Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

So, Come Here Often?

Go down

So, Come Here Often?  Empty So, Come Here Often?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:27 pm

After he had wandered off from his mother, the shrew eventually found him. Philip sighed and was dragged back to the restaurant were he was going to be forced to sit through lunch. He was tuning out his mother scolding him. It was times like this that he really wished his father was the one who stayed at home. This would be a heck of a lot more fun if it was him instead of her.

He lingered behind his mother while she spoke, glancing around. Philip wasn't paying attention to where he was going and tripped, bumping into a girl and taking her down with him. He hurried to stand and held his hand out to her. "I am so sorry!"

Back to top Go down

So, Come Here Often?  Empty Re: So, Come Here Often?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Charlie really did have bad luck. First she falls and loses her glasses, and now some boy bear tackled her. She yelped upon hitting the ground. "Ow..." She mumbled while she fixed her dress. Charlotte looked up and took the boy's hand, at least he had good manners. "Thank you. Thank you very much." She said softly and stood up, and then she felt a chilled look of contempt and her eyes darted away. "I should have been paying better attention...I'm very sorry." She muttered out quickly and embarrassed. She gave another quick nod of appreciation and began to walk away from the boy and his mother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Philip apologized quite a bit to the poor girl while he helped her up. "Are you hurt anywhere? I'm sorry wasn't paying attention." He could feel his mother's eyes on the two of them. She was probably standing with her arms crossed, her lips pursed in a line, and judging the girl mercilessly in her head. His mother really was horrible sometimes. "No, no, it was my fault entirely. Don't worry about it." He smiled and her gently. Philip watched her start to walk away. She seemed nice. He chewed his lip, glanced back at his mother then followed after her. "I'm Philip, by the way."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:06 pm

"I'm fine, really I'm fine." She said softly, when Philip continued after her she tried to hold back a smile. "I am Charlotte. You can even call me Charlie if you prefer." She smirked slightly and tied her hair back up into a bun. "And straighten your back a bit. You're going to get a curvature of the spine, and that won't be good for you." She pushed her glasses back up to the bridge of her nose. "You're straight-backed, yes, but your shoulders aren't back or aligned with your actual back, which makes a rather unhealthy slouch on your shoulders." She babbled on. "So, if you could..." She pushed his shoulders back. "There, much better." Charlie grinned slightly. "I'm going to take a wild guess you are a Beauxbatons first year."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:00 pm

He surprisingly found himself straightening up his back. Her tone was persuasive and she had this little smirk on her lips. Philip was trying not to grin at her. He liked her a lot already. Her sense of humor, she seemed quite nice too. Wait...why was she pushing his shoulders back. He fought the blush that was trying to creep onto his cheeks. And after the shoulder touching, his mother was definitely staring Charlie down now. Which, if his mother tried to scare away Charlie, he was not going to be happy. "I, uh, yeah, I'm a first year." He smiled back at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Charlie felt the daggers on her back and turned around to face down the woman. She smiled at her and did a curtsy. She looked up into his face and smiled slightly. She liked the way his face looked, she decided. It was friendly and really nice and she could've sworn his eyes were girls' eyes, but they weren't. They were just docile and innocent and she tore her eyes from his. "Well, that's good because I am a Beauxbatons first year too, and now we each have a friend, which is fantastic. I might add, and don't worry about getting lost because I have been given a map of the school by my mother and you will most certainly be safe from ignorance based on your location inside of the school." She smiled brightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:31 pm

The curtsy. That was the second he knew the two of them were going to be good friends. He burst out laughing, which cost him a glare from his mother. She scoffed at the two and said something about going to the restaurant and that Philip could join her or not, she really didn't care. He looked back to Charlie, full on grinning at her now. She had taken on his mother. His crazy, shrew of a mother. "Charlie, you are something else." He could get rid of the grin on his face. "And you'll be the one to save me from ignorance?" He chuckled, shaking his head. Philip was glad he had made a friend so quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:00 pm

"I will save you from ignorance." She grinned and clapped him on the back. "Now let us discuss about how you will be buying me lunch." She giggled softly and slid into a booth and pulled him in with her. "Let me tell you, I am in the mood for something delicious. Caviar sounds good. Do they sell caviar here? Caviar is a French thing right? Hmm...so maybe not caviar. I suppose fried potatoes must do. Ooh and a glass of butter beer too. It sounds delicious, doesn't it?" Charlie was grinning widely as she set the book that had been in her hand on the table before she opened it up. "Can you order for me? I'll probably get lost in the book." She laughed softly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:16 pm

He grinned at her and honestly couldn't stop. "Wait...what? Since when am I buying you lunch?" Though he still sat across from her in the booth. "Of course you'd want to pick the most expensive thing on the menu." He rolled his eyes and was glad, very glad when she switched to the potatoes. "I have to order for you now too? Lovely." More eye rolling. He tapped his fingers on the table, glancing around the restaurant. Philip looked at her, smiling slightly. She was a bit blunt and abrasive, but he didn't seem to mind too much. "What are you reading?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:31 pm

"Since always, of course. You did offer." She grinned lopsidedly at Philip. "Yes of course you have to order for me. What gentleman does not order for a young lady?" She beamed at him. "You know if you got hit hard enough in the face while you did an eye roll your eye could get stuck like that? Then everyone would probably call you obscene names behind your back and that would not be that fun. Well I mean it'd be pretty fun to come up with names, but for you that would probably be pretty embarrassing. I mean you would be the freak of the school and your jaw is very square and even that would be tarnished. Maybe you could tape your eyes shut." She shrugged and went back to her book. "It's the Life and Times of Newt Scamander. It's uh my favorite book."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:43 pm

"When did I offer?" He chuckled and shook his head. "I don't remember offering, but I guess I'll pay." Philip laughed. "I thought ladies were supposed order for themselves. Plus...we're only eleven so..." He stared at her with his mouth open while she went on that rampage about eye rolling. "Where on earth do you come up with these things?" He laughed, grinning at her. "That's your favorite book? Interesting choice. I'm not sure what my favorite book is." He shrugged slightly. "So, Charlie, where are you from?" She sounded American like him as well, so he was curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:51 pm

"Eleven, a hundred and eleven, what's the difference? It's practically written on the slabs of time that the guy always orders. If we were six, I'd be expecting you to order for me. God, no wonder your mother seems so grouchy." She smiled broadly. "Well we are in France right now. So I came up with this here, though the actual science of that probably didn't happen in France. Which is pretty interesting, huh?" She smiled sweetly. "Yes, I kind of absolutely love to read anything ever published by or about Scamander. Like you don't understand. I worship the man like one might Merlin or a deity." She laughed softly. "I'm actually from Bismarck, North Dakota. It's in the United States."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:37 pm

He laughed, shaking his head. This girl was something else entirely. "My mother is grouchy because that is literally the only mood she has." He muttered grumpily. Meh, stupid lady. "You are so sarcastic, were you aware of that?" He grinned lopsidedly at her. He was glad they were friends. "I haven't read anything by Scamander before. Actually... I've never heard about him... What does he write about?" He nodded and his eyes widened slightly. "You're from Bismarck? That's really weird... because so am I..." Huh, what a strange coincidence. Never would have imagine meeting someone from the same place as him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:19 pm

"You've inherited her grouchiness, I can see. At least towards her. I take it she must be rather strict." Charlie poked at her bun experimentally. "You know sons raised in military conditions are more likely to turn to drugs and alcohol or just generally more susceptible to general addiction, correct? I mean, drugs and alcohol will possibly ruin your life. You having a ruined life seems kind of tragic, huh? I mean Pompeii burned to the ground and it was the most gorgeous ancient city at the time, so tragedy probably follows people who look like Pompeii, not that you look like Pompeii, it's just analogous because Pompeii like most ancient Roman cities was very militaristic." She babbled quickly. "You're from Bismarck too!?" She beamed. "Wonderful!"

Last edited by Charlotte Antonin on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:46 pm

"I am nothing like her! She is cold and strict and uncaring." He crossed his arms. Hm... maybe he was like her. He uncrossed his arms and prayed that he wouldn't end up like her. She looked cute with the bun in her hair....not that he would admit that out loud. Again, he stared at Charlie while she rambled on about Roman cities, Pompeii, tragedy, drugs, alcohol. "So...this all applies to me? Or are you going off on a tangent again?" This girl confused him a lot, he enjoyed her company though. He grinned at her and nodded. "Yep, I'm from Bismarck too. Where specifically are you from?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:22 am

"You just yelled at me." Her eyes narrowed. "Let me tell you something, Mr. Philip, you will not yell at me." She pulled her elastic out and shook out her hair in annoyance from both the yelling and the bun itself. "Yes, it all applies to you. I wasn't exactly talking to anyone other than you. I mean I wasn't addressing the ceiling or the floor or the waiter. I may babble, but I certainly do not go off on tangents." She wagged her finger at him and then did a 'gang sign' "I'm from the east side, representin' my hood. Y'know real life. What's a cop? Yeah, you know. Charlie the original OG. Yeah."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:41 am

"I didn't yell." He sighed softly. He hadn't meant to yell, nor did he realize that it sounded like he was yelling at her. "Mr. Philip? What?" He let her continue on in her rampage. Her sass was a bit annoying as well, but he let her continue on. "I apologize for yelling, Charlie." He said softly. He contained laughter at the sight of the 'gang sign' and what she said afterwards. "Ah...well..er..." She grew more interesting by the minute that was for sure. Such an odd bird this one. He glanced around the restaurant and noticed his mother was glaring him down. Lovely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:03 am

She felt the cold eyes on them and turned around to see her mother. She smiled at her and turned back to Philip. "Mr. Philip, I will not appreciate any tones you give me whether they are intended or not intended, and please stop glancing at your mother like you are begging for her approval because that's why she appears to have such a hold on you. You might be Pompeii, Philip, but I'm not going to allow you to explode or at least...you'll repopulate quicker than it took Pompeii to. Think of me as your personal Anti-Momma's Little Boy security because she already disapproves of me, which is rather glorious when you think about it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:15 am

Philip chuckled slightly when she turned around and smiled at her mother. "Again with the 'Mr. Philip'?" He asked. "Why do you keep calling me that?" The chuckling stopped when she thought he was trying to get his mother's approval. "I don't need her approval nor do I want it." He muttered, crossing his arms once more. Philip didn't want much to do with the woman. "She's not exactly the most comforting mother in the world, which I'm sure you picked up on that." He sighed softly. "Why am I Pompeii again? And I don't need a personal assistant or security or whatever. She probably disapproves because of something entirely stupid knowing her."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:10 pm

"Well, then let's give her a reason to disapprove. Let's go get our wands, Philip." She smiled broadly at him. "Lunch can always wait and you can always still buy it for me." She pushed up her glasses to her nose and put her hair up in a ponytail. "I do love wands. They look so extremely mundane for magical use, but I think that's why I like them. They're like a bridge between the muggle world and the magical world. Without a wand and extensive training we're just normal people who can do a few illusions or tricks, but with wands we become witches and wizards, heroes and heroines." She smiled broadly. "It's glorious when you think about it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Yep, Philip liked her more and more by the second. "She's going to hate you so much." He stood and held his hand out to her, wait...was that weird? His hand quickly joined his side once more. "I still have to pay? Seriously?" He asked jokingly. "No worries, I'll still pay." He grinned and nodded as she spoke. "Never really thought of it that way. My father usually does the most magic at home. My mother is just bossy all the time. What about you? Do your parents use magic on a daily basis?" Their family dynamics were clearly very different, so he was curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:14 pm

"You could say that. I've got quite the pairing for a mother and a father. Not in the sense they're perfect parents, but they're not a pair you'd expect together. My mum is a muggle-born naturalist and my father is a pureblooded quidditch coach. We all get along though." She rested a hand on his shoulder for a second. "It's okay. You and I can have our own family if you want." Wait... "Sorry! That came out wrong! I meant like we have each other as friends and you don't have to identify as like well, hers." She jutted her thumb towards his mum. "Sorry again, my brain thinks of the absolute worst ways to say things." She giggled quietly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:24 pm

"I come from a long line of purebloods. Which is why my mother is so, y'know, absurd. My dad works for the US Ministry. My mother stays at home and torments everyone." He added to the parent conversation. He was much closer to his father anyways. "Quidditch? Your father coaches quidditch?" He asked excitedly. "I was thinking of trying out for the team." Wait....what did she just say...? Did she just say something about a family? What. "Er..what...?" He just nodded slowly. "It's...uh...okay, Charlie..." He patted her shoulder awkwardly. "I get what you meant now and thanks. I'm glad I have such a good friend." He grinned at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum