Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Lost Property

Go down

Lost Property Empty Lost Property

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Fiona had just settled down into the Montagnard commonroom to make a start on her DADA Homework which she'd been putting off for almost a week. That was the moment she'd discovered her text book was missing. She sat back at the table and tapped her quill as she tried to recall where exactly she'd last seen it. Not her dormroom. She was sure of that. It was the one place she'd at least made an effort to keep half tidy. Just last night she'd thrown the things which had ended up on the floor and under her bed into her trunk. No text book had been amongst that lot.

There was another place though that held possibilities. The very room where the class was held. Without further thought the second year jumped up and moved out of the commonroom. The defence classroom was deserted which was only the smallest of disappointments since that meant she couldn't ask the professor about her text. On the other hand it also meant she didn't have to admit she'd misplaced her book.

She looked up and down the corridor before slipping into the empty classroom. Now she just had to figure out where the best place was to begin her search.

Back to top Go down

Lost Property Empty Re: Lost Property

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Charlotte was sitting in her DADA classroom finishing off her homework, that she did not complete.
"Urghh, stupid homework, stupid professor!"
She was starting to get frustrated with the homework she had been set.
"I wonder if Hogwarts would have made us stay behind if we forgot to write a couple of words" she thought.

Thinking she heard a noise outside, her head snapped into the direction of the classroom door.
"Whoo's th-th-th-there?" She mumbled as she was shaking in fear. As the noise crept closer and closer, Charlotte abandoned her homework and hid behind the professor's desk.

She heard the door creak open, as she stopped herself from making any noises (by covering her mouth), she listened with anticipation but suddenly the realisation of the event made her remember she had left her belongings at her desk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:05 pm

Fiona caught sight of something on one of the desks. "Aha," she cried out and hurried over to it only to discover it wasn't hers. It was only her text book that was missing. The belongings on this desk clearly weren't hers. She looked closer and nodded. A first year. A first year who forgot everything? Fiona shook her head at that and moved off to find her text book.

The professor's desk looked to be the most likely place a careless second year's textbook to be kept. Probably to personally humiliate her in class next time since her name was neatly printed on the inside cover by her mother. Mum never trusted Fiona to write her name legibly on her own belongings.

No book looked to be on the very neat desk and Fiona moved around it to look in the draws. She stopped short as she realised there was someone there hiding. "Do you own those things out there?" she asked and pointed over to the desk with the unfinished homework lying on it. "By the way you haven't seen a second year textbook lying around here somewhere have you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:42 am

Charlotte looked at the girl with frightened eyes , she quickly shook her head "N-n-no i haven't sorry". She stood up and dusted her uniform, once she had done that she looked back at the girl and nodded "Y-yes those are my things , but i didn't see your notebook sorry" Charlotte said quietly in her welsh accent.

Charlotte quickly walked over to her things and started packing them up "do you need help?" she asked timidly , Charlotte noticed that this girl was older then her , Charlotte didn't want to get on the wrong side of the girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:11 pm

"Oh it wasn't my notebook," Fiona replied as gently as she could. Somehow she must have appeared as frightening to this girl as her sister could be. "My textbook. I could make it up when trying to answer the question but I don't think the professor would be too happy." It was her parents who frightened her more if she actually failed rather than scrape through with a pass.

Fiona followed the younger girl to the desk. "If you don't mind. I do sort of need it because I don't think my parents would be happy if they had to send me a new one." An understatement for sure with dad complaining about how expensive his eldest daughter was to raise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:05 am

Charlotte nodded "It's fine I'll help" , once she had packed her things away she placed her bag over her shoulder. Charlotte then turned to look up at the girl "your notebook must still be in the room somewhere" she thought for a moment "where was the last time you saw your notebook? there was still a hint of panic in her voice

Charlotte looked at the girl nervously still though, she didn't know anyone here and Charlotte was frightened of being bullied by someone older then her she had already experienced a 6th year bully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Apparently she was even more nervous than Fiona originally thought. How did she make her less nervous? Fiona was out of ideas. She was more inclined to think pranks rather than calm the nerves of first years.

Without bothering to correct the girl again Fiona shrugged. "Well I guess I saw it on my desk. Class was over so I stood and..." Her brow furrowed as she tried to remember what she did with it. "Wait a minute. I did put it in my bag. I'm sure I did." She sat on one of the desks to give her missing text book further thought. "Maybe it fell out of my bag when I wasn't looking. I'm sure I heard a thump but I didn't look around." Had she? She wasn't sure if she had.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Charlotte raised an eyebrow at the girl.
"Well, it couldn't have gone far, maybe it's on the floor still?" she questioned, her nerves calming down. She wondered if the girl had dropped it on the floor, or whether someone else had stolen it.
"What if someone did steal it? Is someone trying to get revenge on you for some particular reason?" she asked the older girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:08 pm

"Oh. I hadn't thought of the floor," Fiona replied and dropped to her hands and knees whilst peering under desks and cupboards. "Nothing," she muttered and shuffled over to the professor's desk thinking that perhaps it was under there. "Still nothing." She stood again and brushed the dusk off her uniform. There was still a mark on the fabric but Fiona wasn't overly worried about that. No matter how dirty she got her uniforms always came back clean.

"Steal it?" Fiona asked. "Well I suppose someone might have tried to get revenge on me." The problem was a few possible people came to mind. Mabel. That kid she'd tricked with the coin last year. Then there was the string prank this year. Fiona had thought she'd kept her involvement secret but they could have figured out she was the one to make them trip. "Well I guess I'll just have to borrow one then won't I? The library is bound to have copies of the textbook."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:36 pm

"What text book was it exactly?" Charlotte asked curiously, moving towards the older girl "I don't think the Library would be open now anyways since it's after hours" she suggested putting her bag over her shoulder.
"If you want to I could help you look for it? if too people look for it then it won't take as long to find" she said her Welsh accent coming out more strongly as she gained more confidence "If i recall there was nothing left in here when my class finished this afternoon, maybe the teacher took it before hand, or someone has took it and hoping to find you are return the book back?" she wondered out loud.
"Oh I'm Charlotte by the way, I feel terribly rude for not introducing myself earlier, I get shy around new people" Charlotte said sheepishly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:36 pm

"The DADA text," Fiona replied. "That's why I'm looking for it in here. It's the only place I could think of where I might have left it." Well there was the possibility that the junk she'd thrown into her trunk had included the text but she'd somehow missed seeing it. She'd just assumed it wasn't there because she was so sure she hadn't seen any textbook amongst the mess.

Fiona shrugged. "I can wait until tomorrow," she replied. "It's not like the homework's due then." The day after tomorrow though was rather uncomfortably close. "Oh. I know. Maybe my dormmate will be willing to lend it to me. I might ask her later."

She shook her head. "Don't worry about that. I should have introduced myself since shyness has never been my problem. Fiona Miller's the name. Now let's just check one more time in here just in case and if neither of us find it then I'll just hunt down my dormmate and ask to borrow hers."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down