Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

First Years and Butterbeers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Years and Butterbeers

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:14 pm

Hayden sat at a booth all excited. (His mother was a few booths down.) He was going to finally meet Melanie. He'd started emailing her when he was six because of a program he did over the summer on foreign countries. He'd ended up learning the most about Scotland and his mom knew a friend of Melanie's mom and next thing Hayden knew, he had a pen pal. He was so glad his mother had done that. It gave Hayden a real friend without having to deal with all the fame and other stuff that he normally did. Melanie liked him because he was Hayden he thought, not because he was the son of his parents. He heard the door jingle and he stretched his lips into a smile. This had to be Melanie he decided as he saw the girl. "Hey! Melanie! It's me! Hayden!"

Back to top Go down

Re: First Years and Butterbeers

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:39 pm

Melanie was so excited. She read the last email that Hayden had sent at least thirty times. She couldn’t believe that they were finally going to meet. Ah, it was just so exciting. Melanie remembered the first time she got a letter from him. They had connected quite quickly too and now he was her best friend in the whole world. She didn’t even know what quidditch was, so obviously she had know idea about how his parents were famous. Melanie couldn’t take it anymore, she ran to the restaurant and swung the door open. Her grin widened and she ran over to him. “Hayden!” She couldn’t help it and threw her arms around him. This was real and she was so happy. Her mother finally caught up and found Hayden’s mother then sat with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Hayden smiled as all of a sudden a pair of arms were tightly around him. He wrapped his arms back around her and smiled brightly. "Finally, I get to meet you." He chuckled softly. "I've wanted to for so very very long." He hugged her closer. "We have to go shopping together. We just have to, okay?" Hayden was so excited. Melanie was real and she was really here and she was his best friend and they were going to go on tons of adventures together and life was good. He had her sat down and smiled widely. "You have to try butterbeer it is the best drink in the world."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Melanie was giggling like crazy. She couldn’t help it. After waiting for so long to meet him, she got to and it was even better than she had imagined. “I know! I’ve been looking forward to this since I got your email.” She admitted sheepishly. “I’m going to need your help anyways, Mum and I have no idea what we’re doing. But, apparently my great, great, great, great grandmother was a witch, which is why I am too.” She grinned brightly. “A butter beer? But we’re only eleven! We can’t have beer.” Her eyes widened slightly. The wizarding world was...different...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Hayden chuckled out loud and smiled. "Butter beer doesn't have alcohol in it, Melanie." He smiled. "It's sweet. Like root beer if it was made with butterscotch. It is the absolute best in the world." He assured her. "Kids and adults drink it, it is the staple of the wizarding world. I have tons and tons of it at my house. It's the only thing I go to when I want a sweet kick." He sighed happily. Hayden chuckled and took her hands, rubbing his thumb across her knuckles. "I'll order you one. You'll want a cold one right? I would assume you would."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:14 pm

“What?” She looked at him confused and now looked down embarrassedly. “Oh…” She nodded slowly. “That sounds like it’s delicious.” She smiled at him and squeezed his hands gently. It was so nice to actually have him sitting in front of her. Now that they had finally met each other, Melanie wondered if they’d be able to see each other during the summers. She hoped that was the case. “What other kind is there?” She asked confused. Melanie had so much to learn about the wizarding world. She chewed on her lip. Hayden didn’t seem to mind that she was oblivious to all of this stuff. That she was thankful for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 12, 2014 5:10 pm

"In the winter a lot of places serve it warm with cookies or another pastry. It's absolutely delicious. They probably don't even serve it war here in the summer here." Hayden explained animatedly. "I wish that it could just be winter already because I love the winter so much. Especially in New England. All the snow looks awesome on the trees looks amazing and La Salette in North Attleboro in the winter is so cool too. It's this religious complex but they do these insane light displays that are the best around. It's awesome to walk through with a cup of hot chocolate and some good friends or family."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 12, 2014 5:59 pm

Melanie sighed thinking about all of the delicious foods Hayden was describing. It all sounded so wonderful. She grinned watching him get excited while he spoke of his home. “That sounds like so much fun.” She nodded. “Maybe, during Christmas time I could come and visit?” She asked. “I mean I don’t have to.” Melanie added the last bit because she didn’t want to make it seem like she was inviting herself over. That would be very rude indeed. Or Hayden could come to her house and meet her sisters and father. She decided that it’d be fun no matter who ended up visiting who.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 17, 2014 12:27 am

"I'd love for you to come visit!" Hayden said eagerly. "It would be so much fun. We could exchange Christmas presents and sit by the fire and drink hot chocolate while cuddling and we could watch Christmas movies and sing along to various carols and just have the most fun ever." Hayden tapped his foot excitedly. "It's just my mum and I like you know so we have plenty of room for you to come visit. We have a nice big guest room with your own shower and everything. It's sweet. And speaking of sweet we could get candy canes too. Or we could get peppermint bark or those little candies you get at restaurants that are peppermint."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 17, 2014 12:41 am

Melanie’s smile grew wider each time Hayden explained something new about her coming to visit. It just sounded so wonderful. She had few close friends like this at home. She never had someone to exchange personal Christmas presents with. But now she did! “I’d love to do all of that! It’ll be so much fun.” She nodded excitedly. “My own guest room? And it has it’s own bathroom? Wow! That’s crazy!” She grinned, nodding some more. “I love those peppermint candies, they’re the best!” She chewed on her lip. “We could alternate who visits who and you could come visit me. You wouldn’t get to stay in a guest room… we don’t have one of those. But I’d let you have my bed and I’ll sleep in my sisters’ room.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 17, 2014 12:48 am

"Alright! That sounds like it'd be really fun too." Well basically anything with Melanie sounded like some fun foreign odyssey that Hayden didn't really understand. How did someone behave in Scotland? Was it the same as England? Was it better to be less cocky than if you were in England when you were there or would it be better to be more cocky there? Was there going to be a whole mountain of people? No probably not, but these were all questions churning inside of Hayden's active brain. What was Wales? Was it as big as Scotland? Did as many Scots live in Wales as Welsh did in Scotland? Why not just merge Scotland and Wales into Walesland?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 17, 2014 12:58 am

“Really?” Melanie sounded surprised. She didn’t think it would be as fun as staying in your own guest room with a bathroom. Instead he’d have to deal with her crazy sisters and three girls sharing a bathroom. Plus her embarrassing mum and dad… Maybe Hayden visiting was a bad idea. She could only imagine what would happen. Her sisters would probably tease her like crazy. Her mother would break out the baby photos and her father would tell embarrassing story after story from Melanie’s childhood. Oh god. That’d be scarring for both Hayden and Melanie. She probably had some horrified expression on her face from just picturing that all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 17, 2014 1:06 am

"Are you okay Melanie?" Hayden asked curiously. Hayden hadn't ever had a real sentimental family. His mom kind of held onto some things, but he didn't have any photos of him with his dad as a baby in the house at all. They were just about all either with someone on his mom's side of the family, his mom, or one of his mom's friends. Not that Hayden could complain. He didn't really like his father that much. He didn't like how with his father how everything was about his career and his successes. He didn't really have much interest in how Hayden was doing as long as he could talk up himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 17, 2014 1:14 am

Melanie was definitely imagining the worst now. She looked up hearing Hayden’s voice. “What? Oh, yes, yes I’m fine.” She smiled. Now, Melanie may complain and groan about her overly embarrassing family. But she loved them dearly. The twins were menaces, but they were also her baby sisters and her best friends. Her parents did the occasional ‘We’re-Going-To-Humiliate-You-In-Front-Of-Friends’, but again, it was only because they loved her so much. She knew she was lucky to have the family she had Melanie wouldn’t dare trade them for anything else. “I’m going to warn you ahead of time…my family is extremely embarrassing, Hayden.” She said with a soft giggle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 17, 2014 1:18 am

"Well at least your family is all together." Hayden wasn't trying to play any kind of sympathy card. He wholeheartedly meant that at least Melanie had a family that loved each other so much that they could have moments that a lot of other families could never have. Like his own family. Hayden subconsciously looked at his mom and sighed. He wondered how she was able to straddle playing professional quidditch, being a mom, and being a dad at the same time. She definitely deserved some kind of mother of the century award or something like that because she was just the epitome of awesome mothers."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top