Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Getting Your Letter

+31
Jakob Hayes
Wynter Ashley
Madeline Puchard
Zach Branson
Minnie Puchard
Hanna Thorsdóttir
Anthony Hayes
Rajan Ashley
Reese Hayes
Andrea Ritter
Ursula Valdez
Stephanie Vargas
Garnet Hayes
Max Wolfe
Aidan De Gaule
Apollo Kronidis
Katherine Hayle
Jonas Winchester
Isobel Green
Kayla Miller
Gregory Bell
Julie-Pierre Krischstein
Autumn Krischstein
Lucie Banken
Malachi St. Holmes
Harley Fenwick
Ryan Green
Quentin D'Angelo
Linette Puchard
Osmund Hollow
Minister Asgard
35 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Getting Your Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting Your Letter

Post by Rajan Ashley Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:00 pm

Things were quiet in the Ashley house, his parents were probably out and his siblings were possibly out as well. He was used to be at home alone and this didn't bother him one bit. The only thing that bothered him was the fact that he had to go downstairs and tell the maid to cook his breakfast instead of his mother telling her to do it and it already be prepared for him. It was so difficult being him. So he got up from his huge bed that was filled with pillows that he didn't need and pulled on his robe. He tied it around his slender body before sliding his feet into his favorite pair of slippers. He couldn't be bothered to brush his hair or worry about it, that was for Juliet to worry about once he was done with his breakfast.

Raj didn't play well with others so a nanny was hired to give him the attention he deserved without involving any children. Juliet was nice and did whatever Raj wanted, if he wanted ice cream for lunch then she delivered. It was probably because she feared for her job but he wanted to believe it was because she liked him and wanted him happy. Deep down he knew that wasn't the case and she just feared his parents, but he didn't mind that too much. She was his third nanny and he hoped she was his last, he liked this one.

The young boy threw open the doors to his room, making as much noise as he possibly could. "I DEMAND MY BREAKFAST!" he shrieked before making his way down the spiral stairs that lead to the "family" room. The room was never used and it turned into a room where Raj kept all of his video games (which he didn't play but yelled when anyone touched them). "BREAKFAST!" he said again as a reminder. He could hear commotion coming from the kitchen and knew the cooks were hurrying to satisfy him. He quickly made his way through the room and into the kitchen. He took a seat at his spot, the chair had his name on it. Instead of breakfast being there, there was a letter instead.

"What is this?" he said more to himself than the staff working the kitchen.

"It was waiting for you, sir. Thought your parents had left it for you," said one of the maids that he couldn't remember the name of. Raj quickly opened the letter and read what was inside. This had to be a joke that one of his siblings had played on him. But he still imagined what would happen if this was real.

Application Accepted

Rajan Ashley
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Hayes Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Anthony had to admit, he was proud of his youngest brother. And while he wouldn't receive a letter this coming year, he could remember the day he got his.

"Good practice, son! You'll make the quidditch team this year for sure!" Anthony's dad said, smiling at the boy.

Anthony had been practicing being a keeper today, and he had to admit, he kind of liked it. Not as much as he liked being a chaser, but he still liked it. "I haven't even been accepted, Dad," he replied.

"You will, Tony. Soon."

Anthony shook his head, not really believing him.

Suddenly, his mother opened the back door. She and his youngest brother stuck their heads out. "Boys, come inside! It's time for breakfast!"

"Moving, Mom!" Anthony said, running to the door, leaning his broom against the house on the way.

"Oh, Anthony, you have mail, too," his mother said, handing him a blue envelope as he passed.

"Thanks, Mom!" he said, continuing to the table. He sat down next to his brother, Jakob, and tore the paper open. "Oh. I got accepted," the eleven-year-old said, before setting it down to eat. His parents probably already knew. After all, they had each gotten their own acceptance letter many years ago. He couldn't imagine they'd be much different than they were then.

Post Accepted
Anthony Hayes
Anthony Hayes
Adult
Adult

Taurus Posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna Thorsdóttir Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:30 pm

In the bright Saturday afternoon light, Hanna sat at the kitchen table with a small blue envelope, with no questions as to where it was from. Her mother had already retreated to the living room to let her open it herself. She wanted desperately to tear it open and find out what the verdict was. Her father appeared in the doorway behind her. “Fara á undan (Go ahead)” he said quietly as one of her mother's tapes played in the background. She reached for the small letter opener on her desk, a gift from her aunt. With a satisfying rip and a motion of papers, she looked inside. The beat of the old song in the background met the pounding of her heart as she pulled out the contents, some of which scattered on to the floor. “Hanna Thorsdóttir, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Beauxbatons Academy of Magic.” read the first line of the letter. Her face melted into pure joy as she read the letter detailing where she had to be, and when. The fear of being shoved into a backwater Icelandic school peeled away as she read the scholarship information. She knew that her family was never rich, but she wasn't going to worry about that just yet, now was a time for celebration, and, in a way only a child can, she blocked out all thought of money and focused on how awesome her life was about to get.

Posted Accepted
Hanna Thorsdóttir
Hanna Thorsdóttir
Adult
Adult

Getting Your Letter - Page 2 Prefect_zpsdwlylkec

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnie Puchard Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:59 pm

Minnie laid on her back on the lounge room floor reading a book.  Not just any book.  It was the book which gave her mother the inspiration for Minnie's proper name.  The most despised name in all France.  Her face showed various contortions the more she read.  Finally her arms grew tired from holding it up and she lay down on her chest as she mulled over the awful story she'd been reading.  "Maman's got strange ideas about what makes a good book," she remarked to her grandmother.  The older witch looked up from a copy of Witch Weekly and gave her a sympathetic smile. "I did try to warn her but your mother was far too insistent."  That was what Minnie loved about Grand-mere. She always understood what she really meant.  

The elven year sat up and pushed herself up off the ground before sitting next to her grandmother on the sofa.  "Grand-mere when do you think my letter will get here?" Grand-mere chuckled.  "Patience my child. It'll get here soon enough."  Minnie shrugged and leaned over to see what her grandmother was reading.  "What's Maman written about today. Something dull which she'll complain about or one of her interesting thrillers?"

Grand-mere laughed. "Go find your own paper to read child.  There're plenty here."  Minnie grumbled and pushed herself up off the chair.  She walked over to the window and let out a squeak. "Grand-mere an owl's coming."  Minnie could hardly contain her excitement as the owl landed on the window sill with the letter in her beak.  "Thank you so much."  

With the owl gone Minnie was left holding a letter with the Beauxbatons crest in the corner.  "Drat it all. Grand-mere they called me Mignon."

Post Accepted
Minnie Puchard
Minnie Puchard
Adult
Adult

Libra Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach Branson Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Zach was enjoying his time buy walking though the woods behind his house. He went to climb in his tree house he made back there and just lay up there and message his friends. As he laid there he got a message from his friend. his friend Brian asked " Hey man! I know you said there was some sort of wizarding school you tried to apply for. Have you heard anything back???" Right after his friend asked him that a owl went "whooo!" Zach didn't think anything of it because he always hears owls in the woods.

He laid there on the wooden floor messaged his friend back saying "I don't know... I doubt they will accept me, but i really hope they do!" The owl let out another "Whoooo!!" this time even closer...this time it was closer than last. Zach got off the floor and looked out the window to see if he could find the owl that made the noise. As he stared out the window he seen an owl flying about and wondering, "What's that in its mouth?" It was a small object in his mouth with a tan color. then as Zach watched the owl kept getting closer and closer! he backed away from the window in hopes the owl doesn't hit him! After he laid down on the floor preparing for the owl to fly right though the tree house, he got up and looked at the same window with the owl sitting there.

He seen what seemed to be an envelope in his mouth and then he slowly approached the owl and he then took the envelope and seen with a wax stamp what looked a lot like the school he applied to on it. He opened it and he begun to read it. "Beauxbatons school of Witchcraft and Wizardry" He stood there in shock as he really didn't think it could be from them! he continued to read the letter: "Here at Beauxbatons we are glad to say we would be glad to have you at are school of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" He stood in his treehouse mouth wide open taking it all in and then ran down the latter of his treehouse and raced home.

When he got home he screamed "Mom!!! Dad!!! I got accepted!!!" He was practically jumping for joy as he was so excited about the news. his mother replied with " that's wonderful dear!" and scooped him up and hugged him. He then said "dad isn't that great?" his dad just gave a blank stare and said "Great just what we needed are son becoming a Wizard...." the excitement begun to die in Zach and he asked "What? Why?" "Because I don't want no son of mine to go to some damn school that is gonna get his hopes up that all of that is real!" His father said. Zach then ran off to his room crying because of his dad's disapproval.  

Later on he could hear his mom and dad arguing in the middle of the night and he didn't want no part of it so he went back to sleep... He was suddenly woke up by his mom who came in and asked how he is. "I'm alright" he said and his mom then said "good... because I promise you, you will get to go there no matter what your father said." He then hugged her and said "Thank you mom! Thank you so much!"

Post Accepted
Zach Branson
Zach Branson
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Getting Your Letter - Page 2 Prefect_zpsdwlylkec

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Puchard Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:17 am

Madi sat at the kitchen table as her mother cooked lunch, reading her mother's fashion magazines. Well, not really reading. She much preferred looking at all the shiny images and pretended she was wearing the outfits. There were so many pretty things. Madi wanted them all, especially the pretty purple dress she was looking at currently. "Ma, I want this," she said.

Her mother stepped away from the stove, to look over her daughter shoulder. "Madeline, that is a bridesmaid dress. You won't be wearing one of those for many years, if at all."

Madi huffed. "Minnie will let me be her bridesmaid, Ma!"

Her mother laughed. "Sure," she answered before kissing the top of her head. Camille returned to the stove and resumed her cooking.

Suddenly, a loud squawk sounded from outside the window. Madi giggled, then hopped up to open the window for the owl. "Hello!" she greeted after sliding the window open. "Thank you for the mail, Mrs. Owl!"

Madi looked at the envelopes. They looked like bills, except for one envelope. It was prettier than the others. She didn't look at the name on the blue envelope, she just tore it open. "Miss Madeline Puchard," she read aloud, "Oh! Ma! That's me! This must be my letter! Like the one Minnie got!"

Post Accepted
Madeline Puchard
Madeline Puchard
Adult
Adult

Aquarius Posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynter Ashley Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:50 pm

Wynter had been waiting for what seemed like ages to finally turn eleven. She couldn't wait to go to the school that her father had gone to and couldn't wait to do the things he had done. She wasn't entirely sure if quidditch was something she wanted to do, but it was in her blood and would probably come naturally to her if she tried. She didn't know much about her mother, just the things his dad would tell her and what she had found out from his old year books. But when she had first seen a picture of her mom, there was no doubt in her mind that she was hers. They looked so much alike, like she was a mini Harley. Sometimes she wished her hair was brown and that she looked more like her dad, that way she wouldn't be reminded so much that her mom had left her when she was just a baby. But what was done was done and there was no changing the past.

She was happy with her family and wouldn't change a thing. Sometimes she wished she knew her mom but most of the time, she was just happy to have her father. She was still getting used to her new mother even though she had known her for most of her life, she knew she wasn't her real mom. She got along with her most of the time and if she didn't, she'd always go to her daddy.

It was way too early for Wynter to even be awake but yet there she was, sitting at the kitchen table with pancakes in front of her. She was supposed to be asleep but was woken up because "there was good news". Why couldn't that good news wait until it was about noon? Wynter let out a long dramatic yawn just to show how unhappy she was to be awake at nine in the morning.

"Good news," her father spoke, ignoring his daughter's yawn. "I will be taking you to get your school supplies today." He grinned brightly at his daughter and slid an unopened letter across the table to his daughter.

She knew without a doubt that she was going to be accepted into Beauxbatons, but she was still super excited to start. She couldn't wait, she was going to make so many friends and be just like her dad. "Yes!" Her pancakes could wait, she thought as she opened up her acceptance letter.

Post Accepted
Wynter Ashley
Wynter Ashley
Adult
Adult

Taurus Posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakob Hayes Thu May 12, 2016 1:05 am

Jakob didn't like to dwell on the past and always looked towards the future. He hoped to someday be a famous quidditch player and win tons of trophies like his father had, he wanted to be just like his father. He had his future planned out and he planned to succeed and carry out his dreams and goals. He thought back to when he had gotten accepted into Beauxbatons and how excited he had been to join the quidditch team.

Anthony had recently been accepted into Beaxbatons and soon the day for Jakob's letter to come was approaching. He was getting more and more anxious as the days passed, he just knew that his letter was going to come any day now and he wouldn't have to stress anymore. One of the first things he was going to do was try out for quidditch, it was is dream to become as famous as his father.

He walked up and down the hallway day after day each morning before the mail came. To keep his mind off of it, he practiced his athletic abilities by throwing balls, exercising, and other things to keep him occupied. He was so focused on his goals and he would be crushed if he didn't get accepted into the school that had once been the home of his parents.

One day, after doing his daily work out, Jakob walked into their kitchen to grab a glass of water. He expected for everything to be normal in his kitchen but when he walked into the room, the first thing he noticed was his family's owl on top of their fridge. In its beak was a powder blue envelope, his letter. "Give me it!" he shouted at his bird. He pulled up a chair and climbed on it to pull the letter from the owl's mouth. It ripped a little when he did but he could care less. He quickly ripped open the letter, he had been accepted and nothing was going to stop him.

Post Accepted
Jakob Hayes
Jakob Hayes
Adult
Adult

Capricorn Posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryder Green Sun May 15, 2016 8:49 pm

Ryder had dedicated this summer to being as lazy as possible, which meant sleeping as much as possible. He knew he was going to get accepted to Beauxbatons like his entire family and he knew he was just going to be sleep deprived the whole year. The boy needed to make up for all of that now. Even though his mother insisted that his logic made no sense.

He yawned and rolled over. It was two thirty, according to his clock. He groaned. It was too late to go back to bed and he was kind of hungry. Ryder swung his legs over the edge of his bed and forced himself up. A wave of dizziness crashed over him, forcing him to sit until the swirling feeling passed.

When he could finally see straight, he stood up again and walked towards his door. There was a little blue envelope that had obviously been slid underneath at some point while he slept. He yawned, ran a hand through his dark, curly hair, then bent down to pick it up.

Mr. Ryder Green, 1524 Serpentine Wind, it read, as well as the rest of his home address. He tore it open with shaky fingers and pulled the letter out. The corners of his mouth turned up into a smirk. Even though he was expecting it, he was still kind of excited. Well, excited to tell his cousin.

Post Accepted
Ryder Green
Ryder Green
Adult
Adult

Pisces Posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Rose Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:52 pm

Benjamin hadn't known he was a wizard and didn't know much about his birth family. He didn't know where he came from or where his wizarding blood came from, if it had come from someone. He knew about muggle borns and maybe he was one of those, but he liked to think one or both of his birth parents were magical. It had come to a shock to his family when weird things began to happen and they revolved around Benjamin. His parents knew something was up but didn't know what.

Ben recalled getting his letter when he was eleven and how it had shocked his entire family. A representative of Beauxbations had visited their home as soon as he read over the letter, like their knew he had just read it, and explained everything to him and his family.

That had been the best summer of his life.

Post Accepted
Benjamin Rose
Benjamin Rose
Adult
Adult

Gemini Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Isadora Molinero Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:17 pm

Isadora lay on her bed, doodling in her poetry journal. She hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night; how could she after all the excitement? She'd managed to sneak through the complicated charms on the house and made it all the way to the party with her Muggle friends. True, her plan to sneak back in unnoticed had gone astray, but still. Dora was feeling rather proud of herself until a sharp rapping on the door interrupted her thoughts. Her father's face was flushed with anger as he ordered her to follow him downstairs.

"Sit here," her father snapped, pointing at the dining room chair that had been dragged into the living room. It stood out in stark contrast to the ornate armchairs.

"Cross your ankles!" snapped her mother. She directed the order at Isadora's chin, as she had found it increasingly difficult to look at her daughter directly after the hair highlights (which she had attempted to Transfigure back to normal to no avail).

Isadora was sorely tempted to remind her mother that yelling and rudeness were also unladylike manners, but she bit her tongue and obliged.

Her father narrowed her eyes at her. "What were you doing last night with the Muggles?"

"Having tea," Isadora answered unconvincingly.

"Young lady, we told you not to lie to us." Her mother's voice raised warningly.

"Well, it's the truth. Why don't you go ask them yourself?" Isadora retorted, crossing her arms. Her words had the desired effect; her mother's face noticeably blanched at the idea of approaching such "inferior creatures". It was as if someone had suggested she eat mud. Before she could raise her voice again, her father waved her off.

"Isadora, your mother and I have decided that we have had enough. You will attend Beauxbatons Academy starting this term. Your mother and I have already written the headmaster." Her father extracted a light blue envelope from his robes, handing it to her.

She glanced at the writing, Miss Isadora Molinaro...
She looked up at her parents' watchful faces. Dora forced herself to appear unaffected, lest they decided it wasn't punishment enough. "Why?"

"You know your mother and I believe that some of Beauxbatons' ways are rather...backwards...but we believe it is the best alternative seeing as homeschool hasn't worked," her father spoke disapprovingly. As if it were her fault she didn't fancy being shut up inside the crazyhouse all day.

"And it's much better than sending you off to some Muggle school," her mother spoke sharply, drawing herself up haughtily. "Perhaps you will even find a proper suitor at Beauxbatons."

Before Isadora could get out a "Fat chance", her father cut her off. "We're taking you to buy school supplies at noon. Be here, dressed appropriately." He jerked his head at her ripped jeans and T-shirt from the night before.

Isadora walked back up the stairs slowly, mind buzzing. I'm going to Beauxbatons Academy. I'm getting away from here. She couldn't decide whether to feel excited or unhappy. Above all, she was curious. She felt a pang of sadness for leaving her Muggle friends, but she hadn't been close to any of them anyway. She hoped Beauxbatons had good parties.

Post Accepted
Isadora Molinero
Isadora Molinero
Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Rudy barely had any memory of before he was adopted by his parents. He had been so young when he had won over the hearts of his dads. He had grown a special bond with his Papa, Caleb. Rudy loved to follow Caleb around and act just like him, he was just like his shadow. Rudy was one of the first people that tasted the candies that his papa created. Sawyer always told Caleb that he had a new shadow and that Rudy was just a mini version of him.

Rudy loved to sleep in but lately, he got up early to so he'd be awake when his letter came. It was supposed to come any day now, and as the days went by, Rudy became more and more anxious. He knew that he would be getting a letter soon but he was beginning to doubt himself. What if he wasn't accepted into Beauxbatons like the other members of his family? What if he was the outcast?

Rudy was a growing boy and could eat more than twice his size of food. As he worked on his second bowl of cereal, the family owl poked his head through the window. In its mouth was a powder blue envelope. Rudy dropped his spoon into his bowl and ran over to the window. "It came! It came!"

Post Accepted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Carder Sun May 07, 2017 9:25 am

"Is it here yet, Tum?" Hannah yelled, coming down the hallway into the kitchen. She had been reading a book for most of the day, but it was almost one and their owl would be in. Today was the day. She stopped in the archway and smiled expectantly.

"Not yet, Hannah," the healer told her enthusiastic eleven-year-old sister with a warm smile. Autumn walked to her and smoothed her hair. Hannah shook it out again. She liked her blonde hair messy. "It'll be here, though."

Hannah had long dreamed of the day she would get to go to magic school like her older sisters and brother-in-law and her late father. She wasn't sure what she wanted to be in the magic world, but she knew it started at Beauxbatons.

She sighed loudly. "Why isn't it here yet? It should be here by now."

Her older sister giggled at Hannah's impatience. "The mail will be here soon. Give it some time."

She slumped into her wobbly kitchen chair and sighed again. Her arms crossed tightly across her chest when Autumn sat her sandwich in front of her. "I can't eat until I get my letter," she pouted.

Autumn shrugged. "You can wait if you like."

Just then, their family owl flew in through their window. Hannah clearly saw the light blue envelope. "Yes!" she exclaimed. "I'm going to magic school like you and Marli!"

Post Accepted
Hannah Carder
Hannah Carder
Fourth Year
Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 07, 2017 10:15 pm

Leo thought back to when he had received his letter. He was feeling a bit homesick and really missed his mother and brothers. He made a note to write them a letter after his classes.

It had been an early morning and Leo was busily cooking pancakes for him and his brothers. A note of left on the fridge by their mother saying that she was going to be working all day and not to leave the apartment. He and his brothers knew the rules and always followed them. If they ever left their small apartment, they called their mom at her work and asked for her permission. Her boss knew the boys fairly well and was okay with them calling in and asking for her. The only place they were allowed to go without their mother was the park.

"Matthew! Nicholas! Breakfast!" he called to his brothers. They lived in a two bedroom apartment so the three boys shared a room. Leo had been careful not to wake his brothers when he got up to make breakfast. Several minutes passed and his brothers remained in their room. "Get your butts out here before your food gets cold!"

Finally, his brothers exited the room and entered the kitchen. "Hands," Leo ordered as he set plates of pancakes on their small table. His brothers did what they were told and washed their hands before sitting down and enjoying their meal.

The meal was cut a bit short when a strange tapping began. "Look!" Nicholas pointed at an owl at their window. It appeared to have something in its beak. Leo quickly leaps from his seat and opened the window. The owl rested on the winder sill but didn't enter. It dropped whatever it was holding onto the floor and Leo quickly grabbed it.

"It's for me?" He ran his fingers over his name and quickly turned it over to open it.

He had been so nervous to begin wizarding school. He had thought it was a prank or something, but when a professor from the school showed up to introduce themselves to him and his mother, he knew it was real. He didn't want to leave his mother to take care of his brothers but she urged him to go. She had said she was going to hire a babysitter and talk to her boss about her hours. He had felt incredibly guilty that his mother had to do these things just so he could attend a school overseas. But he was thankful that she had.

Post Accepted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:43 pm

It was a cloudy July weekend when Gilroy received his letter in the mail. Martha, Gilroys mother, was standing in the doorway to Gilroys room when she had him look out the window. Gilroy climbed out of his bed, walked towards the window and rolled up the blinds. To his surprise there was a snowy white owl birched on top of his mailbox. Gilroy looked confused as to why there was a woodland creature far from its home. Martha began to explain to Gilroy that Beauxbatons was a French Wizarding school and that he has been accepted. To his knowledge, wizards were always fictional and made no sense in the real world. Martha explained that Becky's mother and father were students at Beauxbatons and have their own respective careers in the wizarding world. Confused and enlightened Gilroy had a flood of emotions course through him, excited to know that what he considered fantasy was now a reality. Becky entered the room shortly after with the letter in hand and began reading aloud for the young boy to hear. "Mister Finnegan, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. Please report to the flying carriages in Paris,  France on September 1st. We are are excited to help you in your magical journey through education." Filled with joy, Gilroy began thinking about all the necessities he would need for his first year.

Post Accepted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2