Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Twisting and Turning

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Twisting and Turning

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Katie walked down the the Quidditch Pitch with a smile on her face, she was so happy that there was in fact a Quidditch Pitch at Beauxbatons, she didn't quite know if they had teams yet, but she was determined to be on one as a Chaser.

Swinging the broomstick so it landed on her shoulder, she carefully made her way into the Pitch, the large field came into view before her eyes. Letting her eyes scan around the slightly misty expanse of space, she frowned when she couldn't see 'Mund anywhere. She had talked to him about it yesterday, in the Great Hall just after dinner. She hoped that he would turn up, it would be nice.

But giving up when she saw nobody there, Katie made her broom hover and she mounted it, swinging one leg over and carefully balancing on the piece of wood. Smiling when she could feel the slight wind start to pick up, the eleven year old zoomed around the Pitch, but staying low to the ground. She might as well at least do something before he turned up...

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisting and Turning

Post by Osmund Hollow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Osmund supposed Katie was alright. After all they had experienced before arriving to school, her helping him out when he got sick to his stomach on the carriage ride over, Osmund deemed her trustworthy. Not long ago had the pair discussed quidditch, ending in Katie offering to teach Osmund a few tricks or so. The boy had accepted nonchalantly, giving a response that had a hint of hope that she'd forget about it in the future, but after dinner one day, the girl had approached him and questioned him. Clearly she hadn't and here Osmund was stuck with saying yes.

She seemed pretty okay at the sport, Osmund thought to himself, watching the red-haired girl fly loops around the quidditch pitch from down below. He had taken care to change out of his uniform, not wanting to get it dirty, and had thrown on a band t-shirt and a pair of jeans. He had borrowed one of the school's brooms, one of the best he could find, not having his own, and then made his way out, spotting the girl almost immediately.

"I'll ignore the fact that you were late if you ignore that I was later," Osmund called to her, in a joking manner. "So Professor 'Atie, what will we be learning today?"

Osmund Earnest Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Hearing someone call to her from the ground, Katie turned her head and noticed that 'Mund had actually turned up, she had a little doubt somewhere in her mind about it. She hoped that they could become friends eventually. But now, it was just Quidditch Lessons.

Flying down to his eyes level, but still on her broom, Katie smiled when she noticed the broom in his hand, "You got a nice broom there 'Mund!" Hovering closer to the ground she jumped off her broom and smoothed out her clothes. Putting the bottom of her broomstick onto the floor and leaning on it. She cast a look to the boy opposite her.

A hint of a smile on her face as she straighten out, remembering that she was here to teach something, not just to talk. "Right," She laughed, continuing on, "First thing is to get the broom to listen to you. Put it on the ground, hold your hand over it and say 'Up!' in a firm voice."

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:06 pm

"Thanks. S'not mine, though." Osmund started, looking back again at the broom that attention had just been brought to. "Maybe if I make the team, father will buy me one of my own." His chest fluttered with the thought. Him writing home with the news that he was good enough to play on the school team and his father responding with a celebratory broomstick of his own. It wasnt even the idea of his own broom that excited him. It was the thought that perhaps his father would be proud of him for once. His mood dropped a bit when he remembered he had yet to get a letter back in response to the one telling his father of his house placement.

Heaving a sigh, Osmund tried to get his head back where it was supposed to be. He was here to practice, not to be dwelling on what could be. "Getting an inanimate object to listen to me? Easy!" Osmund said, with confidence. He rested the broomstick on the ground and hovered his hand above it, like they had been taught in flying class. "Up!" The broomstick rustled around on the ground violently before flying up and knocking Osmund in the face.

"Oi!" His hand flew to his face where the handle of the broom had come into contact. "I'll turn you into a tooth pick if you try that again!"

Osmund Earnest Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:05 pm

"Its not as easy as you might think," Katie said, looking on, "And stop looking so proud!" She said, her head leaning against one end of her broom, her hair that wasn't in a pony tail, brushing across her face, lifting up her head and pushing it out of the way, raising an eyebrow, "But maybe, its always a possibility!"

Katie couldn't hold in her laughter as she watched the dark haired boy try to get the broom to leap in his hands. Leaning on the broomstick which now supported her, her laughter stopped when the piece of wood flew from the floor to the air and smacking him in the face, she winced when the broom fell to the floor and she looked over to him.

"You alright?" She asked, reaching down and picking it up, maybe being a Quidditch Player isn't the best, for you, but if you're okay, we can still learn how to fly."

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Osmund rolled his eyes at Katie's lack of confidence in him. This wasn't the same attitude she had with him in the quidditch shop not too long ago, though maybe that was just her being friendly and her before she knew what Osmund was like. Nonetheless, he was going to prove her wrong and show her how good of a quidditch player he could be.

His hand resting on the spot where the broom collided with his face, feeling the throb in his fibers and rubbing it tenderly, Osmund tried to make eye contact with Katie. He would be alright, he knew that much, though the broom had hit close enough to his nose that it caused tears to form in defense in the eye of the side of the face where it had been contacted. He brushed them aside and got back up, brushing dirt from himself, cussing, and accepting the broom. "Why don't you see me on a broom before you make judgements like that?" Osmund spat at her, in his frustration.

He mounted the broom, gripping tight to the handle, the muscles in his arm completely tense as he looked back to his teacher. "Now what? Kick off?" Osmund asked, then before she could answer, determined to prove himself a decent quidditch player, the boy went ahead and did so. The broom sped with incredible speed so that Oz was thankful for the grip he had on it before take off, though everything was appearing in a blur. He felt his body somersaulting on the broom, completely out of control and didn't notice the end of the broom was facing the ground until he had collided with it and fell off the broom, rolling until he landed facing up towards the sky.

Osmund Earnest Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top