Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Practicing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Practicing

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:27 pm

René sighed softly and checked to make sure no one was watching as he sat behind the castle and watched a light snow fall. He pulled out his note pad and began to read. "Hola, me llamo René Pendlebrook and this is the Quidditch World Cup brought to you live by Daily Prophet TV. Tonight, France will be taking on former champion Sweden. Look out for keeper Kendleberg to play an unbelievable game, the past two Cups he has had a 97.6% save percentage which is near historic. Countering France is playing their all star chaser Regina Walsh. She is truly unbelivable and has dominated every keeper she's played in the French League this year so this is truly a match of titans. Even as a French native, I see Sweden pulling away with the win here, their seeker is just a bit faster than France's." René looked up and saw someone who clearly had been listening, he turned bright red in embarrassment.

Back to top Go down

Re: Practicing

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Cassandra didn't mean any harm by listening in on the boy. But it was wrong of her to do. "I'm sorry." Usually she would b embarrassed and say she was sorry a million times, but after what happened over the summer, she wasn't feeling much like herself lately. She wasn't sure how she was feeling, things were too confusing for her.

"I'm Cassie, by the way." She was surprised that she was so calm and wasn't blushing like a fool. She sat down beside the boy and smiled. "I'm a fourth year." She was determinded for this year to be different than her last, the year to change all years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Normally René would have been so embarrassed he would've just taken off, but this girl seemed more confused than she did appear to look humored by his little outtake so he simply took a breath and offered a shy smile. "It's fine." He said gently, and stood up, offering his hand. "I'm René, a first year." He said with feigned confidence, inside he was freaking out that he'd look like an idiot in his second hand robes in front of an upperclassman, but oh well, here he was. "I uh, want to announce quidditch one day." He said sheepishly to the girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Cassandra took his hand and gave it a little shake. "Its nice to meet you." A first year? "No wonder I've never seen you around before." It was pretty cool that he had a dream like that, Cassandra had no idea what she wanted to do with her life. She would probably end up working with small animals, something she enjoyed greatly. "My dad always said to dream big. Its how you get somewhere." He was right about that. "That's pretty cool how you wanna annouce quidditch. You know, you can try out for the position here. Right now there's only one announcer." Cassandra wasn't much into quidditch, but she attended all of the games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:30 pm

"Really? You can tryout here?" A grin stretched his lips. This was something he had to do. He could picture it now, sitting in the stands watching a game and calling each play and it would be wonderful. He'd be able to add a little pro Montagnard flavor to the mix. "What house is the other announcer in?" He asked timidly. "If it's Cerisier than it would be nice to balance out the scales a little bit." René said with a smile. "I would really like to do that, I'll definitely have to tryout. I probably wouldn't make it, but I have to at least try."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:17 pm

"Cerisier. She's in my house, a fifth year." It seemed like this boy had no confidence in himself. She knew that feeling all too well. But, she had to change this boy's mind and make him believe in himself. "I'm sure you'll do great. You just have to believe in yourself. If you don't, no one will. Just try out and believe that you can make it." She probably needed to take her own advice, she had never really believed in herself. But that would have to change.

"So, tell me a bit more about yourself." All she really knew about this boy was that he was a bit shy and wanted to be a quidditch announcer. That wasn't much to go on. Of course she'd have to say a bit about herself in return.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:05 pm

René blinked, it wasn't often people complimented him. "Y-You really think I would do great?" A smile stretched his lips and his eyes brightened. "Thank you!" He said with a bright smile. "Well I uh, speak Spanish, and I live with my mum, but practically spend as much time with my grandparents and aunt, uncle, and cousins as I do with her. I can do a hand stand." He said still very uncertain of the situation. He sat back down and patted the spot across from himself. "Tell me about yourself, now. I greatly prefer listening than talking." He said cheerily to Cassie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:40 am

"Of course you would do great, you're really good." So, he was close to his family. Cassandra couldn't say the same about herself, she mostly stayed to herself. Family was a difficult subject for her and she didn't like talking about her disfunctional mess she called a family.

She sat down beside the boy. What was she supposed to say about herself? Things were still confusing for her and she wasn't sure what she should say. "Well...I'm Cassandra Daniels, I'm a fourth year, and I'm in Cerisier." She had already shared this information but it was better to repeat than give away anything too personal. "I'm muggle born." What could she say withput giving too much away to the boy she had just met. "I like the color pink..." She had to be careful about what she said, one wrong thing and she would crumple. She didn't want to dwell on her past or anything else personal like that. "I like animals."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:38 pm

René smiled. "You're muggleborn? That's really cool." He smiled brightly. "You're the first muggleborn I've met here." He declared. "It's nice that there really are some nice people here, so far I have met more stuck up people than nice people." He sighed wistfully. "I like the color blue." He said with a smile. "Pink is a cool color though, my mum likes it a lot." René began to run his fingers through the grass, looking for four leaf clovers, something he'd done before at his muggle school. "My mum raised me like a muggle. I didn't know I was a wizard until earlier this year." He said simply. "Did you go to muggle schools too?" He asked with curiosity. "I did." He smiled. "My Abuela(grandmother) has a jack russel terrier."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:51 pm

"Yeah, I'm muggle born." She nodded, there was no magic in her family and magic wasn't common for her. She was shocked when she got her letter and had no idea what she was getting herself into. But it turned out to be alright and she loved school. "I was nervous at first but I've made some great friends. Not many friends, but I know I can tust them. That's enough right? I rather have a small group of good friends than have a huge group of people pretending to be my friend."

When Cassie was younger, her parents dressed her in pinks and it stuck with her and she loved the color. "Blue is pretty, I just like pink more. My father got me this pretty pink dress when I was four and I showed it off to all the other preschoolers." That was the year he died and she was devestated when he had passed. She looked down at the ground, trying to stop the tears from coming. "I'm sorry, I just-I probably shouldn't have said anything about that."

She wiped the tears from her eyes then looked back up, giving him a forcused smile. "Yeah, I went to muggle school. Just kept to myself I lot." She had never had friends before coming to Beauxbatons.Not that she minded at all about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top