Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Worst Best Friend

Go down

Worst Best Friend  Empty Worst Best Friend

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:48 pm

If there was one thing that Paige was absolutely sure of about herself, it would be that she is the worst best friend in the history of friends. The first two years she had played quidditch she would constantly knock her best friend Charon from the sky, somehow he continued to comfort her and forgive her. She was sure she had gotten better as a friend since she hadn't knocked out any of her friends for so long, but all of that changed today when she smacked Quinn out of the sky with a bludger. It took quite the effort to continue playing the game, but the second it was over she ran to the changing room long enough to throw her broom and bat somewhere. In a matter of minutes she had run across the grounds and up the stairs to the infirmary. After talking with Monsieur Avery he let her in to see her friend.

Her blue haired best friend was still unconscious, she drug a chair up to the side of his bed. There she sat there determined to be there when he woke up, she took his hand in both of her's and waited patiently. After a few moments she placed her head down near their hands, she almost felt like crying positive that she was the worst best friend around. The blonde was still in her quidditch uniform and exhausted both physically and emotionally, especially after she heard Caleb upset over what she'd done, but she was not going to leave until he was awake.

Back to top Go down

Worst Best Friend  Empty Re: Worst Best Friend

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:43 am

The way down had been all a blur. He remembered vaguely falling but then nothing else. There was no recovering from that hit in time to return to the game, and so he was taken away to the Infirmary. Quinn rested there for the remainder of the game, eyes closed and still in his uniform. He was unaware of his visitor and of the touch of her hand for a good fifteen minutes before he started to come through.

His blue eyes blinked open. His chest felt heavy and weird, especially where he had gotten hit, and his ankle was stinging with pain. The room looked weird to him and it seemed to him as if were spinning for a good moment before his eyes landed on Paige and then the weight on his hand made sense. The blue haired boy grinned widely. She was holding his hand! He looked to make sure he wasn't dreaming and there it was; his hand held between her two much smaller ones. He was so caught off guard he forgot to speak for a few moments. "You're hands are so tiny," He spoke with a groggy voice and smiled. They were also soft and warm and oh please don't let go.

Monsieur Avery, now aware of Quinn's consciousness had come to his bed and asked Paige to step aside for a moment. He asked Quinn if he felt any pain and where, which Quinn answered appropriately. He had apparently broken his ankle in the fall, which the wizard had healed up within moments with a spell. He told Quinn he was just badly bruised where the bludger had hit and that he ought to rest in the infirmary for the day, as to not strain himself. Before he left, Monsieur Avery poured a glass of pain-relief potion and told him to drink it.

Quinn stared at the murky liquid in the glass. It looked disgusting and lifting the glass to his lips, he was correct. He swallowed the potion, making a face at the bitter taste and then looked at Paige again. "Ummm, why...why are you here?" He stuttered and blushed. Surely she hadn't been worried about him, had she?
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Leo Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Quidditch didn't look like that tough a sport because well the broom does most of the work, but it still could make the players feel physically exhausted. Right about now Paige would attest to that fact, that coupled with the fact that she was emotionally tired from all the worrying the blonde was ready to collapse. It seemed like forever to her as she sat there with her head rested near their hands, she felt herself get even more tired from laying there though. She was too out of it to notice that Quinn had waken up until he spoke. She quickly sat up at his voice and gave him a small smile, "Only compared to yours." Paige answered him.

Monsieur Avery came over when he noticed the captain awake and asked her to move. She quickly stood up and moved to the foot of the bed while the healer did his job. She grimaced at the injuries the man told him he had sustained all because of her, she wouldn't blame the kid if he hated her forever. She had broken Char's ribs a few years back and he still wanted to be her friend so perhaps she was overreacting, but she was still worried.

After the healer left Paige reclaimed her seat next to Quinn's bed. She placed her hands on the edge of the bed instead of returning them where they were but kept them near as an option if he'd like. She noticed the disgusted face he gave the potion and quickly reached into the tiny pocket of her uniform and pulled out a kiss. Caleb had reminded her how much she loved those with their individual packaging and she had started carrying them in the pockets of her uniform. She offered the silver wrapped chocolate to Quinn to get rid of the nasty potion taste with a small smile.

She sat there quietly for a moment staring down at her hands before speaking up. "You guys won by the way. You must've trained those guys well." She said with a half smile still staring at her hands. "I'm really sorry you weren't there for your teams first win with you as captain. I'm sorry you didn't get much time to enjoy your first game as captain. I'm just really sorry." Paige said quietly not lifting her eyes from her hands that she started fidgeting with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:35 pm

He placed down the empty glass and smiled as he spotted the small wrapped chocolate. "Thanks," He said to Paige before he took hold of it, unwrapped it, and placed the kiss in his mouth. He wondered if this was considered as getting a kiss from Paige as he let the chocolate melt in his mouth but he kept all musings to himself.

Paige seemed off. She spoke of good news but sounded so miserable. Quentin wondered if it was because she was sad that his win meant her loss but quickly learned that that was not the case as she started apologizing. "Hey, hey," Quinn started, trying to comfort her. He sat up too quickly and sent a fresh shock of pain via his bruise and cringed. After a moment, he took Paige's hands which she was so adamant at staring at. "It's alright. I'll have other games. It wasn't your fault," He said, then realized how she thought she was to blame. It was her that hit him with the bludger, after all. He bit his lip in contemplation and then came up with an idea. "Really it isn't! Look at my feet. See? I'm wearing boring, white socks. I forgot to wear my lucky purple ones! I get hit with bludgers all the time, but I never fall off because my lucky socks keep me safe. Today I fell off because I wasn't wearing them. So, it's not your fault. It's mine!" He explained and then leaned closer to her face. "So, cheer up, okay?" He nuzzled her nose gently with his own.
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Paige was happy to see that the sweet chocolate seemed to help dissipate the unpleasant taste of the potion. At least that much she could be helpful with, candy seemed to be one of the only things she could still be helpful with. When she had first got the position as beater she didn't exactly realize the full effects of it but she couldn't see herself in any other position either.

The blonde looked up from her small hands when Quinn spoke up suddenly and started moving. Paige instantly saw in his face the pain caused by the motion and she wished he would just stay laying so he could heal. She was surprised to find that he sat up to attempt to comfort her. She gave him a small, weak smile when he tried to convince her it was his fault for not having the right socks and not really her fault. Quinn really was a sweet guy but she was still convinced it was all her fault, but as long as he forgave her she could deal with the self guilt.

Quinn then leaned even closer and for a moment she thought he was going to kiss her, and her heart skipped a beat, but he didn't. He nuzzled his nose against hers gently receiving a soft smile and a quiet giggle from her. "Yeah alright." She said as if she were fine so he'd stop worrying. "Now lay down would ya? Don't try to tell me all that movement doesn't hurt." She told him before gently placing her hands on his chest, they looked tiny compared to his massive chest as well, and carefully pushed him back down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:00 pm

His heart pounded in the moments where his face was so close to Paige's. He knew it was only him that had leaned forward, but he couldn't help but let his mind flash briefly to the thought of him then turning his face slightly to the left and letting his lips meet with Paige's. He blushed and quickly pulled away instead. He wasn't sure if Paige would've liked the kiss or even liked him in that way, for that matter. Plus, he wouldn't have the guts to kiss Paige without asking first. At least not for their first time.

He let her guide him back to laying down and grinned up at her. "Well you did come all this way to see me, and you haven't even changed yet! The least I could do was be in a little pain just to sit up with you," Quentin replied, though remained laying down with a pillow coddling his sore back. "Tell me, do you visit everyone you injure?" The question brought a redness to his cheeks. Was he just special to her? Or did she just feel all the more guilty because he had fallen off of his broom?
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:15 pm

After the initial shock of Quinn bringing his face so close Paige's heart immediately calmed back down now that she realized it was just a sweet, friendly gesture. After her soft giggle she continued to smile softly before making him lay back down. She wasn't a healer but even she knew that someone who just fell, however many feet Quinn had just fallen, would feel much better if they avoided moving as much as possible. Once she had him back on the bed she sat on the edge of his mattress instead of returning to her chair so she could still see his face.

Paige gently shook her head at his next words. "You shouldn't be in pain because of me. If you want to do something for me stay there and get better." She answered him with a serious tone. "But if you do prefer us to be on the same level I can help with that. It's the least I can do." She said before carefully lying next to him on the bed. She laid on her side so that she was barely touching Quinn as she was unsure of the exact location of his injuries and didn't want to hurt him anymore than she already had. The blonde gave him a small smile as if to ask if this was more preferable. "I only visit the ones important to me." She told him honestly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:51 pm

Paige was worthy being in a little discomfort over. He often felt somewhere between excited and about to get sick when he was with her, so what was the difference if instead his bruise hurt a little? He didn't mind at all but figured he'd ought to just do what she told him too, and maybe that Monsieur Avery would make her go away if he thought that Paige was hindering his rest.

Never did he think that his words would inspire her to do what she did next. If he wasn't nervous enough with her sitting on the edge of the bed, his heart absolutely pounded as she reclined next to him. His face turned red at how close they were. They were nearly cuddling after all, and he played with his hands as he wasn't sure if it would be deemed alright by her to hold her.

"I-I'm important to you?" He repeated, dumbly. His eyes rested on hers as he felt the heat burn on in his cheeks. He didn't know what else to say and left his mouth hung open slightly as he continued to stare. It was then that he noticed how incredibly much he took up of the bed and how Paige was practically slipping off. He moved quickly to hold her on, hurting himself again, but this time stifled the sounds of pain. His arm was wrapped around her, with her shoulder pressed to his chest. "I, uhhh, sorry. You were falling off. These beds aren't really meant for two fifteen year olds, y'know?" He quickly explained. "Do you mind?"
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Paige wasn't sure why but as soon as she reclined next to Quinn his face seemed to turn a bit red, this caused her's to do that same. She wasn't an easily embarrassed girl and was usually very confident in herself, just as she had confidently laid next to one of her best friends. But seeing him blush like that had caused her to do that same, was this something to be embarrassed about? Do friends not commonly talk while laying down? She touched her face cautiously as if to confirm that it was in fact as warm as if felt. She started considering sitting back up but she was afraid that would cause Quinn to do the same and agitate his bruises.

The small blonde had had no difficulty finding enough room for her small stature to lay but once there she realized there hadn't been as much room as she had initially thought. Perhaps that was chiefly because she was so afraid to touch Quinn and hurt him again. Whatever the reason was she found that she had to have her one arm hold the edge of the bed to keep her on her side and not rolling off the side, it wasn't the most comfortable of positions but if it made Quinn happy she didn't mind.

Paige smiled so brightly that he eyes were nearly squinted when she answered her friends next question. "But of course you are silly, how could you possibly think you weren't" She told him as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Her bright smile faded a bit due to the surprise of suddenly finding Quinn moving and pulling her closer with his arm around her. She hadn't expected him to anything of the sort, but now found her shoulder pressed against his chest and her face much closer to his body. This new position brought the rosy color back to her face stronger than before. Paige wondered where this came from out of the blue but she didn't have to wait long to learn the reason, she hadn't realized he noticed how close to the edge she had been. "Yeah I didn't exactly think that through did I?" She answered nervously to his comment about the size of the bed. He asked if she mind but she couldn't answer for a moment, did she mind? She didn't think so but should she? "Uh, no, no I don't." She finally answered quietly.

In this position she couldn't see his face as well so she wasn't sure if this was irritating his injuries or not. "You okay?" She asked, "Not straining your injuries?" Paige asked concerned about hurting Quinn even more than she already had that day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin D'Angelo Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:04 pm

The stretch of his arm made his shoulder burn with pain, but Quentin found it endurable and less noticeable after a few moments, and plus he didn't want Paige to leave just because he was constantly hurting, so he kept his mouth shut about it. He grinned stupidly as she told him that he was of course important to her and battled with his tongue to find something charming to say in response. He felt a joke about her knocking him out of the sky was not a sign of friendship was too soon, especially judging how she took things before, and so he settled with something simple and unintentionally pathetic sounding. "I guess I just wanted to hear it from you." His lids closed over his blue eyes as he just realized how dumb he was speaking then. Thank to their new cuddling position, her face seemed unable to see his at the moment.

He held her close to his body and all tensions eased as she told him she was okay with the cuddling. Her voice sounded different though when she answered and Quinn wanted to question it, but found himself unable to. Instead, he leaned his face against her forehead and enjoyed the warmth of her in his arms for a moment. "No, I'm fine," He lied, when she questioned his injuries. He felt much better this way anyway. "Thanks. This helped out a lot," He told her and wanted to press a kiss to her forehead but refrained, thinking that he was already pushing it with the cuddling at that moment.
Quentin D'Angelo
Quentin D'Angelo
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Today was full of firsts, the first time Paige found herself not confident in her actions, and even blushing because of them, and the first time she shared a bed with someone. It didn't seem like that big of a deal when she was laying on the edge of the bed but it was different now that she was so close to Quinn and he had his arm around her. It wasn't a bad kind of different, at least she didn't think so, but it was definitely different. She was sure her usually bright face was now a new form of bright, red that is. She was positive Quinn could feel the heat from her face on his chest, and if he couldn't he surely could once he rested his face against her forehead. The action made her smile though and she started to relax at his touch.

Even though he told her he wasn't in any pain from the movement and current position she didn't truly believe that was entirely true. If he was able to lie about it though it must not be that bad so she decided not to question it. If Monsieur Avery came out from his office though he would probably make her leave and insist Quinn rest instead of possibly irritating wounds. Paige thought about that and considered moving back to her chair so he wouldn't get upset but she couldn't bring herself to actually move. The blonde smiled when her friend told her this helped a lot, she was glad she was finally able to do something right for Quinn finally. She closed her eyes for a moment with contently, she realized then how tired she truly was and how easy it was for her to relax in her friend's arms. "Thanks Quinn." She said quietly. She said thanking him for not hating her for her actions in the game, for keeping her from falling off the bed, and for being such a good friend, though she wasn't sure that truly translated in her words enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down