Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Rumor Has It

Go down

Rumor Has It Empty Rumor Has It

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:03 pm

It was no secret that Fane had a thing for mischief. Usually he liked to physically torment people, but he found that mere words could go a long way. Coming to Beauxbatons as a well-bred pureblood, he knew much of the school and it's secrets, much more than any muggleborn would know. It seemed to him that incoming muggleborns were often baffled and confused by the school and overall filled with many questions. At first Fane thought that they were hardly worth his time, but then he realized that they would believe anything that he said without questioning it.

Some muggleborn at his table was whispering quietly about her worries in school, even though she had been attending for a little. Fane couldn't miss out on the opportunity and slide over to involve himself in the conversation. She was complaining about how poorly light the dungeons were and how it gave her shivers to walk down there after History of Magic class. "You've got nothing to worry about, love," Fane said, a coy smile on his face. "History of Magic class happens early enough that the troll isn't even awake yet," He said, casually, and watched as she turned over his words in her mind and finally understood what he meant. He sipped his pumpkin juice cooly and then added, "Though with the amount of noise you girls make chit-chatting, you might wake him up early. He hates being woken up during the day. I'd hate to see the kid who makes that mistake."

Back to top Go down

Rumor Has It Empty Re: Rumor Has It

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:32 am

Sawyer needed a good story for his first SOP article and he was considering writing about the rumored trolls that were said to live in the dungeons along with a poltergeist. Problem was the boy had only ever heard rumor that they were there, no one ever told him what they looked like, where specifically they were, how many of them were down there, or any of their behaviors. Of course to write an entire article about them he was going to need more than just the rumor that they might be down there. He thought of himself as a very skilled information filler, he had to be to pull of some of the ridiculous things he made up all the time, but even he wasn't good enough to fill an article with that small piece of news.

There seemed to be only one way to solve this problem and that was to go down and find these trolls and learn everything himself. However on his way through the grand hall when he was headed for the dungeons he heard a voice talking about trolls. What were the odds of that? The boy found the source of the voice and found that it was an ickle which probably meant nothing he said was factual, but then again it was a rumor report so ickle rumors would work just fine. "What's that you're saying about trolls? Would you mind elaborating, this is for the school paper and I'll be making you famous." Sawyer wasn't quite sure how to interact with the younger students when he wasn't trying to prank them but instead try to get them to help him. He figured a bribery of popularity was a good a try as any, and if he thought he'd be famous for it he might even make up more rumors on the spot and fill the entire article.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:07 pm

While Fane was having a jolly time trying to spook the muggleborns, it appeared he had more listeners than just the naive first years he was speaking to. His hazel eyes followed the older boy while he spoke, concerned that he'd ruin his fun by telling the muggleborns otherwise and devising an escape plan if that were to happen. Fortunately, the boy wasn't there to ruin any good story of his. Instead, he wanted to know more.

Fane smirked and leaned on the table as he heard the boy's offer. Honestly, he was willing to tell the story for free if it meant attention, but since the boy offered. Fane wasn't going to pass up the idea that the kid might owe him. "I'm a Blevins, haven't you heard? There's not much more fame for me to get, and certainly none that is possible in school," He replied. "But maybe for a small price I'll let you in on the scoop," He smirked and gave a look that asked him for his best offer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:58 am

It seemed to be shear luck that Sawyer was able to find someone talking about the very thing that he was about to go and investigate. Unfortunately it was a first year so the source wasn't a very reliable but hey a source was a source. While on normal circumstances the older boy would have either ignored the situation or just backed up the rumors the boy was spreading to watch the little ones faces when the older student agreed. However he was running out of time for his SOP article so this was needed.

When the boy scoffed at his idea o giving the boy fame Sawyer contemplated what to do next. "Hmm Bellvins is it? No sorry that doesn't ring a bell, am I supposed to know that one? Sorry." He answered. "I don't really have anything to give you and I don't really need your information. You see I was heading down to interview the trolls personally so I guess this is goodbye." He told the boy acting as if disinterested in listening now and starting to walk towards the dungeons again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:31 pm

It wasn't so much that the boy didn't know him by name; the Blevins were known for his wealth and plus any Quidditch fan would recognize his mother's name anywhere, but he was more upset that suddenly the attention was no longer on him. The muggleborns had drifted off to their own conversation and now the boy who wanted to inquire his story was about to go to the dungeons and experience it himself instead. Fane couldn't allow that.

"You won't be able to talk to them!" Fane interjected, jumping up quite ungracefully as his foot got caught on the bench and nearly stumbled to the ground. "Trolls don't speak our language!" He said, matter-of-factly. "Listen kid, I'll let you off on the whole 'offer' thing this time. But if you go down to the dungeons and go looking for the trolls, I can guarantee that you will not come back up," His concern was completely fabricated. He didn't know whether the trolls were real or whether or not they were dangerous, but he couldn't let attention slip away from him so easily like it was right then and there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:44 pm

Sawyer turned around to look back at the boy that was now yelling at him as he was walking away. He smirked a bit but wiped the smirk off his face before turning to face the kid. "Oh it's okay I'll be able to talk to them I learned a spell this year that will translate any language but thanks for your concern." He said with a fake smile of gratitude. He grimaced inwardly a bit when the child called him the kid, but he blew it off. "Look kid I'm glad you're so concerned about my safety but I'm sure I can handle myself, though I guess it would be nice to hear what you know before I go." He said with another fake smile. "Unless you'd rather go try to scare the ickles over there." He said in a bit quieter tone looking over at the group of kids that were surely having a discussion about the dungeon trolls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down