Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Red Head?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Red Head?

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Payton sat alone at a table, watching the people around him. He had his books scattered around the table, he tapped his finger against the table as he read through his notes. He was stressing about his tests that were coming up, even though he was sure to get a good grade. But there was a part he kept getting stuck on, that he didn't understand. He just needed to understand it, but he couldn't get it right.

Payton decided it was time to take a break and order a butterbeer. He sipped his drink after packing up his things. He kept out a book about Quidditch that he had been reading. He was close to finishing the book and learning Quidditch. Then maybe he could actually play the game and master it. That was all he wanted to do, besides pass his tests.

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Head?

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:11 pm

The day had finally come, today Adela would get her first taste of the wizarding world. Her parents decided they would go with her to make sure that they were okay with the idea of their daughter being thrown into this new world. However as soon as she walked inside the small pub she noticed many other kids her age alone and not with their parents. She then looked back at her parents, who were snapping pictures of everything in sight and trying to start conversations with EVERYONE. She had to get away from their embarrassment.

Adela waited until her parents started talking to some poor, unfortunate fellow and sneaked away. She wondered around the pub for a place to hide. When she saw that her parents had noticed her absence, she quickly sunk down into the closest chair that was out of their view. After looking behind her to make sure that her parents didn't see her, she took a breath and looked forward to see a boy around her age sitting across from her. "Oh, hi. I didn't see you there. My name's Adela, what's your name?" Adela said excitedly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:03 am

Payton blinked then looked up from his book. He looked the girl up and down and noted he had never seen her before. The first thing he noticed about her was her fire colored hair, he wondered if it wad natural or not. Next he noticed how she wasn't afraid that he was a total stranger. He wouldn't do any harm to her, but if she wasn't careful, she could run into someone that could. "You should be careful, you should never talk to strangers." He warned, sounding more like a parent than a kid. But safety was keen.

He put his book down and away so the girl had his full attention. "I'm Payton. And you are?" Therevwas no doubt she was hiding from someone, but from who Payton had no idea. "Hiding?" She was probably a new student and was looking around. "What's your name?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Adela was a little confused by this kid. She had just told him her name, so why was he asking for it? Also, why was he talking just like her parents? It seemed odd that a kid his age was was giving her advise not to talk to strangers. Adela noticed that he had put his book down to talk to her, so he seemed nice enough.

"It's nice to meet you Payton, and you must not have heard me, my name's Adela and I'm a new student. Are you a student too?" Adela replied. "Anyways, I'm trying to get away from my parents. They can be pretty embarrassing sometimes, today included. By the way you kind of sounded like them with that strangers comment. You don't have to worry about me, I can handle myself." She looked back at the book sitting in front Payton. "Sorry if I interrupted your reading. What's the book about?" she asked generally interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Payton hadn't heard her tell him her name, he had been too absorbed in his book to notice she had evem sat down in the first place. "Oh, sorry. I didn't hear you say your name at first. Too busy reading." He held up his book to show her the cover. "Its about Quidditch. Its a sport in the wizarding world. I'm gonna play it at school. I wanna be the seeker." He could talk all day about Quidditch if he really wanted to, but he wouldn't so he wouldn't bore the poor girl.

He thought this would be the perfect opportunity to make a new friend. "So, you must be new. I'm already a second year. "I'm guessing you're muggle born. I am too. But I have an older sister that's a witch and a brother. So, I know about magic."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Once Adela got Payton talking, he seemed pretty cool. Maybe he wasn't as uptight as she had first thought. He wasn't bad looking either. Adela was excited to think she would be going to school with this boy. She was also very interested in this magical sport he was talking about. Then again, everything involving magic interested her.

"Quidditch huh. That sounds fun. You should teach me about it. I hope you make the team," Adela wanted to keep talking to Payton as much as she could before her parents dragged her away. "You said you were a muggle born and that I probably was too, so what exactly is that?" she asked kindly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Payton was getting into the conversation and was glad that Adela seemed to have the same interest. She seemed like a really cool person and he hoped she would be sorted into the same house as him so they could talk more.

"I will. Its a really cool sport." She seemed interested in the sport, probably because of the magic. "We fly on brooms, its more interesting than that though." Of course she hadn't learned that term yet, she was new to the wizarding world after all. "Oh, it means you don't have magical parents or family." He had learned that term his first year after someone had to explain it to him. "Just make sure no one calls you a mudblood. If anyone does, tell me. Its not a very nice term. Its very rude."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 pm

"Quidditch seems like a lot of fun, I can't wait for you to teach me all about it. I will be rooting for you when you become the seeker, which I'm sure you will," Adela said cheerfully. She had completely forgotten about her parents until now, being so interested in the conversation she was having with Payton. She quickly looked over her shoulder to make sure they hadn't come looking for her yet. She was relieved, although not so surprised, to see they were still talking to (more like tormenting) other people in the pub.

Adela smiled and turned her attention back to Payton. "Yep, there's nothing magical about those two." She pointed back at her parents. "I bet you can probably tell that by the way they are going around acting like a couple of tourists. They really don't know how embarrassing they can get sometimes. Were your parents like this when your older sister got her letter?" she asked hoping that she wasn't the only one with such dorks for parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Payton looked over Adela's shoulder at her parents. "They don't seem that bad." It was kind of cool that they wanted to know what world their daughter was entering. "Its cool that they care." Payton did have a huge family, but only his brother and sister helped him out in the wizarding world. "Well, my father was very proud of Teddy. My mother...she died when we were younger." He didn't wanna stay on the topic of his parents any longer. "Your parents don't seem too bad." He would actually like to meet them, but he kept quiet about that. "So, would you like anything to drink?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:03 pm

"oh, I didn't know that your mother had passed. I'm sorry I brought it up. It must be tough." Adela sensed that Payton didn't want to talk about the subject of his parents anymore, so she decided to go back to the subject of hers. "Yeah, I guess it is a good thing that they care so much, but they can just be a little too over dramatic sometimes. You have a point though, I would rather have them get over excited about things involving me than have them not care at all." She had never thought about it that way before. Adela looked back over her shoulder and saw her parents chit- chatting with the bartender. Although the man chuckled at what they were saying, she could see a look on his face that was as if to say, "just buy something or leave me alone." Adela turned back to Payton. "I'd love something to drink, but you better be careful. You might get pulled into their trap and never escape," she said teasingly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Payton chuckled, he wouldn't mind talking to her parents at all. But he rather talk to her instead. Even though Payton didn't have a mother, his sister Cherry was like one to him. So, he knew how the over protective thing worked. His brother was very protective of him and he was protective of his brother. "My family is just a big ball of over protection. We may get on each others nerves a lot, but we're always there for each other."

"Be right back." Payton got up from his spot and went over to the bartender that Adela's parents had been talking to. "I don't mean to interrupt, but can I have a butterbeer please?" The bartender seemed very greatful, he nodded at Payton and began working on his drink. After the drink was made, the bartender handed it to Payton. He told him it was on the house, probably for saving him for a couple minutes, and then made a remark along the lines of 'I hope your girlfriend enjoys her drink'. After clearing up the fact that Adela was not his girlfriend, he went back over to his table. "He said it was on the house and then said that he hopes you enjoy your drink." He left out the part about him assuming she was his girlfriend. "This is butterbeer, but don't worry, it has no alcohol in it." He had to be his favorite drink the bar had to offer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:22 am

"Thank you," Adela said when Payton returned with her drink. She took a sip of the butterbeer. "This is really good. I've never tasted anything quite like it before." She took another sip. "I'll have to remember this the next time I come to the pub. I think I'm really going to like it here." Adela was having a really nice time on her first day. The day had only just begun, too. She still had to go shopping for all of her school supplies, but for now she was happily having a conversation with her new friend. Hopefully they would see each other a lot around school. It's always nice to have a friend when starting something new so that you're not alone, especially when that friend already knows quite a bit about it and can help you out more, Adela thought.

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. Payton must of caught Adela's parents' attention when he went to get her drink, for now they were standing right next to the table Adela and Payton were sitting at, introducing themselves to him. Adela kept looking back and forth from Payton to her parents, watching their reactions. Payton actually seemed pleased to talk to them, which made her feel better. That is, until her mom looked at her, then at Payton, then back at her and winked. At this, Adela groaned and put her head in her hands.

After chatting with Payton for what seemed like hours, even though it was probably only a few minutes, Adela's parents turned to her and said that they should probably get going to shop for her supplies. She said goodbye to Payton and they made plans to see each other later. Adela took one last gulp of her butterbeer, finishing it. The moment they were out of Payton's earshot, her parents began talking about how nice he was and how much they liked him, and they didn't stop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top