Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Facts about Wands

Go down

Facts about Wands Empty Facts about Wands

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Marie-Laure didn't just want a wand. Actually she wasn't really certain she wanted a wand at all. She wanted to know as much as she could about them and thus was asking the shopkeeper all the questions she could come up with. How they were made, how they worked, why did they work, why so many different types and how would she know when her wand had been found. Eventually her father decided to step in. "Marie-Laure why don't you let the shop keeper do her job and stop with the questions."

The girl flushed at the rebuke and nodded. "I know what I wanted to know anyway," she responded and smiled at the woman behind the counter. "Okay. I am ready to find this wand you claim will choose me." She was becoming more and more aware that she had to be more open to all this new information she was learning about the school she would be attending and by extension this new world she was entering.

She watched carefully as the witch brought out a strange tape measure and ordered Marie-Laure to hold out her wand arm. It sounded like a very strange term but she decided she must have meant which hand she used to write with. Marie-Laure held out her left arm and waited to see what would happen next. The tape measure was very strange and Marie-Laure was itching to ask why all this measuring was so important for choosing the right wand.

Finally a wand was brought out of it's box and handed over to her. Marie-Laure held it in her hand and looked at the wandmaker inquiringly who shook her head as she took it back. Another was handed over and Marie-Laure dropped it as sparks shot out and hit a nearby self. She gulped and was relieved that it wasn't the right one either. It felt like an age before a wand made of Larch Wood was placed in her left hand. "It feels warm," she remarked and her eyes widened as the tip glowed. "So that's it? That's how you know?"

Back to top Go down