Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Just A Splash Of Blue

Go down

Just A Splash Of Blue Empty Just A Splash Of Blue

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Harry had always been an adventurous girl, she loved the outdoors and playing pretend with her brother. Though her antics were fun, they often got her into trouble. When her parents would have dinner parties she could hear the adults saying how she'd get herself into some serious trouble one day if she didn't calm down. This cause her to try to be quiet and calm like her brother. She tried reading and music with no luck. Though through her discovers she found that she liked painting.

Painting was a way for her to escape. She was able to live out the adventures through the painting on paper and create something special. So here she was, painting in the pub, waiting for her brother to finish getting his wand. She figured that when he got his wand that it should be something special, so she had decided to wait.

Back to top Go down

Just A Splash Of Blue Empty Re: Just A Splash Of Blue

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Birdie had spent a lot of his time shopping around for the things he needed. Today, he didn't have his parents with him and he only had a few more things left on his list. One of those things being his wand. He wanted to get that by himself, without his parents. It would be a special moment, he assumed. But he had done a lot of his shopping with them the day before. He had urged them to go sight seeing while he was shopping. If he hadn't, he knew that they would be waiting in their hotel room until he got back. Shopping could take all day and they wouldn't have done anything. He made sure that they had left before he left. He didn't know what they were doing now, but he hoped they were having a good time. They deserved it.

Before the eleven year old did his shopping, he decided to get a drink. Hot chocolate was always nice. So, he ordered himself just that and went to look for a table to enjoy the steaming beverage. From the corner of his eye, he saw something that made him do a double take. He had seen many strange things in this pub, but he had never seen someone painting. It wasn't strange to paint, but you didn't just paint a picture inside a pub where there were so many people with foods and drinks of all sorts. It was kind of cool to not be doing what everyone else was doing.

He carefully walked over to the girl and smiled. "Hello," he said. Bird now had a closer look at the picture and he thought it was pretty. "Whatcha painting?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Angharad had let the colors of blue, gray, black, and white all swirl into a pattern like the sea. She had been caught up in a fantasy of a fierce storm rocking the ship back and forth. Bouncing it around on it's unforgiving waters. She smiled proudly at the design and dipped her paintbrush into the cup of water she had beside her and started for her brown paint, when she suddenly heard a voice behind her.

She jumped a little in surprise and then smiled back. "Oh, this?" She asked. "A ship on the high seas, it's battling a fierce storm. It wants to find land, but it's seeming impossible for all of the crew members, they are just trying to fight for their lives by keeping the ship a float." she said as if she was telling a story, but in her mind. She was. "I'm Angharad." She said and grinned. "Anha for short."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:43 pm

When the girl explained the painting, Bird couldn't help but know the feeling. He had fought many storms and managed to stay afloat. He couldn't let any negativity get to him, he was going to stay afloat for a very long time. People's ignorance was something he could handle, most of the time. "It's pretty," he finally said. He wouldn't go into detail about any of it though, she didn't need to know about the feelings he had. The eleven year old fought a battle that seemed too big for someone as small as him, but he managed to do it with his small team. "You're good."

"Birdie," the young boy grinned. He liked his name, he picked it himself. And he believed that it fit him perfectly. He believed he was like a bird about to take flight or was already in flight. "You gonna be a first year too?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:09 pm

The young girl smiled at him as he complimented her painting and her skill. She was proud of her skills, but not so proud that she came across as conceited. She looked back and moved her hair. "Birdie." She repeated. "I like that." She complimented. It was different. She knew what it was like to have a different name. Angharad was more formal, but she still liked it. "lt's different." She said thoughtfully.

Angharad nodded as he asked about her being a first year as well. "Yes, I'm very excited, my brother and I both are attending this year." She explained and then realised that the boy had been standing for a while. "Would you like to sit down?" She asked politely with a small smile. She barely knew Bird, but it seemed nice, and he seemed nice, so she figured that maybe they would have a chance at being friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:47 pm

"I rather be called Bird though," he grinned. Though he had chosen his owm name, he preferred the nickname. His parents called him Bird and he wanted friends to call him it too, if he had friends. "Well, I'm different. A different name for a different boy." The eleven year old began to bite on his index fingernail. He was surprised that the girl hadn't asked anything about his gender when everyone else assumed he was a girl. "Names can say a lot about a person."

It was nice to know that he was attending school with someone he would already know. And she seemed like a sweet girl. "You're a twin?" Oh how he would have loved to have a sibling. But he was an only child and his childhood was very lonely. "Oh, um, I'm okay."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Angharad nodded and gave the boy a small smile "Yes, my brother is over at the wand shop. I figured it might take a while, so I decided to wait here." She explained and gave a smile.

As the boy spoke, she still hadn't caught on that the girl was actually a boy, until he had said something. She was little caught off guard, but nodded. There was no reason to judge anyone. However the idea of it confused her. "That's really cool actually." She spoke carefully as to not offend him. "I'm sure I completely understand though. Could you explain it to me, if you don't mind?" She said with a reassuring smile that she wasn't there to make fun of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:54 pm

Bird was a bit surprised that she had caught on to what he was implying. Not because he thought she was stupid but because not many people picked up on things. He didn't know she actually understood what he was saying but she wanted to know more. What was there to say? He was a boy trapped in a girl's body due to lack of money for the surgery that would finally make him the boy he knew he was. No one would understand that, no one would understand his feelings. How it felt to be him and how it felt to be trapped like he was. He didn't want to be this way, he wanted to be who he knew he was. "Not much to say," he finally said.

He sat down anyways and then took a sip of his drink. "Just call me Bird," he said softly. "That's it. Nothing else to say."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:37 am

Angharad saw the expression on the boy's switch. It was a personal question and she hadn't meant to pry. She didn't understand how he felt. She couldn't image that many people did. She gave a nod and looked back down at her painting and then back up at Bird and gave a sweet nod. "Bird it is." She said and smiled and decided to change the conversation away from the awkward one that had just taken place. "So are you excited to be attending Beauxbatons?" She questioned. "Did you're parents attend school there?" Most of the people she had met had talked about a sibling or parents attending school prior to them, but Bird hadn't mentioned anything about it quite yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:04 pm

He was glad that she hadn't asked anymore questions. Not that he didn't want to talk to her, there were just certain things he didn't want to talk about. And this was one of the things. At least he didn't want to talk about it now. He had just met the girl and they were no where close to being good friends yet. He would only tell her things when they got to know each other better and that could take some time. It could take years for Bird to open up about his feelings, he didn't often do it. Hardly anyone understood and it was difficult to show emotions when no one else understood him. Understood what he was going through. "Thanks," he said softly.

Bird shrugged. "I guess I'm excited," he began. He didn't really know anything about magic or the school in general. He had heard a few things from a girl he had met the other day. She was friendly and was eager to share details with him. "My parents are what witches and wizards call muggles."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Angharad nodded and gave a small smile. Her father had attended Beauxbatons and therefore, she'd grown up with magic in the house for most of her life. She didn't necessarily understand Bird's problem, she was sure that many people didn't and if they did, they were judgemental, but she did understand the judgemental ness. Most of her life she'd been compared to Rhys. He was reserved, quiet, and though she was able to rope him in a couple of things, he was always labelled as the good twin.

Sadly, this left her with the title of the bad twin. Not that Anha was bad, but she was definitely more adventurous and rowdy than her brother. This often left a bad impression on people when she met them (her father's friends). Often when she was sent to bed with Rhys she'd hear them comment on what a grown up her brother acted like and how her ambition needed to be calm like his.

She wished that people wouldn't compare her to her brother all of the time. She liked having a sibling, but it was frustrating some of the time. Nodding, as Bird mentioned that his parents were muggles, she started to speak, "My mother is as well, so my brother and I are half-bloods." She smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum