Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

We Are Family

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We Are Family

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:21 pm

La Petit Dragon used to seem so big and intimidating but now five years later it seemed like one the most normal places he could visit. A lot of how the teen saw things had changed once he was amerced in the world of magic, something as spectacular as the magical palace had little affect on him. He could still remember the amazement he felt when walking through those big double doors and crazy high ceilings, he had felt so tiny. He was still unsure of his magical abilities and almost felt like he didn't belong there. He hadn't thought about his first year much until now, and he only was now because his little brother was coming with him this year. It was a bit odd that out of nine children born to two muggles only the last four had magic abilities, why had none of the first five had this. Sawyer liked to think it was because they moved but he was sure you were either born with it or you weren't.

When the twins were eleven year olds about to attend their first year at the magic palace they had hoped Teddy would help them with the transition. She was with them in the pub for awhile before leaving, Sawyer offered to the same for Noah. He was willing to help the boy with shopping if he needed it as well but he was going to hang out with him in the pub until he seemed to adjust to the wizards who dressed, acted, and talked differently than muggles. "We're here." Sawyer said with a smile looking over to Noah. "You ready?" He asked before pushing open the dark wooden door of what looked to be an abandoned building. He remembered how confused he'd been when Teddy showed him the door to the odd building, but once the door was opened the street was filled with light and noise of many people talking all at once. "Sawyer looked over to see his brother reaction to this scene compared to the outside.

Back to top Go down

Re: We Are Family

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:18 pm

The day was finally here. Noah was finally getting his supplies for his new school. It wasn't just any school though, it was Beauxbatons, a school exclusively for kids with magical abilities. The young boy could barely contain himself. He was still a little nervous though. Noah had always been shy, so he was worried he wouldn't make many friends. Luckily, he had older siblings going to the school with him. One of them, Sawyer, was taking him to the pub so he could start shopping today.

Noah was surprised when Sawyer said they were there. The pub just looked like an old abandoned building. It wasn't cheery and magical looking like he figured it should be. Once his brother opened the door though, everything changed. The pub may have looked boring on the outside, but inside it was filled with light, and all kinds of different people having a bunch of different conversations all at once. "Wow." Noah looked back up at his brother, who was smiling, as if to say 'I know right.' The eleven year old hung close to his brother's side as they entered the building. Looking around the boy grew more and more nervous. "You are going to go with me to get my supplies too right?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Sawyer watched Noah as he took in the scene inside the door, he smiled when the boy looked up at him with a look of pure awe. He remembered when he had first entered the pub with Payton, they had identical looks of shock probably much like their little brother's now. "Can't let muggles see how cool it is on the inside right?" He said as an explanation of sorts. He didn't know much about the origins of the place but he had heard somewhere that wizards make their places look dull as to avoid muggles stumbling in, plus he was pretty sure there was a spell on the place that made muggles barely see the place at all.

The Montagnard held the door open for his little brother before following him and taking the lead. "Of course I can, as long as you're not cool enough to be seen with your big brother." He said with a chuckle. Sawyer walked up to the counter making sure not too walk too fast so Noah could keep up. "A mug of butterbeer please." He said to the man behind the counter, while he was fetching that he turned back to the boy. "Do you want to try a butterrbeer or maybe a pumpkin juice, they have muggle sodas too if you'd like." He said listing somethings of his head, his personal favorite was butterbeer he had fallen in love with it his first year when him and Payton agreed to try it together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:16 pm

"Too cool? You're the cool one. You even have that badge that says you're a prefect. Being with you and having people know that we're brothers will automatically make me seem cooler." Noah smiled at his older brother. He was grateful that Sawyer was going to help him with his shopping since he didn't really know what he was doing. Payton and Sawyer had talked about butterbeer being their favorite drink before, but Noah really liked pumpkin. He would just have to try the butterbeer some other time. "I think I'll try the pumpkin juice," he said shyly to the man behind the counter.

Noah was becoming anxious to go out into the alley to start buying his school things. He chugged down his drink as fast as he could without choking on it. Once he had finished, he encouraged Sawyer to hurry with his drink so they could go. "Come on, we have a ton of shopping to do, hurry up!" He began tugging on his brother's shirt sleeve. "Let's go!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Sawyer laughed when Noah claimed his brother was the coolest thing around. He even pointed out the prefect badge Sawyer had received over the summer with a letter telling him he was to start prefect duties this year and all that. This had surprised everyone but mostly it surprised Sawyer who had seen the inside of a detention room many times during his time at Beauxbatons and could point out a ton more times when if he would have been caught he would have seen it again. Though he had started cutting down on pranks he's been doing in the past year or so, perhaps they noticed that and thought he was changing his ways, which was false but whatever they thought.

Once the bartender came back with Sawyer's butterbeer Noah ordered a pumpkin juice. "Good choice kid. La Petit Dragon has the best pumpkin juice around." He said with a smile. Once the man returned with the juice Sawyer slide the silver and bronze coins across the counter and took a seat on a nearby stool. He laughed at Noah downing his drink and begging to start shopping. "Be patient young grasshopper." He said with a smirk sipping his drink super slowly just to tease Noah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:18 pm

"Fine, be like that. I take it back, you are no longer cool." Noah tried to think of a way to get his brother to hurry up with his drink so they could go. He never liked being compared to his twin... "Payton's the cool one. He wouldn't tease me like this." The young boy knew that that was completely not true. Payton would probably tease him just as much Sawyer, but it was worth a shot. "He would hurry up so we could go shopping, and we would have a lot more fun." Noah crossed his arms and smirked, hoping his plan would work. The truth of the matter was he loved his brother, and was super grateful that he agreed to take him here in the first place. Meanwhile Payton probably had much better places to be than hanging out with his lame little brother, like with that girlfriend of his. "Are you almost done now? I really want to go get my own wand."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:06 am

Sawyer looked at his brother with a look of astonishment, as if he shocked that he would say such a thing about his twin. It wasn't that the teen disliked being compared to his twin, in fact he loved when people noticed him and Payton, it was when one showed a particular preference to one over the other in a way such as clearly proclaiming one was better than the other and even that wasn't too bad. Sawyer fixed his brother with a fake, but hopefully realistic look of hurt, one that looked as if he were about to cry. "I can't believe you, of all people, would say that." He said with a tone that sounded as if he were truly in pain. "If that's how you feel I'm sure I can get Payton to come take you, I think Adela and him were hanging out but I'm sure they'll let you tag along." He said dismissively and turned to face the counter drinking his butterbeer.

He turned back around slightly when Noah asked if he was done yet and said he wanted to get his wand. "You know they say the wand chooses the wizard. After they learn that you have been so mean to a prefect I don't know if any of the wands are gonna wanna pick you." He said in what was to be a serious tone but he started to smirk a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Noah's plan didn't go as well as he had hoped it would. He seemed to really upset his older brother. "I'm sorry Sawyer, I didn't mean it, I promise! I was just trying to get you to hurry up, I didn't mean to upset you! I'm really sorry and I take everything I said back. Just forget I said anything. I'm really grateful that you brought me here in the first place. Payton is too busy with his girlfriend to have time for me, and I don't like being a third wheel. I shouldn't have rushed you. I just really want to go shopping, I hear the shops are really cool. Please forgive me?"

"Do the wands really know about our conversations!? What if none of them want to pick me!?" Noah was starting to panic. "What good is a wizard in a magic school without a wand? I'll have to drop out of the school before even attending it! I want to stay here, with you!" The poor boy could feel tears starting to well up in his eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Sawyer just started laughing uncontrollably. "Noah calm down I was just teasing. I'm a pretty good actor but I promise I am not upset at all you're fine calm down." He said with a soft smile. When he looked over at the young boy he saw tears starting to well in his eyes and felt a lot worse. "Hey kid what's this? Don't start with the water works now I was just kidding, you know me always the jokester. I didn't mean any of that wands don't care about things like this they look at your true personality. And yours is the brightest all the wands are gonna want you. You're gonna be the best wizard in your year." He said reaching over and ruffling the boy's hair. "Hey, chin up alright I'm almost done and we'll get you a wand and everything." He said with a smile.

He drank the last of his butterbeer and started to get off his stool. "Wand shop first then?" He asked starting towards the back door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Noah calmed down when his brother said he was joking. He should have suspected it. Sawyer was always joking around. The boy tried to play it off, "I... I knew that. I was just... just acting, so that you would hurry up. See, it worked." Noah gave his brother a cheeky smile, hoping he wouldn't see past his fib. He was never very good at lying. "You really think all the wands are going to want to pick me!? I don't know about this whole 'best wizard in my year' thing though. I don't know anything about magic, other than what you have told me of course. But that's not much."

Noah followed Sawyer to the back door. It was finally happening. He was finally going to get his wand and start learning to use magic! He was a little nervous still, though. The boy hung close to his big brother's side as he opened the large door and stepped out into the alley...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top