Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

A Whole New Angle

Go down

A Whole New Angle Empty A Whole New Angle

Post by Linette Puchard Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Entering this pub certain was different this time around than it had been for the past seven years. No longer was she an eager eleven year old upset with her father's boss for messing up their shopping for Beauxbatons time. Nor was she the young teen upset that her younger sister had chosen to go to Beauxbatons too. Linette didn't like to think about the consequences of her actions in regards to Louise. The guilt still hung onto her like a cloud. The reluctant prefect had disappeared too. Now all that was left was a witch who whilst could legally cast magic anywhere away from muggle eyes she had not yet mastered the ability to apparate. A bit of a fail. Two apparation tests so far and she still had to rely on help from family.

At least this time she didn't have to ask. Instead her mother asked her to come with her. Something to do with a surprise. The surprise apparently was mum disappearing and telling Linette to stay in the pub and wait. She should be grateful she supposed since her mother had taken time away from her job in Luxembourg to spend time with Linette. It was just that she had thought the whole point of spending time together was to spend time together. Well then if her mother had gone and disappeared on her then she would find someone else to sit with in this crowded pub.

Sizing up a likely table mate she siddled up to them. "Hi. Do you mind if I sit here? I'm waiting for someone but I don't want to appear greedy by keeping a table all to myself. Besides you might be able to help me with something."
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Gemini Posts : 486

Back to top Go down

A Whole New Angle Empty Re: A Whole New Angle

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:47 pm

She had moved from the table with the brightly colored haired witch to another empty one to sit and try to figure things out. Independence, she found, was not as sweet as it was in a world where she hadn't a clue as to what was going on. The unfamiliarity was devouring her nerves whole and even if Marcy knew where the exit from the pub to Amethyst Alley was, she didn't have a clue where she could find all the things that she needed to get from the list crumpled up in her pocket. And so the young witch sat at her table and let her eyes wander over the figures of people, busying themselves with conversation, none of them looking as lost as she felt.

Her mind dedicated to her own personal thoughts, she didn't notice a woman approach until she asked whether or not she could sit there. Marceline turned her wide blue eyes to the woman and sized her up. Agatha always told her not to talk to strangers, especially adults, and here one was who, for all she knew, could be hiding dark intentions beneath her smile and cheerful attire. She shifted awkwardly in her chair. "I'm not supposed to talk to strangers," She told the woman. First she was stuck in a pub, not knowing how to get out and get her school supplies with muggle money that was useless and now she was going to be kidnapped by some stranger. Her first day in the world of wizards and magic was turning out great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:45 pm

Amazing. A child who'd been warned about talking to strangers. Linette had heard of that sort of thing happening but her parents never did it to her. That wasn't to say there were never warnings regarding strangers. It was just the talking one that never came her way. "Well I am stranger than most I suppose," Linette quipped. "Here." She held out her hand. "I'm Linette Puchard, recent graduate of Beaxubatons Academy of Magic. There. Not really a stranger but you know that if I were to offer you sweets or a drink then you should most certainly decline." That was the warning she was familiar with.

Since this girl looked like she might die of fright if Linette dared to sit at the same table as her she decided to continue standing, even after introducing herself. "The thing I need help with is whether or not you've seen a woman who looks a little bit like me only older. It's just that there are so many people in this pub I might have missed her coming back or she missed me or both." Just for added measure and reassurance she added, "and don't think this is a trick to make you follow me outside. I'm not or I would have insisted you come with promises of sweets or books or whatever it is you like the most. There..." She banged a hand on the chair as she thought she caught a glimpse of her mother. ".. oh blast. A look alike."
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Gemini Posts : 486

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum