Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Potions Prediction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potions Prediction

Post by Linette Puchard on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:57 am

There was something about the potions shop Linette did not like. All the times she'd been in Amythest Alley she'd never set a foot inside this shop until now. It had been avoided quite successfully thanks to her father sharing her dislike of potion ingredients. Not that Linette had known she didn't like them until this moment. Reading about them was one thing. Seeing them for herself. She wrinkled her nose and smelling them were another all together. It was awful.

She tugged at the sleeve of a nearby customer. "Do you think potions will be a good subject? I think it's going to be a nightmare. The books make it sound so easy but now I'm not so sure." If they smelt and looked this creepy then she was convinced they would be horrible to brew also. Linette reached for a bottle sitting on a shelf and quickly replaced it. "I'm glad that's not on the list." She had no clue what it was but whatever it was she wouldn't like to put it in her potion.
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Potions Prediction

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Out of all of the shops on the street the potions shop had been less inviting then some others, she found that the smells that came from the shop were strange and she had been quite worried encase she would trip or fall and spill potions that would make the place explode, or something along those lines. But, knowing that she would need to go in to get some things she couldn't really hold back and put it off at all that much more as she gave her youngest brother a shove on the shoulder "Go away" she complained to him quickly "Go tell Cherry i'll meet you lot in the pub" she told the eight year old that she knew would more than likely get lost in the mean time.

Pushing some dark strands from her big innocent eyes as she stepped into the shop, the smells were strange and something she wasn't going to get used to so quickly. It was worse then being in any perfume or soap shops that she always tried to avoid due to the reason of the strong smells that could overpower and make her feel light headed. Nevertheless she was determined as her eyes ran over the labels on the bottles and the spines of some books she got easily confused as she dragged one of her fingers along the wood of a bench.

Feeling a tug as she turned she saw a girl that seemed around her own age, smiling to the girl she listened to her questions. Shrugging slightly "Well... I've never been good at science and potions is a bit like chemistry isn't it? And every text book makes things seem easy!" she chuckled slightly as it was true, textbooks always made things seem so much easier then they really were. Looking at the bottle she picked up and put down she exhaled a laugh "Well i'm totally lost on what everything is so.... anyways I'm Teddy."

Back to top Go down

Post by Linette Puchard on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 pm

Linette blinked at the other girl, utterly confused at the words she spoke. "Science? Chemistry? What are they? I haven't read the potions text book yet so I really can't say if it sounds easy or not." She had however glimpsed through some of the ones Patrice had at home which put her off ever wanting to brew a potion. Maybe it did sound easy since potion brewing was probably full of instructions. She just wasn't so sure about the actual brewing of them.

"That's newt's eyes," she said as she nodded at the bottle. "Doesn't sound very nice does it? I think I can handle porcupine quills but that icky stuff..." She grimaced and shook her head. "Well anyway Teddy I'm Linette and I think we'll all learn more about this stuff than we'll ever want to know by the end of the year. I hope the Potions Professor goes easy on us if we blow up our potions."

Reporting for Wizarding World Weekly
Pureblood Bookworm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
amoretti.@tda
Mignon's Minnie's Maman
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Raising her eyebrow to the girl as she quickly remembered what one of the boy's she had met earlier that day had told her about how wizarding people were different to muggles. "There lessons...normal.... i mean 'Muggle' subjects!" she scattered through her choice of words as what she would call strange could be what others found normal, she knew it would take a while to get her head around it all.

"Newts eyes?" she raised an eyebrow at the bottle as she scrunched her nose slightly to the thought of it "That sounds.... Interesting!" she put it in some nice words but at the same time her tone very playful and innocent. Hearing the girls name she smiled quickly as she nodded in agreement "Yeah but... teachers most of the time are mean... and smell strange.... don't you think so?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top