Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

New to the Job

Go down

New to the Job Empty New to the Job

Post by Guest Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:53 am

Over the summer, Adela had received a badge and letter that she had been selected to be a prefect for her year. The girl was honored to have the privilege of being a prefect. This meant that the head wizards and witches of Beauxbatons thought that she would make a good leader. Not only a good leader, but one of the best leaders in her class. Only two people in each year were selected for this honor. With honor comes responsibility. The new prefect now had the duties of helping the first years and keeping students out of trouble.

Adela thought that the job description was pretty straight forward, and the work didn't seem very hard. However, she thought it would still be a good idea to someone who was already a prefect to get some advice, and the girl didn't know anyone who was better at giving advice than her friend Sawyer. Maybe that's how he got a position as a prefect. It certainly couldn't be because of good behavior. The boy was always pulling pranks. Adela wrote a note to her friend, telling him to meet her in the prefect lounge. She hadn't visited the lounge yet and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to. The girl sat down on the couch and waited patiently for him.

Back to top Go down

New to the Job Empty Re: New to the Job

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:40 pm

Being a prefect had been an unexpected event for Sawyer, but it did sort of remind him that he was now one of the highest grades and had to start acting like it. Of course that didn't mean he had stopped pulling pranks or causing chaos, he had just learned to be a bit more discrete about it. He didn't think of himself as much of a leader but he was doing an alright job so far, at least he thought so. He was the best at giving advice to little kids, he knew enough about what was not acceptable behavior to catch the younger kids for it. This year he was glad to see one of his best friends, perhaps only friend, had received a prefect badge of her own. While he was sure the Head Mistress had wrongly chosen him, he thought she was dead on in giving it to Adela, she was definitely a good leader and way maturer than Sawyer.

Recently he had received a note from his favorite ginger asking him to meet her in the prefect lounge, with nothing better to do, and having only been there a few times himself he decided to make the long trip up all those stairs. He slowly made his way up the spiraling staircase, upon reaching the top where the prefect lounge door was he pushed it opened slowly. Sawyer peak around the corner of the door and smirked at the girl on the sofa. "Oh you're so alone up here." He said coming out from behind the door, he shut it behind him leaning on it for a moment. "I hope I haven't kept you waiting long, but now that I'm here I shall you keep you all kinds of company." He said with a wink making his way over to the sofa with a crooked grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:38 pm

The prefect lounge was big and empty. Adela was the only one in there. All the furniture looked nice, although barely touched. She could see a thin layer of dust on some of the book cases and tables. It was quiet and there didn't seem to be a lot of people visiting the lounge. This would be the perfect place to come and get away from everyone and everything and just read a book or something. She was a little startled when she heard Sawyer speak up from the doorway. The girl had almost forgotten why she had come here. "Oh Sawyer you're such a charmer," Adela exaggerated as she put her hand over her heart as if he had just taken her breath away.

Once he was seated on the sofa next to her, the girl leaned in close and looked him straight in eyes. "But fair warning, if you ever go too far I won't hesitate to punch you in the mouth." She gave her sweetest smile and sat back in her seat, straightening her skirt. "So, now that that's cleared up, onto the real reason I asked you here. I've heard that you are the best at giving advice- don't go getting a big head on me now." Adela knew the moment she said it that it was too late. "Anyways, I was wondering if you could help me with this whole prefect thing since I'm new to the job. Any advice you could share with me?" she asked, batting her eyes and giving a puppy dog face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Sawyer started making his way over to the sofa where Adela sat and joined her on the soft cushions. The moment he sat down the girl leaned closer and looked at him much more seriously and simply said if he ever goes too far she's not afraid to punch him in the mouth. He had thought his comment had seemed that serious, he always teased Adela like that but she had never seemed to dislike it, especially not enough to nicely threaten him. He'd never done anything to anyone, he hadn't ever kissed anyone, yet she was worried of him going too far. He tried not to show that anything had changed on his face so he chuckled and threw his hands in the air. He scooted over to sit next to the air before dropping his hands. "Noted." he said with a small smirk.

He grinned when she said that he was the best at giving advice, but she quickly corrected herself telling him not to let that go to his head. "Yeah I like my head the size it is now as well. Though that's not the first time I've been told I'm good at giving advice, so what kind of advice are you looking for?" He asked. Normally he would've added some comment about needing romance advice with Payton but he was much more reserved with those kinds of comments now. "Prefecting advice eh? Well I'm not the best behaved so I kinda fake my way through it. The best I can say it be nice to the ickles, at least while they're in groups. Uh call out rule breakers and I guess just pretend you have the best of intentions for everyone as if you're always ready to help anyone." Sawyer said leaning against the arm of the sofa staring at the ceiling thinking of how he'd survived being a prefect so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Adela noticed Sawyer became more timid after her response. He wasn't very good at hiding it. Adela had never seen him act that way. She must have really offended him. "I'm sorry Sawyer. I was just joking. I didn't mean to scare you." She leaned over and gently grabbed his chin. "Besides, how could I ever risk causing harm to such a handsome face?" The girl smiled and hoped her flirting would bring him back to normal. She patted the cushion next to her. "Please come sit next to me again," Adela said using the saddest, sweetest puppy dog look she knew to use.

The new prefect listened to her friend as he gave her all the advice he knew. "So basically what you're saying is pretend you are nice and helpful when around a lot of people, and do whatever you want any other time. Typical Sawyer." She winked at him. "Anything else I should know?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum