Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

He's Not Sonic

Go down

He's Not Sonic Empty He's Not Sonic

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:24 pm

After promising his father that he would take care of an animal, Bryn let his son enter the pet shop. He knew that his son would take good care of his pet so he gave his son some money and told him he'd be right back. Jude didn't need his father to help him make a decision, he could find the perfect pet for him all on his own. He pulled the list of supplies he needed from his pocket and unfoldex it. On the list told what kind of pets the students were allowed to bring with them to Beauxbatons. He had always wanted a dog but sadly they were not on the list.

Owls were boring, so were cats. He wanted something that he could cuddle with but also wouldn't be lazy and lay around all day. Jude laid eyes on a beautiful brown hedgehog and knew it was for him. He turned to the perskn beside him and spoke up, "Know any good names for a hedgehog?"

Back to top Go down

He's Not Sonic Empty Re: He's Not Sonic

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Daniel’s parents already had an owl, so he wanted to get something more unique. His parents let him go into the shop by himself and they set off to get more shopping done. Daniel wandered the shop, going over the list of pets allowed at the school. He wasn’t much of a cat person so that was out. Rats were creepy and his mother would have a heart attack if he brought a rodent home. Toads were weird and he didn’t want to be the weird toad kid. He shuddered at the thought.

Daniel wandered over to some hedgehogs and a bloke beside him asked him about good names for the animal. “Uh…” The only hedgehog he could think of was Sonic from the Sega games. The kid probably didn’t want that for a name. “Not off the top of my head, no. Sorry about that.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:57 pm

He just couldn't think of a good name for his new pet. He didn't want to be generic and name him Sonic. The boy beside him wasn't much help either. But Jude couldn't blame him, he did put him on the spot. "It's fine, I didn't mean to put you on the spot." He grinned at the boy and held out his hand. "Hi, I'm Jude Ross," he said in his thick Irish accent. "I usually don't bite," he joked.

After a pause Jude spoke up again, "Do you need any help finding a pet? If you do, I can help." And while he was helping, he could also think of a name from his new pet. He had been to the candy shop earlier and had put some candy in his pockets after paying. He pulled out a sucker and unwrapped it. "I'm good at helping," he said before sticking it into his mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:27 am

Daniel grinned and shrugged. “No worries, I’m very creative with naming things.” So many embarrassing stuffed animals named ‘Brown Bear’. He shook the boy’s hand and smiled. “Nice to meet you, Jude Ross. I’m Daniel Eaton.” He chuckled softly. “Guess it’s a good thing I’ve had all my shots.”

“Yeah, actually I do.” He nodded. “That’d be great thanks.” Daniel smiled appreciatively. Hopefully Jude would be able to help him pick out a pet and then the two of them could help each other with naming their new pets. “Then it’s my lucky day.” He teased, smiling at the boy. “What made you choose a hedgehog? I mean they’re pretty cool, but they’re not the usual pet for Beauxbatons, right?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Good thing the other boy joked around like he did. If he didn't then it would have been very awkward. "Its very nice to meet you, Daniel Eaton," he grinned, he used his full name like he did to him. He hoped that they could and would become friends.

"I like helping people so its no problem at all," he said. "I thought he looked cool and I knew that he wasn't a usual pet which made him even better. I guess he just popped out whem others didn't." No other animal had caught the eleven year old's eye, so the decision was quite easy.

"In order to know which animal you should get, we should go over the animals you don't want. What are you not looking for?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:10 pm

Daniel chuckled and ran a hand through his hair, smiling at the other boy. His two best friends were girls. So it’d be nice to become friends with a boy.

He nodded. Jude seemed so nice, he hoped they could become friends. “That’s a good enough reason to get a pet, for their awesome aesthetics.” He grinned slightly, then wondered if his own pet would jump out at him like it did for Jude. Hopefully not in the literal sense.

“I’m not looking for an owl, cat, toad, or rodent.” He listed off the animals then went over it again. He nodded. Yeah, those were the pets he didn’t want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:46 pm

There were some animals that students weren't allowed to have. With the animals that Daniel didn't want, that narrowed the list down quite a bit. "Well, I'm here to help you find the pet of your dreams," he said while trying to imitate an annoucer. His father was could at impressions, he liked when he did funny voices.

He put his arm around the other boy's shoulders and guided him over to the rabbits. "Anything catching your eye? There's not much students can get, but I'm sure we can find your perfect pet. Does a rabbit tickle your fancy?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Daniel realized that he may have way too many specifics for his future pet, but oh well. He chuckled at the boy’s announcer voice. It was a pretty accurate imitation of their voice. “The pet of my dreams?” He grinned, laughing softly. He let Jude lead him off to the rabbits. He knew he didn’t want one of those. “Hmm… I don’t think a rabbit is tickling my fancy.” He admitted. Now he was just being a pain. He looked over at the ferrets. Daniel will admit that one of them caught his eye. “Hey, Jude?” (Beatles song pun not intended). He motioned to a tan ferret with some black accents on the fur. “I think I found the pet I want.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:47 am

There were plenty of pets to choose from so it didn't bother Jude when the boy said that a rabbit wasn't the pet for him. He wasn't going to force him into liking a pet that clearly wasn't for him. He raised an eyebrow when his name was called. "Huh?" He turned towards the boy then looked to where he was motioning to. A cute little ferret. How could Jude pass the ferrets up?

"What a cutie," he grinned. He walked towards the cages. "Why hello there," he said in a voice that someone would use while talking to a baby. "I think you have a new owner." He stepped out of the way so Daniel could get a better look at his new pet. "I'm always bad at guessing their gender. What do you think it is?" He totally didn't see the card on the cage that told the type of animal and its gender. He was in too much of a hurry to look at it, plus he wasn't a big fan of reading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Daniel grinned when his new friend approved of his animal choice. He chuckled when he spoke to the ferret like she was a child or a baby. The ferrets definitely had a new owner. Daniel was so excited to have a pet of his own.

He stepped closer to look at her. She was adorable and from the card on the cage, she was a fairly young one too. “Well..” He pointed to the card. “It says she’s a female.” He chuckled softly. Now he needed to think of a name for her. Oh, god he was bad at naming things… “So, I’m gonna ask you the same question you asked me.” Daniel grinned slightly. “Know any good names for a ferret?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:13 pm

"Oh," was all the boy could say when the other boy pointed out the card that had the ferret's information. "I'm not much of a reader," he shrugged. That wasn't a good thing since he was going to school and you'd have to read at school. He already knew he wasn't going to be the best student, he might even be the worst. But he'd try his best.

"A good name for a ferret," Jude repeated. Hmm...wht was a good name for a ferret? A female ferret? "Sammy? Angel? Ariel? Elsa?" He couldn't think of anything better. "That's the best I can do," he admitted. He was a bit disappointed that he couldn't help any further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum