Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Unforgettable Lesson of the Unforgivables

Go down

Unforgettable Lesson of the Unforgivables Empty Unforgettable Lesson of the Unforgivables

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Defense Against the Dark Arts was not Paige's favorite class but she had to admit that it was an important one. If you were going to teach children magic you had to teach them how to defend themselves again said magic. Te first three years they had learned things like how to fight many magical creatures such as pixies, grindylows, and boggarts. The blonde had gotten used to defensive spells against creatures mostly that she didn't expect today's lesson. Professor Cox made it clear before even starting the lesson that no one was to use these spells today, this got a round of groans and sighs from the class. That meant that today's lesson was simply an all theory lesson, and those were always the worst.

This reaction was before they heard what they were learning. Today these fourth years were going to learn of the three unforgivable curses. Many students didn't know what those were and looked confused. Paige didn't know a lot about them but she knew one was a death spell and the other was used for torture or something like that. No one seemed upset about not using these in class anymore, even Professor Cox assured them he wasn't going to be demonstrating them. Before he officially started the lesson another professor came to the door and asked to speak with him in the corridor. Once he closed the door behind him everyone started chattering. Paige turned to the person at her table today and asked, "I didn't know they taught these to fourth years, those are insane. Shoul they really be teaching us those?" She knew it was probably good to know what their incantation was and how to possible defend yourself against one if someone used one on you, but they were fourteen those seemed like higher level lesson topics.

Back to top Go down

Unforgettable Lesson of the Unforgivables Empty Re: Unforgettable Lesson of the Unforgivables

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Adela walked into her Defense Against the Dark Arts class and sat down next to a girl who she sometimes talked to, but wasn't really close with. "Hello" She said cheerfully. "Any idea what we are learning about today?" Before the girl could answer her question, Professor Cox walked to where he normally stood when beginning class, meaning for everyone to take their seats and be quiet. He explained that they weren't using spells today, which usually just meant they were learning a boring theory lesson. However, there seemed to be a strange, dark look on his face for some reason. It turned out that they were learning about the three unforgivable curses. Adela remembered when her boyfriend, but just friend of the time, took the class last year and told her about the lesson. He was in a very dark mood that day when he told her about it. The girl began to get knots in her stomach as the professor stepped outside to talk to another professor.

"I found out last year that they taught this lesson to fourth years. My boyfriend learned it then and told me a little about it. I've been dreading the day we'd have to learn it ever since. At this point, I just want to get it over with."

Back to top Go down