Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

The Begging Paid Off

Go down

The Begging Paid Off Empty The Begging Paid Off

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Once Guen, Trent, and their mothers finished their lunch, the two eleven year olds had run off in the direction of the wand shop. Guen wondered what wand core she was going to get or what type of wood. Oh, it was so exciting! She held onto Trent's hand tightly, grinning at him. Guen glanced over her shoulder to see her mother and Jane hurrying after them as well as shaking their heads. When they finally got to Fabre's shop, she opened the door carefully, her eyes widened. It was amazing! She wandered into the shop, pulling Trent in after her.

Back to top Go down

The Begging Paid Off Empty Re: The Begging Paid Off

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Trent was off in his own world half the time. He couldn't help it. He was always so positively distracted. He supposed that was why his inability to focus was always his down fold. He also wondered if that's why it always seemed like words flew off the pages of books and into the world around him, but that's why it was great to have Guen who would always help him with everything he needed to read. His favorite was when Guen read him Tales of Beetle the Bard. He found some of the stories so entertaining and the others made him giggle like there was no tomorrow. That's what he was thinking about while he held Guen's hand. He smiled as Guen pulled him into the wand shop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Guen looked back at him, grinning brightly. She could tell by his look that he was off in his own little world. Whenever he was distracted like that, she wondered what he was thinking about. Was he daydreaming about something? Deep in thought? She never really knew. Guen glanced around the shop excitedly. This was so cool! Tessa and Jane joined them in the shop, seeing as the eleven year olds needed someone to pay for their wands. Guen wanted to wander about the shop, seeing as Mrs. Knobbs was busy with some other people and it would be a few minutes before it would be their turn to get their wands. But, she wasn't sure if Trent wanted to. She started to let go of his hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Guen beginning to let go of his hand snapped him out of his dream world. He subtly gave her hand a squeeze. "What's wrong?" He asked softly. "I'm sorry, I was daydreaming again. What is it that you wanted to do?" He used his other hand to brush one of her curls back behind her ear. "I was thinking about Beedle the Bard and story nights is all. I guess I got to caught up in the stories in my head, but they're so good it's hard not to. Babbity Rabbity is so fun to say." He grinned broadly and swung their hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:40 pm

She stopped moving away from him when she felt a gently squeeze on her hand. He seemed so concerned that she had minded his daydreaming. "Oh, nothing's the matter, I was just going to leave you to your daydreaming." She smiled gently at him. "There's no need to apologize, I was just going to wander about the shop. The owner seems a bit busy at the moment." Guen played with his fingers. "We can read Beedle the Bard tonight if you want." She grinned happily. "I know Babbity Rabbity is your favorite." She giggled as he swung their hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:02 pm

Trent smiled brightly at Guen. "You don't have to leave me to my daydreaming. I much prefer talking and being with you then daydreaming about us laying on the roof while you read to me." He said softly to her. "Wandering around the shop sounds really really fun. It does seem kinda busy. What if they run out of wands? Will I not get one? I mean those textbooks are going to be the hardest books ever anyways. Maybe I should invest in becoming a squib. I could trade places with a real squib. Hmm..." Trent's ears perked up. "Really? We can read Babbity Rabbity tonight? Yes!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:23 pm

"Are you sure? I really don't mind letting you." Guen smiled back gently at him. His comment made her blush a little bit. She hadn't realized how much Trent liked talking to her. "They won't run out of wands! They just can't! Because we both need them." She elbowed him in the side. "You are not becoming a squib! You and me are going to best friends forever and will go to Beauxbatons together!" She pouted. "What other stories should we read tonight?" Guen asked with a smile. She picked out one of her favorites, but would always let Trent pick out most of the stories they would read.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:34 pm

"I'm as positive as anyone could ever be." Trent smiled brightly at Guen. He noticed the pigment in Guen's cheeks darken. He looked confused. Was Guen embarrassed by something? Or someone? Himself? It would make sense. She was a brainiac and he was a dolt. Maybe talking about Babbity Rabbity in public was like an insult to her because she read such high reading level novels. "A-Am I embarrassing you?" He asked in a voice so quiet it was barely audible. He smiled when she nudged him. "Fine, I won't be a squib. And I know we'll be best friends forever." Trent thought for a moment of his favorite stories. "What about that muggle book you got? Clockwork Angel?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:42 pm

"Oh, Trent, you could never, ever embarrass me!" Guen pulled him into a tight hug. Why would he think such a thing? "Why did you think that?" She asked curiously, biting on her lip. Was it something she had done? She hadn't meant to if she did. Guen pulled away, smiling gently. "That's right you're not going to be a squib! Because I'm gonna be an auror and you're gonna be the greatest quidditch player ever!" She exclaimed, grinning brightly at her best friend. "Clockwork Angel? Sure! It's one of my absolute favorites, you know." Guen said matter of fact, with a grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:54 pm

Trent hugged Guen back, smiling at the familiar feeling of her arms around him. "I just..you were blushing and I thought you might be embarrassed that I'm a little well, I'm kind of dim. You're so smart and I was just worried." He mumbled and rambled. Trent's ears went bright pink. 'I won't be the best player ever. I just want to be good, but you, you are going to be head auror one day and you'll be every little girl's hero." Trent grinned back at her. "I do know." He nodded excitedly. He knew just about everything he could about Guen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:06 am

"Trent!" Guen scolded and smacked him slightly. "You are not dim and something like that would never embarrass me because you're my best friend. Got it?" She explained very seriously, giving him a sharp look. "You will be though! I have a feeling you'll be the best player ever and little girls and boys will look up to you and want to be you." She nodded, smiling brightly. Her cheeks reddened slightly. "Me? Head auror? I doubt it." Guen murmured quietly. Of course, he knew everything about her, she was silly to think that he wouldn't. "We can read a few chapters from it tonight then." She smiled brightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 am

"Ow." He mumbled rubbing his arm where she'd smacked him. "I understand." He was really hoping she meant every word she said and that she'd truly never feel embarrassed to have him around because if she did ever feel that way it would be the absolute worst thing in the history of forever. He couldn't imagine life without Guen helping him and being the best friend a guy could ever even wish for. "I can't believe you actually think I will be that good." He murmured with quite the blush on his cheeks. "Yes, you, head auror. I know it will happen." Trent grinned widely. "Yes, this is so exciting!" Trent sighed happily. He hadn't even noticed it was their turn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:29 am

"Oh! I hadn't meant to smack you that hard… I'm sorry." She apologized quickly, worrying about it. She grinned at his blush. "Of course I believe you will be that good, why is it so hard to accept that?" She shook her head. "Nuh, uh, I'll never be good enough to make head auror." His grin and happy sigh made her giggle. Tessa nudged the two of them, "Guenevere, pay attention, it's your turn." Guen looked up and saw the owner waiting patiently for either Trent or herself to step forward. "Go on Trent, you go first." She smiled enthusiastically at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:38 am

Trent blinked nervously as Guen ushered him forward. It took a while for Trent to find the right wand. It was weird, none of the wands were so horrendously wrong for him they caused issues, but none of them were exactly right. However there was a rather dusty box on the floor. "Ooh~ can I try that one? It looks vintage." He wondered if the shop keeper was rolling her eyes as she picked up the box. It was eleven inches of Willow wood with a Unicorn hair core. Trent loved it instantly. Sure enough after trying this one it was clear that this was the one for him. He grinned. "Your turn, Guen."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:51 am

Guen smiled watching while Trent went first. She couldn't help but giggle when he asked to try the one because it was vintage. She just thought it was cute, okay. She bit her lip and stepped forward. The shop keeper pulled a few boxes off the shelves. Unlike Trent, one of the first wands Guen tried caused a bit of a disaster by messing up some of the organization in the shop. Her eyes widened. "I am so so so sorry!" She quickly exclaimed, biting her lip. The shop keeper shook her head and grabbed one more box, pulling out the wand and handing it to Guen. It was ten and half inches, Spruce with a Pheonix feather core. She grinned trying it out and it was perfect. Guen smiled brightly at her mother and Trent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum