Professor Belyakov
Professor Belyakov
Professor
Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Caleb hadn't meant to cause an explosion, he just thought candy made everything better. "I'm sorry, sir." He didn't know what else to say, for the first time in his life. How could candy cause an explosion? It was supposed to make things better and sweet! "Candy was supposed to make it better." He tried to hide his candy bag before the professor could see, but he knew he probably did. He didn't want it to get taken or thrown away.

He knew he would have to help clean up his mess. He would probably have to do it by himself. "Am I in trouble?" Obviously he was in trouble, he just wanted to know how much. "I didn't mean for it to happen." He was upset over many things, one being that the professor was probably very angry with him. He hated when people were angry at him, he tried his best to not make people angry with him. "I'm sorry, sir." He just couldn't stop apologizing AMD rambling.

He then noticed his accent. "I'm can probably mimick your accent. I'm pretty good at that." He wasn't trying to get off subject, he just rambled a lot and switching subjects was a talent of his. "I'm sorry, but I ramble a lot and I switch subjects on accident." He then decided to shut up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Belyakov Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Professor Belyakov stood of the young boy with harms crossed. listening to him apologize and try to explain why he had done it. Of course the reason was no where near and acceptable excuse. How many time before he even allowed his students to start a potion did he explain that they would have to follow the directions very close, and under no circumstances should they add an ingredient. He was starting to get used to students adding extra amounts of an ingredient or even adding something not called for, but at least it was still a normal potion ingredient. Never in his time at the school, even as a student, had he heard of a student putting candy into their cauldron. "Candy is not an ingredient we will be using in this class, at least not for quite some time. I seriously hope I won't be see anymore of it in my room." He told the boy simply, hoping this was going to be the last time he'd have to say that.

"In the cupboard in the corner you'll find gloves, sponge, and bucket. They have a special charm on them to clean potions. Also I'll be taking that bag of candy from you until you've finished. You might be late to dinner if you don't get a move on." He said, pointing to the corner of the room before holding his hand out for the bag of "ingredients". "Oh and I'll see you back here this Saturday for your detention." He added before walking to his desk.
Professor Belyakov
Professor Belyakov
Professor
Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Caleb had learned his lesson, he would never put candy in a potion ever again. It was a waste of candy and it only made the professor mad at him. "I promise I won't bring candy into class." It would kill him not to be able to take his candy with him, but he didn't want to make people more mad at him. He had never been away from candy for so long before. Besides the two weeks he wasn't allowed to have any. "...is my mother gonna find out about this?" If his mother found out, his candy would be gone for good. And Caleb would be a mess without his candy.

When the professor told him to give him his candy, Caleb's grip on his candy tightened. "B-but..." He looked down at his candy and frowned, he then handed it over. "Be careful with it, its fragile." He got up from his seat and went over to the cupboard, he opened it and took out the things he needed. He sighed, he hated cleaning. He put the gloves on then grabbed the sponge and started to get to work. He wondered if his potion worked and what it did now. But he stopped wondering when he heard the word 'detention'. He was getting a detention? He frowned and almost began to cry, but stopped himself before he started.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down