Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Chin Up, Doll!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chin Up, Doll!

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:12 pm

Odette sighed as she waited for her her cousin or brother to arrive. They were supposed to have been there ten minutes prior, she was starting to get a little worried. She had convinced her papa that everything would be fine. However, she herself was starting to doubt it. "Where are they..." She asked herself not sure what else to do. Surely they wouldn't just leave her there, knowingly, right? As she waited a few more minutes she finally saw Christian walk through the door. He looked a little down. She raised her eyebrow and walked over to him. "Hi Christian!" She said embracing him. "Where have you been?" She teased him a little and walked over to a table with him, still noticing his sad aura. "What's the matter Chris..?" She asked in her sweet voice.

Back to top Go down

Re: Chin Up, Doll!

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Christian was all too ready to return to Beauxbatons this year, it was always like a second home to him, his favorite of the two in France, but now it felt like his only home. Since his uncle who was now his guardian absolutely refused to let him stay alone in his actual home so now he was staying with them. While they wanted him to feel at home and keep him happy it just didn't feel like a home to the teen. Everyone seemed to censor themselves when he was around, when he did leave the guest room he was holed up in and came down stairs everyone grew quiet. It was like when people were talking about you and then you come in and they all shut up really fast. They were careful with what they said around him and all around sort of acted like he was fine china that was going to break any minute. Hopefully at school it would be different and he could go back to being normal again, and not so mopey all the time.

He was to meet with his youngest cousin at La Petit Dragon today to help her get adjusted and maybe even get some shopping done or something. So he walked up into the small pub and looked around, though she came running to him so it wasn't hard to find her. In his current state of mind he didn't even flinch when she hugged him, which just last year he would have freaked out about, and when she was done with her cheerful greetings he quietly walked to the nearest table. He assumed she would follow and he ordered them both a glass of butterbeer before he even said a word to his little cousin. "I was running a bit late sorry. And yeah I'm about as alright as I have been all summer, no biggie alright kiddo." He said trying to reassure her, not very well, but it was a better attempt than usual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 pm

Odette smiled at her older cousin. "It's alright, Chris." She reassured him. She knew how hard everything had been for him. She and Quinn probably knew better than anyone though what it was like to loose someone that they loved, so she could relate to how he felt. She sighed looking down. "If you need to talk about stuff though...I'm here..." She gave him a sweet smile. "So are you excited for your fifth year..?" She asked him nicely trying to get his mind off of stuff. He seemed so glum nowadays, she was truly worried about him. She didn't want him to be down in the dumps forever. "Oh, do you have any advice for me... for my first year?" She asked. She was pretty nervous and wasn't great at making friends and didn't have many hobbies aside from piano. She was really hoping that he'd be able to help her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:32 pm

He knew his family was only trying to help him, but even they didn't truly understand what was going on. They all seemed to think he was upset because his dad died and that alone, but that really wasn't what he was upset about. He had lost his mother not five years ago and he had cried for so long, he cried until his dad yelled at him for being a momma's baby and told him that's why no one else but her ever liked him. After that he stopped crying and became colder, but now his dad was dead and he hadn't even thought about shedding a tear in fact he spat at the last place the man had been in his life. He felt like a heartless, waste of space now, what kind of person doesn't bat an eyelash at something like that. He was a burden to his only living family and they all acted like it was okay.

He gave his little cousin a small forced smile, "Thanks Odie but you're eleven you don't need to hear this from me. Fifth year is probably gonna be like all the rest no biggie. As for first year it would best to let everyone know going in who you are. Don't pretend to be someone you're not, that way you know who you're going to get along with and who you're not. Best to just put it out there, but don't get in fights that's bad rep for an ickle like yourself and I won't be running to the rescue if you end up in a duel." He told her trying to be helpful, though he was sure not many people said something like that to their ickle family member.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:46 pm

Odette sighed and looked down. "Well...I uh...." She sighed and looked at her older cousin. "I don't think I'll get into a duel..." She sighed a little bit. "I'm not really a good at making friends..." She explained to him looking down at the drink that had arrived only a few minutes prior. She looked up at him. "I'm really scared about starting school. I mean it makes it better that you and Quinn are there....but I'm nervous that no one is going to like me...and what do you mean don't lie about who I am...I am proud to be a D'Angelo, and your cousin!" She spoke confidently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Christian was sure that it was going to be a very long time before he ever felt truly happy again, if ever, but that didn't mean he had to make everyone around him equally as unhappy. Odette was supposed to be super excited for her first year of Beauxbatons and instead she was just sitting there with her awkward mopey older cousin bring down the exciting vibes. She was scared about starting school and it was his job as the older cousin that was here with her to reassure her that it was all going to be okay, instead of acting like the world is the worst place imaginable. He was probably having the opposite affect on her mood ad he decided to pretend he wasn't a heartless person and try to help her.

"Hey Odie don't think like that. I thought the same thing when I started my first year of school. My mom had just died and I was positive no one was ever going to like me. And you know what?" He asked pausing a moment for effect. "I have three of the best mates anyone could ever ask for. They are all very different but they are the most important things in the world to me besides you and Quinn. I'm sure you'll make friends just like that and you don't need to worry. Just keep your head held high and don't let anyone get you down and you'll be sure to make great friends." He said in the happiest tone he was able to muster from what seemed like a shell of his body.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:23 pm

.Odette listened to him carefully everything he was saying made sense to her. She smiled as he neared the end of his speech. "Thank you Christian." She said softly. She felt more secure with his words echoing in her mind. She would do exactly what he had told her. She felt a surge of new found confidence. Maybe this year would not be as bad as she was perceived it would be. She had her family by her side and she was sure that she'd make at least one or two good friends. It had to happen. She was not about to let her personality get in the way. "Thank you..." she said again and hugged him tight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top