Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Owl to Decide

Go down

Owl to Decide Empty Owl to Decide

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Marie-Laure had never owned a pet in her life. She just had never felt the need to own one but now her father had informed her that he'd learnt an owl would be very useful for her. She'd been rather sceptical about that and was still curious about where he got his information. Any questions she asked though were deflected and Marie-Laure was suspicious. He was hiding something from her and it wasn't the type of secret associated with a pleasant surprise like a gift either. Papa never kept secrets that weren't gifts. At least not until now.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and she looked up at Papa. "The owls are that way," he told her as he pointed toward an area of the shop where hooting was coming from. She knew her father was allowing her to have space so she could choose an owl without pressure. That was the way papa always did things. He'd accompany his daughter to a shop and give her space to make her decision.

The eleven year old moved down the aisles to where the owls were kept. An owl for a pet sounded very exotic to her and she found it strange to think they were used for mail delivery. Was that why her letter had no stamp? Did an owl somehow deliver it to their letter box for her Aunt Solange to pick up with the rest of the mail? So many questions swam through the girl's head as she looked at all the different owls on offer. She wrinkled her nose as she studied each one carefully. "How do you know which owl is the best one to use?" she asked any nearby person.

Back to top Go down

Owl to Decide Empty Re: Owl to Decide

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Amber had owned plenty of animals well not her but her parents had plenty at one point they had an owl as a pet to they ended up passing it down to her and telling her to keep it as it would help her with mail delivery in the future. Of course at the time Amber had no idea what they were talking about but she always trusted her parents and she knew hey would never tell her something that wouldn't be for filled later in life.

As Amber walked into the pet shop she was overcome with joy she loved animals and always had they shared a special place in her heart she knew that she would have yo get a pet seeing as how her parents had given her an owl she wouldn't need to buy one like the rest of the students seemed to be doing. She did however want a pygmy puff she thought they were just the cutest little things ever I mean who wouldn't want a pink or purple little fluff ball an they had the cutest little faces. She walked straight over to where the pygmy puffs were sitting in small cages the most they had was two to a cage. She particularly wanted a purple one purple and blue happened to be her favorite colors but as it was they didn't have a blue colored one sadly.

As she was walking she saw many people looking at owls so she thought she would go over and look at the owls and see if she could find one that was the same color as the one that she had she didn't think she would be asked questions so this one caught her completely off guard. "Well um I don't m parents gave me my owl and she's white with just a hint of black and she seems to be nice so I would recommend one of those." She said with a smile she really did love to help people so any chance she got she helped out the best she could. "Do you prefer owls over pygmy puffs or do you just need an owl?" She asked hoping not to be intruding at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:19 pm

Marie-Laure's brow wrinkled as the other girl described the owl her parents gave her. "White with a hint of black," she echoed. "Do you mean a Snowy Owl?" They were the only ones she could think of which would fit the description. "Hmm. I will take that into consideration." She glanced at the other owls which were on offer too. Which would be the best for sending the parcels Marie-Laure would expect her family to send her? The Snowy Owls did look like they were capable but so did the eagle owls.

The girl's question floored her and Marie-Laure blinked at the question. "Pygmy puffs? What are those?" Magic, ghosts and now pygmy puffs. She wasn't sure how many more surprises she could take and there was still that wand she had to buy. Papa had also mentioned goblins when he went to the bank to have his money exchange for the coins she had to use in these shops. "I do need an owl. Papa needs to be able to keep in contact with me and apparently the post doesn't deliver to Beauxbatons."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Amber felt rather stupid that she didn't really know the type of owl that hers was her parents never really told her what kind of owl it was they just told her that it would help her send letters back and forth or that it would come in handy. "Yeah that's what it is." she said kind of giggling feeling dumb for not already knowing.

"Yes a pygmy puff they don't send mail or anything they are basically a little ball of fur with a face they have legs but you can't see it threw all the fur they are so adorable and make great pets. Amber may not have known about the owl but she did know her facts about pygmy puffs she had always wanted one and never had the chance to get one so now since she was going to school she would get one. Though she wasn't sure if she could have two pets but she was going to try it anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Snowy owls did look pretty. Really really pretty but Marie-Laure still wasn't convinced by the girl's recommendation. "You should remember that it future," she said bluntly. "I think I might go for a different breed." Right now she was turn between two eagle owls which caught her eye. Marie-Laure stepped closer to the two of them.

Pygmy puffs sounded rather dull and from the girl's description almost like some of the stuffed toys her best friend owned. Fluffy toys with no legs. Though this animal apparently did have legs. They just couldn't be seen under all the fluff. "I think I will stick with the owl. They are more useful than these pygmy puffs you speak of." She glanced over at the owls again. "I'm going to get this one." The eagle owl had a look about him which suggested 'reliable' to the girl. She picked up the caged owl and studied him. "Yes. I do believe you would be the best owl to buy."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down