Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Horizon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Horizon

Post by Gilroy Finnegan on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:04 pm

To some, meeting new people was as easy as their first word. A patient experience with trial and error while some take longer than others, Gilroy is one such person. Crowded and as loud as crowds typically get, Gilroy felt slightly out of place. Strange conversations flooded the first years ears, topics that almost didn't make sense. Gilroy thought back to what his mothers told him about the wizarding world, how potions and spells can have strange and complex names. With his head low and his satchel close to his side, Gilroy was standing inches away from the entrance, he soon gained his courage and walked into the pub.. A few eyes caught the boy in they're gaze, nearly paralyzing him with anxiety. A few moments pass and the curiosity dies, Gilroy took a deep breath and proceeded to walk towards the bar. Dead set to quench his thirst, he only wanted a glass of water.
Gilroy Finnegan
Fourth Year
Fourth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horizon

Post by Hannah Carder on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:32 am

Hannah wasn't much of a talker. At the end of her past two years at Beauxbatons, she hadn't had many friends to speak about. That fact made her the subject of criticism from her older sister, Marli. Marli teased her for not having any friends, which wasn't necessarily the case. It made Hannah enraged and she was angry enough to prove her sister wrong. This year, she was determined to make a friend.

The first place any logical person would go to make friends at Beauxbatons was La Petit Dragon. It was the meeting place for all students to head off to the carriages, so she would have the most exposure to the maximum amount of potential friends.

When she entered the pub with her sister however, she grew nervous. There were almost too many people and she didn't know where to start. She noticed her sister had left her side and she knew she was on her own.

She wandered around for a moment, then decided she needed a drink. She made her way towards the bar and noticed a familiar face. "Hey you! You're in my year!"
Hannah Carder
Fourth Year
Fourth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilroy Finnegan on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:18 am

At first, Gilroy didn't realize who the girl was talking to but quickly saw that she was trying to catch his attention. He began to walk towards the girl, hesitant to make his first impression on someone actively seeking to know him. standing a few feet away Gilroy looked up from his feet and said. "Hello, you're in my year too? I honestly didn't think I would meet anyone in here from my year. I can't say I'm familiar with this place."
Gilroy Finnegan
Fourth Year
Fourth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Carder on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Hannah giggled. "You've been here at least twice! Remember? All the students meet here to go to the carriages!" she reminded him. Beauxbatons students had been meeting there for generations. Hannah's older sister had met her husband in that very location many years ago.

"You're in Eclairage, right? What's it like to stay in the dungeons? Is it cold?" she asked. She was honestly curious. The Lumiere dorms were in the lush indoor gardens rather than a dingy castle basement. She'd never known anyone from the other house, so she'd never gotten to see inside her quidditch opponents' dorm.
Hannah Carder
Fourth Year
Fourth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilroy Finnegan on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:24 pm

Standing firm to defend his dorm Gilroy looked the girl in the eyes and responded with, "Actually It's quite warm, there are usually fires going in one of the furnaces throughout the lower levels. It can get a little toasty every once in awhile but I'm not complaining. I hate the cold." Gilroy began to explain that he doesn't like to spend much time in a crowded place, Le Petit Dragon being a hot spot for patience. "The Carriages take their merry time getting here. I don't mind this place much, it's the influx of people later on that push me out of it." Taking a moment to pause Gilroy introduced himself, In the hopes that she would do the same "My name is Gilroy, Gilroy Finnegan. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Gilroy Finnegan
Fourth Year
Fourth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Carder on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:45 pm

Hannah nodded, glad to have that bit of information. "There are no fires allowed in the Lumiere dorms. We're not to disturb any plants in the indoor garden," Hannah explained.

"They do, but waiting can be fun and it's better than walking to school! I usually wait with my oldest sister, but she had to work at St. Cinna's today. Do you know St. Cinna's? The magic hospital? She's a healer there."

The thirteen-year-old nodded. "I'm Hannah Carder. I'm a Chaser for Lumiere. I'm going to be the best quidditch player in the world someday," she boasted. "I'll give you my autograph in seventh year so you have something expensive to sell to my fans. Unless you are my fan. Then you can get it personalized." She was kidding. Well, mostly kidding.
Hannah Carder
Fourth Year
Fourth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top