Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Lollipops & GummiDROPS!

Go down

Lollipops & GummiDROPS! Empty Lollipops & GummiDROPS!

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:41 am

Harry enjoyed candy. Candy was the thing that usually fueled her creativeness. The bliss of a sugar rush was just the thing to get her imagination going. She knew that there weren't many opportunities for candy at Beauxbatons, so she knew that now was the time to stock up. Her parents weren't rich, but they weren't poor either, so she and her twin were able to earn a bit of spending money for when they wanted something. So here she was, spending it on candy.

She filled up her bag with all sorts of goodies: chocolate, tarts, gumdrops, and her favorite, lollipops. Lollipops were the best and it was hard to catch her without one in her bag. Harry grinned as she finished stuffing her goodie bag with treats. She was just about to go when she turned and smacked right into another customer, sending her treats sprawling across the floor of the store. "Oh no! Sorry!" She exclaimed and knelt down to start picking up everything.

Last edited by Angharad Howell on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Lollipops & GummiDROPS! Empty Re: Lollipops & GummiDROPS!

Post by Isobel Green Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:06 am

Isobel didn't really care for candy. Well, she liked it some, but she'd rather eat a granola bar than a chocolate bar.

But this shop looked peculiar and Isobel was suddenly interested. She didn't plan on buying anything, though she could if she wanted. Her parents had overestimated the amount of money she needed (or maybe they did it on purpose), so she had plenty to do whatever she wanted around this area.

When Isobel walked in she wrinkled her nose. Not because of the candy, but because of a girl she saw there. A girl who was obviously her age who could possibly be competition. Or a friend. This called for further investigation.

So Isobel sort of followed her, but not really. She didn't want to talk to the girl yet. And she was still debating when the girl bumped into her, the candies she had in a little bag went flying everywhere.

"Watch it!" Isobel shouted. She sighed before crouching down to help the girl finish picking up her candy. "Be careful next time. You could have hurt me," she said, before tacking on, "Or yourself." Not that she cared much.
Isobel Green
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

Scorpio Posts : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:07 am

Harry raised an eyebrow at the girl. She had lashed out at her when she had bumped into her, but now was helping her pick up the items that she had dropped and said something about how she should be carful that she could've hurt either one of them in the midst of it all. She was about to say something when she caught herself. Now was not the time to make enemies , she should turn the situation into a good one.

Once all the candy was picked up, the two girls stood. "Thank you and sorry about that. Probably just nerves, it's going to be my frist year at Beauxbatons." She smiled and offered a hand. "I'm Angharad. Most people call me Anha, but my brother calls me Harry." She said, explaining her odd name. She often found herself receiving odd looks when she tried to explain her name to people. It was pretty Welsh, and there was some times when she just wished that it could have been changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Isobel wanted to roll her eyes, but she didn't. "Why are you nervous?" Isobel asked. "It's just a school.."

Isobel had been crying about leaving home earlier, but the more time she spent away from her family, the less homesick she was becoming. She was feeling oddly confident away from her family. She was responsible for herself. And she could technically do whatever she wanted. Too bad she didn't want to do anything.

Isobel looked at the girl's extended hand. She wasn't going to shake it. And she also didn't care about the girl's name. "Isobel," she said. "It's a pleasure." Yeah, for you, she thought.
Isobel Green
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:27 pm

Angharad raised an eyebrow and slowly withdrew her hand when the girl didn't accept it. She was a little surprised at the behaviour of the other girl, most people had been nice and outgoing, but she seemed a little too annoyed. "Well then umm." She said awkwardly and looked at the bag of candy that she had in her hand. All of it had been individually wrapped, so she wasn't worried about it being contaminated by the dirty ground.

When the girl had asked about why she was nervous, she shrugged. "I don't know, I don't usually get nervous over most things. When something is new, it's a new adventure." She explained and smiled despite the girls coldness. "So I'm guessing you're attending Beauxbatons as well then?" She inquired and raised an eyebrow curiously. She figured maybe if she flipped the conversation to be about Isobel, then maybe they be able to make friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:23 pm

She wasn't going to smile back. Isobel wasn't in a smiling mood. Sure, the girl didn't mean to bump into her. But it left a bad impression anyway.

"Yes. I'm going, too. Both of my brothers went, so it isn't anything new to me," Isobel answered, trying to stop the snippiness. It still sounded like she was being a smart ass, though.

She wasn't going to add that Ryan had already graduated. It wasn't a necessary fact at the moment. That also led into a 'why are you so much younger than him?' thing.

And on top of that, it was none of anyone's business.

"Where did you hear about the school?" Isobel asked. She didn't really care, but she had time to kill.
Isobel Green
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:41 pm

Angharad's smiled faded a bit, but she could tell that the girl was lightening up a bit by asking questions in return and being more engaged in the conversation than she was initially. This made her feel a little bit better about everything. Maybe there was a chance that the two could become friends. She figured that she at least had to try.

Angharad nodded along with the words that the girl was saying. She couldn't really relate by having an older sibling go to Beauxbatons, but she and her brother were twins so they were coming in on the same year. "How did I hear about it?" She repeated, trying to recall the information. "Hmm, my father attended school here I believe so my brother and I thought that it only fitting that we both attend here as well. Well if we were accepted, which we were." She gave a short laugh and moved her hair out of her eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Isobel tried her best to look interested, and was doing a decent job of it. She pushed her hair back reflexively. Seeing someone else do it had that effect on her.

"I don't remember actually applying. I feel like it was decided for me," she said, showing off a little. It was true. Her mother asked her like, three questions, and that was about it for her part on the application. "My parents went to Beauxbatons, too. Do you know what house your father was in? Did he play Quidditch or anything special?"

Isobel was suddenly interested in this girl. Anyone who could tell her about the school could possibly be worth talking to. But possibly was used very loosely in Isobel's mind.
Isobel Green
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:16 pm

Angharad listened carefully to the girl as she spoke about applying. Isobel didn't seem to have any trouble with any of the process of coming to Beauxbatons, whereas Anha was bumping into people and spilling all of her things everywhere. She nodded along at the appropriate times in the conversation until Isobel asked about her father.

Angharad had mentioned that he had attended Beauxbatons as well, but that seemed to be the thing that caught Isobel's attention. Thankfully, in the midst of excitement Angharad as asked her father millions of questions about Beauxbatons and what it was like for him when he had attended. "Well," She started. "He was in Montgnard House and yes, I believe her was in Quidditch as well." She spoke with enthusiasm. "He was their keeper all 7 years."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum