Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Measurements and Needles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Measurements and Needles

Post by Osmund Hollow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Osmund never paid much attention to what he wore when it came to dressing in the morning. Having an attitude that caused him to not care about what all the other muggle children that surrounded him thought about his appearance, the boy stuck to grabbing whatever he could find, taking a quick whiff of it to make sure it didn't smell, and just wore that. The knowledge that they would be required to wear uniforms once at school had hardly phased the boy. But the process of obtaining them was a cruel and unusual form of punishment in its own.

"Ouch!" Osmund cried, as the needle poked his side for the umpteenth time. "Watch it!" The worker mumbled some sort of apology, criticizing that Osmund wasn't standing still enough, and continued on fitting the uniform accordingly.

Osmund felt like a ruddy fool, standing on a platform for all to see with his hands outstretched like a scarecrow and being measured and probed, all the while staring at his reflection in the mirror with a scowl on his face. "Can't you hurry it up?" Osmund asked.

"Not if you don't want to be poked," The worker replied. Osmund rolled his eyes. He looked next to him, where another boy about his age was also being fitted. He hadn't heard much from that person, which made Osmund believed either he was being fitted by a daft worker who was poking him on purpose, or the boy was just grinning and bearing it.

"Looks like you've got the better of the two," Osmund noted to the boy, a look of jealously on his face.

Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Measurements and Needles

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:11 pm

There were many things Christian was looking forward to at Beauxbatons the one thing he was not looking forward to though was wearing a uniform. Maybe he would be okay with it more if there wasn't simply so much to the uniform, they had to wear a white shirt folded all fancy around the edges, a tie, a vest, tight blue pants, with a belt and black shoes. He had been told that at Hogwarts they just had ties, white shirts and nice big comfy robes. Hogwarts was were he was supposed to be going if it wasn't for the darn divorce, now he was stuck in France with his halfway proper dad going to a fancy school with a fancy uniform. He supposed he would get used to it eventually as long as the fitting didn't kill him first.

He had started counting the number of times the robe shop worker poked him somewhere and then he lost count and just stared forward with his teeth clenched. He then heard the person on the other stool talk to him at least he assumed it was him from what the boy said. "If you are referring to the poking then I don't think I did." He answered the boy not even caring anymore what the worker thought. Christian tried so hard to be nice to everyone but this person was obviously not so he was giving up.

Last edited by Christian D'Angelo on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Clearly when it came to the resume of this shop, be able to weld pins was not a requirement, for the boy had relayed that he was receiving painful pricks in the side every now and then. As if on cue, the needle pricked Osmund again. "Ouch!" Osmund overdid his response and shot a cold glance over. The worker apologized in an ungenuine way.

"The name's Osmund Hollow, by the way," Osmund introduced, figuring the end to his pains were not over, so he'd might as well entertain himself with a little conversation. "You already a student of Beauxbaton? Or are you incoming?" Osmund asked. The boy looked about eleven or twelve. If he wa style later, perhaps the boy would be able to learn a thing or two about the school. He didn't want to enter the school being as naive as a muggle born.

Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Christian highly doubted that the worker was poking the other boy as hard as he was trying to make it out like but maybe he was just being loud because it was getting annoying and if that was the case the boy could empathize. The dark haired boy next to him introduced himself as Osmund Hollow and asked if he was already a student at Beauxbatons. At that Christian chuckled. "Do I really look that old, I've always been told I look younger than I am. But now I'm going in this year first time. Oh and I'm Christian D'Angelo by the way." He introduced himself hoping maybe a little conversation would distract him from the pin pricks better than the wall had been. "Ow could you at least act like you're trying to be gentler geez." He told the worker, this was the first time he had complained but it was getting ridiculous now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:53 pm

"Ancient, mate," Osmund redefined, jokingly of course. The boy could've passed for a second year, maybe even a baby-faced third year. It was hard to tell often with people, but Merlin knew how wraths could rain down on him if he underjudged someone's age. People were often so unpredictable.

Osmund nodded as the boy introduced himself as Christian, taking note of the name for future reference. He was about to say something else when another jan seared into his flesh. "Oi! Are you trying to draw blood!?" Osmund cried, and slapped the workers hand away. "We're switching, okay?" The worker seemed surprised by this notion and gave him a look of disbelief. But Osmund was serious and hopped of off the pedestal and headed towards Christian's. "right, you can take over from where he left off, okay?" Osmund said to the worker. "Lets see if the grass is really greener on the other side, shall we?"

Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Christian chuckled a bit at Osmund's comment about him being accent. He couldn't really say anything about it though the boy knew how hard it was to judge someone's age and he always thought it best to judge high, but not too high. He could remember when a girl at his school had exploded on her when he guessed he age too low then tried to fix it by guessing too high.

Osmund sure did make a fuss about the poking from the needle, Christian sure did hope that employee wasn't really hurting him that much if they were this place really needed to do better at teaching their employees to fit people. Suddenly Osmund jumped off his pedestal and insisted they trade places. "I can see we will be great mates then if you're already volunteering me for the worse jabbing." Christian said sarcastically with a small smile jokingly. He jumped off his and onto the other hoping this wasn't going to make things worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:19 pm

Osmund laughed at Christian's comment, raising his eyebrows in a humored appearance. "Rather you than me," Osmund commented. He didnt mean to make it seem as cruel as it did, but he wasnt about to back out if it either. he needed robes, after all, and if Christian's was worse than his, osmund would be doing the lad a favor.

He bowed, extended a hand out to make a show of it and added, "after you, kind sir." After all, he couldn't get up there if Christian was already hogging the whole pedestal, and after all the needle pricking, Osmund would be curteous as to not push the boy off to take his spot. Osmund wasn't the physical type, after all. Barking was more fun than biting.

Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 pm

"Oi thanks I appreciate the kind thoughts mate." Christian answered with a small chuckle before climbing down from his pedestal. He reluctantly climbed up onto the other pedestal looking down at the worker for a brief moment just long enough to say, "If I am poked too many times I will have you fired, I promise." He warned. The sentence surprised him a bit since he wasn't usually a person to say such hard things but he was pretty sure he was bleeding in some spots and he'd had just about enough. "Good luck over there." He told Osmund knowing the other wasn't as nice as he had made it seem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Osmund listened to the boy threaten the worker and nodded along. Christian had a backbone, he'd give the boy that. It had also arose other questions. Osmund hadn't heard of the Angelo's before, but perhaps they were equals? Surely only someone with the best pedigree could speak like that and Osmund's eye lightened as he thought of what his father would think if he made friends with someone of the likes. And I'd have done it on my own, Osmund smiled.

"I bid thee the same," Osmund replied, stealing extra glances at the boy. He wasn't sure how one was to ask such questions though. He would have thought he'd be able to recognize a mudblood just by seeing them, but he had found that was not the case. "Christian..." Osmund started, his voice friendlier than it had been prior. "I think you may have the potential to be of some value to me," He finished. "And I don't mean for taking the needle stabs for me"

Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum