Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Don't Feed the Plant!

Go down

Don't Feed the Plant!

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:07 pm

Marceline couldn't decide which class she liked better; potions or herbology. Both classes were nothing like the plain and boring muggle classes she took at her previous school. Those classes dealt with textbooks and paper and her writing on said paper and being bored, but though Beauxbatons had some classes like those, the academy specified on hands-on classes which Marceline really got into. Potions and herbology especially appealed to her due to the grossness factor. She loved getting her hands dirty.

Some of the plants in the herbology room were exotic and weird and Marcy was eager to learn their names and get the chance to tend to them. However, when she had raised her hand and questioned the dangerous looking plant in the corner, the professor replied that it was the subject of the seventh year's class and they would not be dealing with any sort of plant like that any time soon. Marcy had pouted and slunk back in her chair while the professor had gone on about slugs. But in her mind she plotted to get a closer look at the plant after class.

Once class had been released, Marceline hung back and waited until all the other students had left and cautiously approached the professer. She had hoped that the professor would've left by their own, but she supposed it wouldn't be too much of a problem to get the room alone to herself. "Ummm, excuse me?" She started. The professor looked up. "I was wondering if I could borrow a book on those slugs mentioned in class? I'd go to the library, but I don't think they have anything specific like that." She watched as the professor's face lit up with the idea that a student really took to the lesson and, like Marceline had hoped, they had left the classroom in pursuit of a book to borrow. Once Marceline was sure she was safe, she approached the angry looking plant.

It snapped and gurgled as she approached. She kept a cautious distance, understanding the diet of the plant, but still desiring to see it in action. Her hand dove into her pocket for the remainder of a sandwich she was to have as a snack and held it out to the plant. The plant was about to seize it when she heard the door slam and nearly jumped out of her skin. For a moment, she thought it was the professor, but instead it was just a student. "You idiot! You almost made me feed my own hand to the plant!" She yelled. "What are you doing here anyway?"

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't Feed the Plant!

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:56 am

Christine had entered Beauxbatons with a romanticised idea about Herbology. In her mind it'd be like tending a garden as she'd read in some of her books. Not the Herbology text books obviously or she would have been brought back to earth much sooner. Actually nothing in this school was quite the way she imagined, Quidditch included for which she now had to train no matter what the weather.

Thus, in her last lesson in Herbology when they had to 'play' in dirt, she refused. Wasn't it bad enough getting all dirty in a game she wasn't quite so sure she really wanted to play? That she also had to do the same in class. Needless to say the professor was not amused and thus Christine was ordered to come back for detention in which she would do the lesson she refused to participate in earlier.

History of Magic, which had to be her favourite class, finished too soon and Christine reluctantly packed up her books and trudged slowly out to the Greenhouses. All the way grumbling under her breath over how unfair the professor was being. How could she be expected to get her dainty hands dirty? Forget the fact gloves were provided. They made her feel clumsy.

By the time she made it out to the Herbology greenhouses her bad mood was even worse and she did not take her usual care in the correct manner of closing a door. Christine's eyes flashed with anger at the girl who suddenly confronted her. "What are you doing close to that plant?" she returned. "And it is not any business of yours the manner of my presence in this room." The girl was rude. Extremely rude in calling her an idiot and then questioning her right to be in this place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:27 pm

"I was feeding it. You probably wouldn't understand that though, ickle," She replied, waving the ham sandwich in front of the younger girl. Even though she was only a year older, she felt like she had some sort of seniority over the girl and therefore she was smarter. "This plant is much too advance for your comprehension," She added. It was over her's too, but she was far too interested in it to just merely leave it alone. She wanted to know the things about the plant that one could only learn from experiencing it up close and not on paper.

"I'm here because I just had class," Marceline explained, placing her hands on her hips and slightly squishing the sandwich in doing so. "I don't think you have any right to be here so why don't you go off and play with your dolls like a good little girly, alright?" She added, not noticing that while her back was turned and her mind was focused in conversation, the plant extended towards her, aiming for the sandwich within her hand and snatched it up when it got the chance.

The short haired girl screamed at the suddenly contact. The plant's jaws snagged part of her uniform and tore the powder-blue sleeve as it retreated to eat it's finding. Marceline fell to the ground and crawled backwards away from the plant. "See!? That's the second time you made me almost get eaten by this thing!" She yelled, her breathing roughed with an accelerated heartbeat. "You're no good here!" Plus made Marceline totally miss out on the observations she wanted to take, and she doubted she'd get another chance as the plant chewed it's food and then bowed it's head to digest it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:24 am

It needled Christine that this girl who couldn't be that much older than herself would talk down to her. Had she no idea who she was speaking to? She stood that little bit straighter determined not to make a scene. "I have no wish to know about this plant," she stated. Never and she hoped that by the time she was old enough to learn about it she would be allowed to no longer continue on with the subject.

Her eyebrows rose a little at the way this girl's dismissive attitude. Without raising her voice she corrected the girl with, "then you would be incorrect. I was summoned here by the professor. The reason for the summons is no concern of yours." A lady never lost her temper and thus Christine would not lose hers no matter how much she wished to yell and shout.

She forgot all about behaving ladylike as the plant attacked again. Christine doubled over in a fit of giggles. No thought as to the possible danger the plant may be causing the other girl occurred to the young blonde Cerisier. She straightened a little and asked, "do you mean the plant or myself? I may assure you that I have no wish to be here but the good professor gave me no choice." Then remembering how she ought to behave she straightened up fully and rose her head a little. "Your class is over now is it not? You ought to go before that plant attacks again."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:20 pm

Marceline looked at her nails, short and clean of nailpolish, but caked with dirt beneath them. She picked out of small piece of dirt and flung it elsewhere before looking up at the girl with a crooked grin. "Pity, but I suppose your brain is too full of frivolities to take anything more in even if you wanted to," she replied. This girl was awfully proud and spoke in such a proper tone. This wasn't the first student she had come across like that. She bet this girl had issues with Herbology class because she was afraid of getting dirty. Marceline scoffed at the thought.

"The plant!" Marceline hissed at the girl in effort to silence her laughter. "If you think it's so funny, why don't you try touching the plant and if it takes off your hand, we'll see who's laughing!" Marceline replied, indignantly. "Or is little miss princess too scared?" She added, in a high pitched mocking tone. "Go on," she stepped forward and grabbed the girl by the wrist. "One little touch of a leaf and I'll leave you be. Forever, if that's what your highness wants." She pushed the girl forward towards the plant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:38 am

Christine raised her eyebrows at the girl's assumptions. It was partially true if by frivolities the other girl meant she took care of her appearance. "Actually I study hard too," she stated, "and I do achieve results." Just not the sorts of results which meant digging or chopping. Those tasks Christine found extremely distasteful.

The girl sobered a little and straightened. "I am not so silly as to touch a dangerous plant," she said with an air of being much more sensible than the other girl. Then the unexpected happened. "Unhand me you foul fiend," she demanded and struggled to break free of the hold this bully had on her. "I will not touch that plant. It is dangerous." Her eyes widened at how close she was now. "NO! I REFUSE!" Despite her self-rule about raised voices hers was now raised in panic at demands placed upon her. Where was the professor? Christine needed saving now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down