Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

What a Classic

Go down

What a Classic Empty What a Classic

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:45 am

Fiona had a prefect badge. She'd in fact had one for a year but had not sobered in the way her parents had hoped she would in being handed that extra responsibility. It hadn't kept her from getting a detention for playing a prank on a first year or from making up rules that first years were supposedly breaking. This year, at the sober age of sixteen, she'd thought to act much more maturely. Really shake people up.

Her time of acting maturely however was once the school year began. It was still summer and thus she had what she had the perfect idea for a prank. Just a little fun. Nothing serious and so old that the other person was bound to get it and get all upset with her. That was part of the plan and she had a second part to put into play if all went to plan. There were the back up plans (winging it basically).

She stepped aside and waited for her opportunity. Then closed in on a harassed waiter with a glass of one liquid or another. What it was didn't matter. "I'll get that to the customer," she said helpfully. "Just point them out and they'll get it." When they handed it over and pointed out the table Fiona nodded, pleased with how well it already was working.

Time for the next phase. One extra icecube and she picked up the drink and her own glass to head for her target. "Hi. Here's your drink. I was coming over this way anyway so I offered bring it over for you." She placed the drink in front of the customer and her own glass on the table before she suddenly blurted out. "Stop! Don't drink that!" Fiona pointed to the ice-cube with the fly in the middle of it.

Back to top Go down

What a Classic Empty Re: What a Classic

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:56 am

Jeremy had always been an adventurous kid, and ever since he had laid eyes on Beauxbatons, it was his utopia. He was marveled at the rustic shops that contained flying brooms and wands that sparkled with magic. It was impossible for him to not stare, but at the same time, he had no idea what to do. The letter he had received contained a list of items he needed for the school, but he had no idea where to start looking for them. There was a stream of people steadily flowing into La Petit Dragon so he decided to check it out. It had turned out to be a restaurant of sorts, but most of the drinks on the menu he had never heard of. He decided to play it safe and order a pumpkin juice.

He didn't have to wait long, but when he lifted it take a drink, he was too busy inspecting the supplies list to notice a fly suspended in one of his ice-cubes. Thankfully, someone warned him of the insect in his drink. "Oh, thank you." He said, noticing how close he was to drinking the fly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:40 pm

Fiona was a little disappointed with the reaction. He appeared to be distracted. Well it was onto the next plan. "Here. Have mine. It's butterbeer but it doesn't have a fly in it and it hasn't been touched." She pushed the glass toward him and picked up his pumpkin juice. There was no need to waste a perfectly good drink. Fiona had been really looking forward to that butterbeer but she was flexible.

She looked at the fly in amongst the ice-cubes. Fake fly. Despite being the one who put it in there Fiona had to remind herself of that fact before she put the glass to her lips and then drank some of the juice. The fly, of course, was still there encased in its ice-cube. An ice-cube as fake as the fly. "That was rather delicious," she remarked and smiled at the boy. "How's the butterbeer?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:19 pm

Jeremy glanced at the butterscotch coloured drink unsurely. Everyone around him seemed to enjoy it, so he took a careful drink from the cool glass. It was the best drink he'd ever tasted and forced himself to not gulp it down. When he set the glass down, he watched the girl take a gulp of his pumpkin juice with the ice-cube still lingering in the liquid. He raised an inquisitive eyebrow and reminded her, "You know the fly is still in there right? And the drink is great thank you."

Drinking the fly didn't bother him, he had once read a study that the average human eats approximately twelve bugs per year, so the consumption of the bug hadn't fazed him. He was slightly worried that the girl would panic if she remembered that the fly was still in the drink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:26 pm

"Is it?" Fiona asked with a raised eyebrow and then looked into the drink. "Oh so it is. Well there's one way to fix that problem." And she placed the drink back down on the table and dipped her fingers in. "There." She held up the ice-cube. "One...That's odd. It isn't cold like an ice-cube should be."

She put the ice-cube down on the table. "I wondered how that fly got in there. We've been had." Well she hadn't been but Fiona was having a really hard time with this prank not going at all the way she wanted. Owning up was not an option since she doubted even that would get a reaction out of this kid. She should have worn her prefect badge instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:54 pm

He watched as he carefully extracted the insect from her drink and inspected it."How odd indeed," Jeremy remarked, his eyebrows raised. It was a well known fact that at every school there would always be a prankster, possible even multiple of them, depending on the size. He just had expected for them to find him as a target for their amusement. As soon as the lady confirmed his suspicions of the ice-cube being a practical joke, he sighed. He picked up the fake frozen bug and rubbed it between his fingers.

"That's a relief. It would have been horrible if I had wasted my money on a contaminated drink," he said. The person who put the false ice-cube in his drink must've been nearby to find a reaction out of him, and Jeremy wanted to see if he could provoke a reaction out of the trickster. It could've been anyone. Even the girl in front of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:52 am

"Yes it would," Fiona nodded in agreement. If the boy guessed it was her he wasn't saying anything. Not yet. In a way it was a shame. On the other hand that might make things a little bit easier for her when on patrol.

"Now a word of advice for you. Beware the hallways. You never know what's around the corner." She finally sat and sipped at the pumpkin juice before continuing on. "Like me for instance. Or any other prefect. There are severe punishments for rule breakers." She nodded her head knowingly. "I've had to face a few of those." There had to be some truth mixed in with her story. Very tiny of course. "I can't tell you what exactly but I can give a hint. Sometimes it may involve Cornish Pixies." She tapped the side of her nose and nodded before sipping the pumpkin juice again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum