Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Boyhunter

Go down

Boyhunter Empty Boyhunter

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Mabel was taking a gamble here, she wasn't entirely sure if Fane was working at the moment. If he wasn't then she'd still drink and have some fun. After she graduated, Ezra decided it was time to break up and go their own ways. This left Mabel in total shock and she turned to alcohol for support. Sure, she didn't love him but she really liked him. That was enough to send her into a small downward spiral. It was like the liquid cooled her and made her feel alive. She didn't get too crazy though, she knew when to quit

She walked into the pub and did a quick check to see if Fane was there. He wasn't. But that didn't mean she'd just leave. Instead, she took a seat at the bar and ordered herself a drink. She chugged the first one down then ordered another. After about three drinks in, she was already starting to feel the drinks kick in. She picked up her drink and stood up from her seat, it was now time to get her groove on.

Just as she turned, her eyes landed on a familiar face. She set her drink down as carefully as her drunken state would allow her. "Fane!" She tried her best not to trip over anything as she made her way other to her friend. She wrapped her arms around his neck and grinned widely. "Hi," she kissed him sloppily.

Back to top Go down

Boyhunter Empty Re: Boyhunter

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Fane's working schedule had been switched to later, which was irksome to him, for he usually had late night plans for after work, which he now had to dispose of. He now slept in later, which made his days off all amuck, but at least he was making decent money doing something he didn't mind.

Fane had returned from getting an ice cream with Alice and quickly returned to his apartment to change. He still really fancied Alice, but she was only down to fooling around every now and then. Not nearly satisfying enough for him. No matter. There were plenty of pretty faces in Paris he had yet to meet.

He swapped his plaid shirt for a black button down and then headed out to the pub. He sighed before entering, unhappy with the crowd of already very drunk people and was surprised when he stumbled into a familiar face. "Mabel?" He had nearly forgotten she had graduated last year. Time seemed to be irrelevant to him at that point. She pounced onto him and, much to his surprise, kissed him wetly. Fane was too shocked to kiss back, but tasted the alcohol on her lips. She must've been there for awhile already. "Hi?" He uttered, very confused. "You're into kissing me again?" He shook his head then. "Mabel, I don't know what you are up to, but I've got to work."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:01 pm

She was too drunk to notice that he hadn't kissed her back. She pulled her face from his and giggled loudly. "At first I c-came to talk, but you weren't here," she explained. She was bit disappointed that he had to go work but he let go of him anyways. "We can still talk though, right?" She grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze. "Please?" All she wanted to do was talk

"Ezra dumped me. Can you believe it? Me? He dumped me! I thought for sure I would be the one to dump him." It had been a while since it happened but it still made her feel terrible. But she didn't want to talk about that with him, she had more important things to talk about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Mabel was giggling and this alarmed Fane. He had seen her smile before, laugh before, but giggle? That was new to him. He didn't know how he felt about this, but allowed her to take his hand and lead her back to the bar as he readied himself for work. "yeah sure we can talk as long as it doesn't interfere with me serving other people, alright?" He told her before pulling out a stool for her to sit on and then headed to get behind the bar.

He was accustomed to drunk people by now and particularly drunk people who got that way because they drank away their feelings after a breakup. A breakup which he often heard about in detail through slurred words and poorly executed stories. Sometimes it was funny as hell. Other times it was creepy when they wanted his number. Fane might've been known to be sleazy but he wasn't about to hook up with drunk criers. However it felt surreal to him to have Mabel being one of those recent dumpees on the other side of the bar.

"Can I get you anything?" He asked, wondering if he should even allow her to have anymore alcohol after the way she had been behaving thus far. "Honestly, you should've beat him to the punch then." He replied, filling up a pair of mugs with beer and sliding it down to a man who was with a girl. "Why did you wait so long anyway?" He inquired. And more importantly, why was she so crushed about it now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:26 pm

She sat on the stool without falling over or hurting herself, which was a good thing. "I promise to not get in your way," she slurred. Even in her drunken state she knew that if she distracted him too much, he'd get into trouble with his boss. "I had a drink already, but I set it down. God knows what happened to it or what was put into it." You cannot set down a drink and leave it then drink out of it, something could have happened to it. "I think I want a water."

"It wasn't like I didn't like him, I did. I just didn't think it was going to end so quickly," she admitted. She refused to cry about it, it wasn't worth her tears. "But me being dumped? Have you not seen how hot I am? How could someone dump me?" Sne was more upset over the fact that she had been dumped than the fact that there was no more Ezra. "I really don't get it, I'm super attractive."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Fane rose both eyebrows as Mabel mentioned a drink she had before. He had learned quickly enough that an abandoned drink often meant trouble for those who went back to it and there was no way he was going to let a friend fall into a trap like that. "Yeah, I'm going to get you a new one," He interjected and just when he was about to mix her up one of his specialties, she asked for water. "Excellent choice," He uttered, relieved for once by her request and quickly filled a glass with water and slide it towards her.

He could tell this one was going to be a long night. He had some guy hankering down on a girl who clearly didn't want anything to do with him on one side and Mabel, drunk after her first break up and trying to figure out how anything had gone wrong. "Oi mate! Give it a rest! She's clearly not interested!" Fane yelled at the man who looked offended, but eventually turned away, muttering beneath his breath. The girl seemed thankful and gave him a perfect smile which Fane returned with one of his crooked grins. "Don't mention it. It's part of my job," He replied, eyeing her up a bit. Though he wouldn't say no to her giving him her number.

"I don't know, Mabel, maybe your personality was a bit much for him," Fane answered, heaving a sigh as Mabel's chatter had driven off the pretty girl before he could even get her name. "You have only mentioned you're hot like three times. Maybe he found you a bit superficial," Fane offered, feeling a headache ensue. He did think Mabel was hot, but there was something incredibly unattractive about a hot girl constantly mentioning the way she thought she was hot. A girl like that was the type of girl Fane would sleep with once and then never call because he knew having a relationship with her would be boring and pointless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:57 am

She took a sip of the water and was beginning to feel better. She was feeling less dehydrated. Her finger trailed along the top of the glass. Around and around. She couldn't believe that she was making such a scene about some guy. That wasn't the Mabel way. It was probably all the alcohol talking and not herself. She took another drink from her glass until it was almost empty. The water was way better than the drinks she had been consuming. She wished she hadn't drank so much.

"I guess," she said softly. She wouldn't be surprised if she was being incredibly annoying. "I hadn't meant to drink so much, one drink lead to another and another." She felt bad for even coming in the first place. But she had really wanted to see Fane and just talk but now she was just making a fool out of herself. "I just wanted to talk," she admitted. She wasn't sure what else to say or do. She ran a hand through her now tangled hair, she stopped after not being able to get a knot out. "So," she paused. "How are things?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum