Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Feels Like War

Go down

Feels Like War Empty Feels Like War

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:58 pm

When Mabel asked her father for a new broom over the summer and told him that she was going to tryout for Quidditch in her third year, her father was more than happy to buy her the broom she desired. Mabel didn't like the sport all too much but she liked the fact that beaters could hit other players with balls. It was a good excuse to hit someone. She had to wait til next year because both beater positions were taken and one would be available next year. Her father spoiled her with all the things she would need for the position.

She got a bludger from the school's broom closet and made she way to the pitch. She had her broom, her bat, and a bludger. She was all set to practice and improve her skills. She threw the bludger up in the air then kicked off the ground on her broom. Once in the air, she hit the bludger with all her might. She was going to like this game.

Back to top Go down

Feels Like War Empty Re: Feels Like War

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:40 am

Fiona knew about Mabel and her new broom and quite frankly was extremely curious as to why she would want to suddenly play quidditch. No one in their family, besides Patrick, was overly athletic. Therefore this sudden interest in Quidditch made Fiona a little on the suspicious side. She decided it was high time she spied on her younger sister.

It was downright odd to be going to the Quidditch pitch at any time other than one of the matches. Usually because she liked to support her cousin in his role as announcer. However, she normally ended up switching off and turned to finding ways to freak out the people sitting around her. She had plenty of pranks in her pockets now thanks to a successful raid of Pandora's Box during the summer.

She sat down on the hard bench in the stands and watched her sister up in the air hitting a bludger. Why had she come here? It was boring. Then she sat up and yelled, "MABEL. YOU HIT THAT POOR BIRD. GRACE WILL KILL YOU FOR THAT. WATCH OUT. YOU'RE GONNA RUN INTO THE HOOPS. DON'T HIT IT THAT WAY. MABEL YOU..." She had to stop and cough. All that yelling had dried out her throat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:50 am

It was her first time hit a bludger around so of course she wasn't all that good. But that's what practice was for. She was determined to get better and join the quidditch team. Granted she did hit a bird, she was still doing pretty well. Until her sister decided to start yelling at her. Mabel hadn't noticed the girl and was caught off guard, she accidentally sent a bludger towards her sister. "WATCH OUT!" She warned Fiona as the bludger was getting closer to her. She had to do something, right? Maybe she didn't. Why should she? Fiona and her never got along but she would only get in trouble if she didn't stop the bludger.

She zoomed down as fast as she could and hit the ball away before it could make contact with her sister. "Next time don't scare me and a bludger wouldn't be coming your way." The ball was now going the opposite way. "Now, if you'll excuse me I'm practicing." She zoomed after the ball that almost hit her sister. She would have loved to see that but she did the right thing, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:03 am

Fiona ducked as the bludger came right at her. "Boy Mabel," she called once the danger had past. "I knew you felt violent toward me but I never expect you to take it that far." Going by the way Mabel had acted Fiona was certain it had been completely unintended but this was too good an opportunity for Fiona to not tease her sister.

"NEVER MIND ME," she yelled. "I'LL JUST YELL ENCOURAGING WORDS FROM HERE." Fiona sat back again prepared to be bored. Her sister was, after all, hitting bludgers all by herself. Why was Mabel practising Quidditch? Fiona knew one of the current beaters was graduating at the end of the year. Did Mabel want to take his place? Odd considering if there'd been one thing they'd had in common other than their family it was their feelings about the game and sport in general. She straightened up again and stood. "MABEL DON'T YOU NEED SOMEONE TO HIT THE BLUDGERS BACK YOUR WAY?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:31 pm

"Next time it will be on purpose," she warned. She needed to focus on practicing and not her annoying sister. She needed to get good so she'd be able to try out and make the team. She couldn't let Fiona distract her from getting things done. Don't let her distract you. Of course practicing would have been easier if someone would practice with her but she didn't like people all too much and no one really liked her.

"GO AWAY FIONA!" She called back. Was she trying to rub it in that no one really liked Mabel? She hadn't brought it up with her friends that she was trying out for quidditch and neither one of them would be interested in the sport. At least Mabel didn't want to ask them to help her. "DO YOU SEE ANYONE HERE TO HIT BLUDGERS WITH ME?" She just wished her sister would shut up and let her improve her skills. "NOW GO AWAY!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:10 am

"It wasn't on purpose this time?" Fiona asked with feigned surprise. This was a dangerous game, teasing a bat wielding Mabel. However, as far as Fiona could tell, her aim was so bad, there was no danger of being hit by the iron ball unless it was by accident. Therefore she felt no need to curb her tongue.

"I'M HERE," Fiona called back recklessly. She had no intention of hitting bludgers around a pitch and could barely stay straight on her broom. Adding a bat in her hand and she could be downright dangerous flying into anything and dropping her bat on people's heads. Hitting the actual ball at anyone though was not one of those dangers. "AND I'M NOT LEAVING." She sat back down and crossed her arms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:02 pm

"YOU'RE JUST BEING ANNOYING! IF YOU'RE GOING TO STAY, AT LEAST GET ON A BROOM AND HELP ME!" She was not in the mood to listen to her sister make fun of her. She zoomed after the bludger and hit it once again. It would have been better to have someone practice with her, but she was doing good on her own. But she wanted to be great, maybe even better than great. Amazing?

She zoomed after the bludger and hit it again and again. It was pretty tiring and she had to take a break. She zoomed back over to her sister. What was she doing here anyways? Did she really not have a life and had to watch her practice? "What are you doing here? You don't even like quidditch."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:40 pm

August was a clumsy boy and had trouble walking on his own two feet. His flying skills weren't the best either. He had thought about improving his skills so that was what he was going to do. He grabbed a school broom from the broom closet and walked slowly to the field. He wasn't surprised that there was already someone else there, a girl was hitting a bludger back and forth.

Gus decided it would be best to wait for her to finish. When it seemed like she was, he walked over to her and a familiar face. "Hey Fiona," August grinned. "I wanted to know if you'd like someone to practice with? I'd need to get a bat though." His attention turned to the other girl, who he didn't know. "We could all fly together! I can hardly stay on my broom so I came to practice."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Who did this boy think he was? Like hell Mabel was going to let someone who could barely stay on their broom fly with her. The boy seemed to know her sister, maybe they were friends. A smirk played on her face, maybe she should let him hang out with her. Fiona already didn't seem to like the fact that Fane and Mabel were friends and if this boy was Fiona's friend, maybe she'd get a good reaction out of the girl.

"Of course you can fly with us, isn't that right Fiona? Oh wait, you have no broom to fly. I'd be happy to take the boy flying." She put her hand on the boy's shoulder and smiled up at him. "I'm Mabel. Are you my sister's friend?" She looked over at Fiona and smirked. "You should work on keeping your friends to yourself, I keep stealing them."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Fiona shook her head. "That requires going to the sheds and getting a school broom." With Mabel hitting bludgers all over the place Fiona was sure to be in more danger up in the air than she was in the stands. At least there she had less of a distance to fall.

"Nor do you," she returned, "so I had to see why you were here." Sisters could be so odd and confusing doing things which they were not supposed to like. Things got even more strange for Fiona when August turned up and Mabel decided to turn her charms on him. Fiona had never seen her sister be nice to anyone before and her eyes practically fell out of her head as she watched her sister place her hand on his shoulder.

"Better be careful," she muttered to August. "She's got sharp teeth and a sharper tongue." In a louder voice she added, "I could get a broom from the shed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:14 pm

"I'm August. Friends call me Gus," he grinned at the girl. She seemed to be in a good mood and was very nice. "Thanks for letting me join you, you're too kind." He raised an eyebrow at Fiona's warning and whispered back, "She seems nice though." He wasn't sure what to think about the younger girl, he was getting mixed feelings about her.

"You should join us, Fiona. It'll be fun. I could go get you a broom if you'd like. This broom came from the school, I'll just give you this one and I'll go get another." He handed the broom to the girl and went off to get another. He picked a good looking broom and went back to the field. "Let's fly!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:51 pm

"Well, Gus, I'd be delighted for you to join me." Mabel grinned wickedly at her sister. "I'm glad you can join us, Fiona. It wouldn't be the same without you, Sis," she faked a cheery voice. Being nice made her want to puke, how could someone be nice all the time? Once August was out of view, Mabel's grin fell. It was tough work trying to steal Fiona's friends away from her. "I'm gonna try out for quidditch because I can." She wanted to hit someone with a bludger and not get in trouble.

Once August was back, Mabel faked a grin once more. "Well, see you guys in the sky." She got on her broom and kicked off the ground. When she was in the air, she waved down to Gus. "Hurry up slow poke!" Ugh, it was so tough to be cheerful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:22 am

"Yes," she replied in a low voice, "a little too nice." Mabel was up to something and it was more than just get onto the quidditch team. Something which did not add up in Fiona's mind. Mabel was a dancer. Not a quidditch player. With August gone to get another broom Mabel was back to the way she should be and Fiona grinned. "Well then I guess you can do that can't you. Let's hope you hit Cerisier players rather than birds if you are successful."

With the broom Gus had handed her Fiona could see no way out of flying today. "Just be very careful around her," Fiona warned, "she's up to something." With those words out she pushed off the ground after her sister and tried not to think about how high off the ground she really was. Climbing trees held none of the fears flying on a stick of wood did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Were sisters always this confusing? Maybe it was a good thing August was an only child, it did get lonely sometimes though. Gus just shrugged his shoulders and kicked off the ground. He gripped his broom tightly and refused to look down. When he looked down, he got nervous and when he got nervous, he got off balance. He sighed and slowly made his way closer to his friends.

"Um, now that we're up here, what do you guys wanna do?" He was nervous and his voice shook a bit, he tried to cover it up by clearing his throat. Why did he decide to do this again? He was terrible at flying and he didn't want to spend the day in the infirmary. He put on a brave face so it didn't look like he was actually freaking out on the inside. He had to admit that the breeze felt nice against his cheeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Mabel kicked up off the ground and turned to her companions. "Enjoying the view from up here?" She smirked at her sister who looked like she wanted to be anywhere but there. "You could have said no, Fiona. But you're too good of a friend to say no, huh?"

"Let's race!" Fiona and August weren't good on their brooms so winning was in the bag for Mabel. "Unless you guys are chicken. First one to the end of the field and back wins." She eyed both of them, looking back and forth between them. "No winners, just a nice clean race." Of course, Mabel was going to win, she was good on a broom. "What do you two say? Up for a challenge? It'll help you keep you balance, Gus."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:15 am

Fiona was glad to hear she wasn't the only one up there who was nervous. She had a death grip on the handle of her broom and wondered how she was supposed to get back down to the ground again without falling. Why hadn't she left her sister alone? This was worse than the worst thing in the world. Okay. Maybe not that bad but it was bad enough that she wished she was able to apparate herself to the ground.

"There's nothing wrong with being a good friend," she managed to say whilst trying not to breath to hard just in case she unbalanced herself. "Race. Okay. I'll race." In her own head she added, the slowest wins. Yeah. That'd be it. She was bound to win. Fiona glanced over at August. There might be a little competition for last place with him. Fiona didn't believe for a second that Mabel's claim about no winners was true. She wouldn't have suggested a race if there was to be no winner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Racing didn't sound like a very good idea to August, but how was he supposed to get better if he didn't try. So, he gave the girl a nod and tried to guess the distance to the end of the field. Whatever you do, don't look down. It doesn't look like that far of a fly, right? "We could race," he said in a small voice, he was unsure of himself and if he could stay on his broom. He looked over at Fiona and gave her a weak smile. "Slow and steady wins the race, remember?"

Maybe he'll luck out and won't fall off his broom. "You don't have to go fast, you just gotta make it to the end." August didn't care for winning, but he did want to make it to the end just to say he could. "Okay, let's go, I guess!" He called out before he started slowly down the field. "You can do this," he whispered to himself, his knuckles turned white from holding his broom too tight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:26 am

"See, Gus is on board." She turned to her sister, she was challenging the older girl and it looked like she was taking the bait. "I suppose you're chicken." She grinned a wicked grin then turned her attention back to the quidditch pitch. "Glad you agree, Gus. Let us race then!"

When August started the race, Mabel zoomed past him. She was confident in herself and knew that she wasn't going to mess up. "Come on! Keep up!" She called back, it was no fun if there was no challenge. "You can do it!" She shot him some fake encouragement, she just wanted him to eat her dust. The wind felt great against her face, she was glad she had decided to put her hair up or else it would have hit her face and that wouldn't have been good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Fiona smiled at August's words. "Slow and steady," she whispered and looked up ahead at Mabel's back. Her sister was far ahead and Fiona doubted either of them would catch up. She didn't care anyway. She just wanted to save Gus from whatever devious plan Mabel had in mind for him. Her sister was not to be trusted. To trust her was like giving Fiona a handful of dung bombs and expecting her not to use them.

"WE CAN'T KEEP UP," Fiona shouted back at Mabel. "YOU'RE TOO FAST." Okay. So maybe Mabel could make it onto the team next year. "Cerisier's gonna have it easy next year," Fiona predicted, "if Mabel makes it on the team. She can fly but she can't aim." Fiona may not care much for Quidditch but she did care about Montagnard's chances of winning. House pride was at stake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:07 pm

August could barely balance on his broom even if he was going as slow as possible. He was ready to just give up, there was no way in beating her. He didn't really want to anyways, he just wanted to stay on his broom and make it out of there without getting hurt. "After this," he started to say to Fiona. "If I make it out alive-" He gulped then looked down, that was a bad move on his part. The ground looked so far away so he turned back to Fiona, his face was whiter than ever. Since when were there two of her? "I think I'm seeing double," he said in a trembling vouce. "I-I quit!" He slowly flew down to the ground and landed safely. "I'm never going to leave the ground again!" He laid on the ground and spread out his arms as if he were hugging the Earth. "Sweet ground how I missed you so!"

"AFTER THIS," He called up to his friend. "LET'S DO SOMETHING FUN AND SAFE! NOTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH FLYING! LIKE A NICE CARD GAME OR SOMETHING!" Yes, a card game sounded like a safe idea, a perfect idea even. As long as he wasn't in the air anymore, he didn't care what he did as long as he was safe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:21 pm

"YOU GUYS SUCK!" Forgot about acting nice to the older boy, she wasn't getting the reaction she wanted anyways. It was no fun messing with someone if they didn't do what you wanted them to. Mabel's speed was great, she just had to work on her aim. Then she would be the perfect beater. Being a dancer made flying easier, at least that's what Mabel thought. She knew how to move her body with ease, which came in handy.

Mabel was fast on her broom and was already finished when August decided to quit. What a wimp, he couldn't even handle a small race. She fly to the ground then got off her broom. She rolled her eyes at them, what a waste of time that was. "Go play your card game, I have better things to do."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Fiona was a little taken aback by the way Gus just suddenly quit flying. Now she had a bit of a dilemma. Did she just continue flying down to the finish line or join her friend on the ground. The latter was very tempting but she was certain she would never hear the end of it if she quit now. It was possibly bad enough that she wasn't giving Mabel any competition.

She grinned at Mabel showing her true colours and decided she might as well join the other two on the ground without finishing. Mabel had already one anyway. "Coming on down," she called. Now came the scary party. The landing. It hadn't been a very soft one. Fiona had ended up stumbling and falling to her knees as soon as her feet had touched the ground. "Brilliant stuff this grass," she remarked as she patted the ground. "Now what was that about a card game? Did you want to play exploding snap?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum