Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

You Frustrate Me

Go down

You Frustrate Me Empty You Frustrate Me

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Rene was hiding out in the student commons quite comfortably.His feet were up on a hassock as he read from Don Quixote. He could hear the girl coming. She consistently frustrated him, she was loud and the fake kind of tough that got right under his skin. However, he was not getting up. He was much too comfortable in the sun hitting the back of his head. He took a deep breath before releasing a sigh. It was irritating that he had to have someone he expected to ruin his happy world of tranquility. His eyes narrowed to the page as he read trying to pretend that it was enjoyable to feel the rush of annoyance gracefully supplied by his upcoming downer.

Back to top Go down

You Frustrate Me Empty Re: You Frustrate Me

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Mabel was a mean child, she loved to ruin someone's mood or make fun of someone. She was a bully, but she didn't really care. If she was ever nice to someone, they were special or she was caught on a good day. The only people that she was nice to were her friends Fane and Stark, she felt sort of protective of Stark for some unknown reason. Of course he could take care of himself but that didn't stop her from having a protective feeling over the boy. Maybe it was because he was her first friend and she wanted to keep him there along with Fane. Fane was a different story, she felt no protective feelings over him yet she still wanted to stay his friend. He was so cocky and rude, but that made him sort of appealing. She was perfectly happy with her two friends and wouldn't trade them for anything.

Today both of her friends were busy but Mabel didn't mind all too much. A girl needed her space and too many boys was never good. It seemed like she couldn't get away from boys when she entered the student commons. A smirk played on her face when she saw her victim, an older boy named Rene. "Why hello there," she said in a fake cheery tone. "Whatcha doing?" She pulled the book from his hands and held it like it was the most disgusting thing she had ever touched. She dropped the book on the ground and smirked. "Oops." Of course she had dropped it on purpose though, she didn't have butter fingers.

She sat down beside the boy and crossed her legs, she would not be moved now. "So, how are you on this fine day, weirdo?" She didn't actually care, she just wanted to bother him. She wanted to break him and make him yell at her or cry, either reaction would be great. "Do you not want me here?" She faked a pout, she didn't think that he didn't like her. Maybe it was just her imagination but she could swear that he liked her or at least thought she was a bit interesting. Not like like as in thinking she was cute (that was gross, boys were gross) but in the 'I secretly want to be friends with you' way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:39 pm

If Rene was being totally honest Mabel was the most amusing person he'd ever met. There was just something about her that made him laugh. He'd known tough people his whole life. He'd grown up in and out of rundown buildings and crappy public muggle schools. He'd grown up on a street corner where he'd seen a woman be mugged on more than one occasion. So, he supposed his level of amusement was on the fact he'd grown up in a world of broke real tough people who were tough so that they could live, and here was this clearly at least moderately wealthy girl being nasty just because she could be. He also found her moderately pretty which just added to his befuddlement over how this girl was trying to be as tough as some of the thugs he'd grown up next to. He looked over at her with a look of mild amusement. "You know, the book you just knocked to the floor is about Don Quixote. Now, that was a man who believed in chivalry and respecting fair maidens. Normally, I'd strive to follow such a regal example, but you're hardly fair and hardly a maiden." He murmured softly. "So, all bets are off here I suppose. I'm doing well, thank you for asking." He responded dryly. "How are you?" He asked genuinely curious. "No, you're fine to stay. You're sparkling personality is making my day that much better."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:53 pm

This boy just wasn't getting it, Mabel was so used to people hiding from her or not liking her at all. But this boy was the opposite, he was snappy back. She rolled her eyes at him when he talked back to her, he was so annoying. But she just wanted a reaction, something that would make her laugh or smile. She wasn't getting that, but she was a bit amused by him. "I'm not a maiden?" Was she supposed to be offended? Was she supposed to cry a river? The remark brought to a smirk to her face, but she fake gasped anyways. "I didn't know I was such a pain."

She snickered while playing with the end of her blonde hair. "Is that all you have to say? Come on, if you're going to insult me at least try to make it good. Try to make it actually hurt my feelings. I bet you can't," she challenged. She wanted to know what he could come up with, she was sure to get a laugh out of it. "Tell me how you feel, I'm all ears." She looked him in the eyes and crossed her arms. "Hit me with your best shot."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:33 pm

Rene's amused smile spread across his lips. It was fun to talk to Mabel, not that he'd ever admit that publicly. Still, he couldn't help it. "Well, you are a maiden. If I am to throw the term around loosely, that is. However, I do not use that term loosely. I use that term extremely seriously. A maiden is a girl you should look at and realize that they are a beacon of not only sophistication, but a beacon of affinity. You are a beacon of something, but affinity is not that." He smiled. "I never said you were a pain. You're more of an inconvenience. Like a broken broom, or having to walk with a cane." He smirked lightly at his own joke. "To be honest you come across as fake tough. Like you're clearly affluent and yet you act like you run the world, but really you just want to try to prove to yourself that you aren't like your sisters or like your background. You also seem like someone who could be a good person, but you're trying so hard to be tough that it is ruining who you could be."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:30 pm

Mabel wasn't amused nor was she upset, she wasn't sure what to feel. This boy had some courage to tell her these things, but she didn't respect him like she respected Stark. This kid was nothing like her friend, she liked Stark more. This boy was just...she couldn't quite explain what bothered her about the boy. She clapped slowly, three claps. One clap, two clap, three clap. "Why thank you, Mr. Better Than Everyone Else." It seemed like whatever Mabel had to say, he didn't have a reaction back. She had to get to him, she just had to. "I'm an inconvenience? Really? At least I have friends, I've seen you around, you're alone most of the time. An inconvenience wouldn't have friends, no one would like an inconvenience. People like me, granted there's only two."

"Fake tough?" She laughed coldly, she was not a fake. She was not pretending to tough, she was tough. She could handle herself. "Let's get one thing straight, kay?" She glared. "You don't know me. Just because you know my sister and maybe you've talked about me to her, I don't know if you have or not, does not mean you know me. I'm not a good person and I never will be. So deal with it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum