Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Teach Me

Go down

Teach Me Empty Teach Me

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:20 pm

This was finally Payton's chance to learn Quidditch, if he had a teacher. With a broom in his hand, he decided that he would practice flying a little, while also looking for a person to teach him Quidditch. He looked around the field, a few people were here and there. But he didn't recognize anyone. So, he then decided to just try to fly a little and wait for someone to come. If he hoped, it might happen. He hoped on his broom, kicked the ground, and was off. Payton had only went flying a few times before and he thought he was very good at it.

The first time he had tried had been in class and he had gone faster than the other kids. Which he had learned was a good thing for Quidditch, to be fast. After reading a book about the sport from the Library, he had his heart set on the Seeker position. The Seeker needed to be fast and have a good eye. Being from his family, you had to have a good eye to find where your sibling hid your shoe or your toothbrush. Payton was good at finding things around his house, so he hoped finding the Snitch would be the same.

Payton raced across the field, enjoying the wind against his face. This was something that he would love to do all day and night, just fly around like a bird. It was an amazing feeling to Payton and he never wanted to come down.

Back to top Go down

Teach Me Empty Re: Teach Me

Post by Osmund Hollow Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:33 pm

His team was a failure. They had already lost two games, even though Osmund had pushed the MOntagnard Quidditch players to their limits in practice. He just didn't know where he was going wrong and needed to blow off steam some way. He decided whacking around some bludgers would be just as good as anything.

He took one of the school's bludgers from the broom cupboard and headed out on his own broom, flying laps around the pitch and volleying the bludger to himself again and again. He used all the strength in his arm to send the bludger flying and enjoyed the burning feeling it left in his arm when it tired out. He was slowly calming back down.

However he wasn't alone on the pitch and it wasn't until one of his bludgers flew astray and almost knocked the boy off of his broom that Osmund realized this. "Hey! Get out of the way, moron!" Osmund called to him. He'd hate to get blamed for knocking the brains out of the younger lad, but it was he who was in his way, rather than the other way around. "Can't you see I'm practicing? Don't you want to see Montagnard win the final game?"
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Sagittarius Posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Payton was minding his own business when all of a sudden something went past him, close enough for him to hear it go by his ear. Startled, he almost fell off his broom, but he kept his balance. He held on tight to his broom, so tight that his knuckles were white.

He turned around to see the captain of the Montagnard Qudditch team, he recognized him from a few games. "I was here first!" He called to him, but he didn't expect him to hear him. He was in awe to meet a Quidditch player, even if they never won. It was his house after all, but his team wasn't very good. Maybe with his help, they would be better.

"Of course I want Montagnard to win, I am in that house after all." Maybe he could learn learn Quidditch from the captain and be good enough actually join the team. "Hey! I wanna learn Quidditch! Can you teach me?" He moved closer to the other boy with excellent speed and balance. "Please? If I'm good enough, I could make the team. Which could help the team win. And be better..." He mumbled the last part in case he made the boy mad. "Oh, I'm Payton Johnson, by the way."

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:07 pm

"You were here first? That's a great excuse to get hit in the head with a bludger!" Osmund called, indignantly to the boy. The Quidditch pitch was a community lot and unless he had arranged for a full team practice, he couldn't expect it to be clear of other students. He wasn't asking the first year to get off of the pitch. He was telling him to pay attention because he didn't want to have to clean up the blood when the other boy's stupidity made him take a bludger to the skull.

With the other boy aware that Osmund was beating bludgers around, Osmund slipped back into practice mode and continued his work, only half-listening to the boy. "Wow, that's cool," He replied, sounding disinterested. "No, I am busy." He was there to practice, not to babysit. "Unless you are a damn good seeker, I don't need you," He added, scowling a bit at how everyone seemed to think that the Montagnard team sucked even though the only reason why they had lost the two previous games were because Cerisier had the luck to catch the snitch. He wondered how much longer the boy was going to hang around. He seemed persistent, especially after he gave himself an introduction, like Osmund genuinely wanted to know his name. "Hmmm, the answer to a question I never asked," he muttered to himself.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Payton didn't like the other boy's attitude much, but he was determined to get help. "I could be a great Seeker if I was taught properly. Who better to teach me than the Captain?" All Payton wanted to do was show off his skills and try to impress this guy. Which looked like it would be hard. "I'm pretty fast, I could be a great Seeker." If he would just give him a chance, he'd show him. "Can't I just show you?" The other boy was too busy practicing to pay much attention to Payton, but he was determined to get all of his attention. Even if it took hours. He would keep bothering him until he agreed to teach him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:04 am

The boy was showing no sign of giving up anytime soon, persisting that he would be an excellent seeker for the team. What made Osmund uneasy was the fact that Payton said he would be great after he was taught how. "You don't even know how to be a seeker and you're that confident? Some might call you cocky," He deadpanned. He was about to tell the kid to go away and come back when he knew what he was doing, but the boy gave him no time at all to speak.

Osmund sighed audibly. "Right if I let you show me your bloody deal will you leave me alone?" he asked, unenthused. He just wanted to get on with his practice, not teach any air-stealing brat how to play a sport he would suck at anyway.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:50 am

Cocky? Payton didn't like that at all. Just because he was trying to show him his skills didn't mean he was 'cocky'. "My sister once told me that you have to believe in yourself before you can do something." Payton reminded himself what she told him whenever he wanted to give up or try something new. "And I believe in myself, its always helped before."

Payton nodded. "I promise I will leave you alone." Payton began to zoom up and around, showing off his speed. He then went close to the ground and picked up a ring that couldn't have been seen unless you were walking around while looking down. He zoomed back over to the boy, stopped in front of him, and showed him the ring. "I found it on the ground. Someone must have lost it." After this, he'd have to return the ring to its owner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Osmund nodded along in complete disinterest. "Well that is...that is so great for you," He said, his words smothered in sarcasm. What an adorable little lie his sister had told him! He rolled his eyes in his head and tried to hide his smile as the boy flew off, vowing to leave him alone.

Going back to hitting bludgers around, Osmund forgot about the boy as soon as he dove away on his broom. There was no way that little brat was going to save his team anytime soon.

The bludger he hit went a bit lower than he had anticipated and as his eyes followed it's path, they landed on the boy from before, who had picked something up from the ground and was coming towards him. He scowled as he was about to complain that the boy vowed to stay away, but then he saw what was in his hand.

"You...you saw that from all the way up here?" He had to admit he was somewhat impressed with the boy's eyesight. "I guess...I guess we can work something out with you." He admitted. "But there is no promise you will get on the team!" He added in later, practically yelling it.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Payton was pleased that the other boy was finally giving him a chance. He was pretty sure that he had impressed him, but it didn't seem like the boy would admit it. "I have a lot of people in my house and they hide my things," he explained like it was obvious. "My siblings come to me when looking for things. But then they hide my stuff. But I help them anyways."

A huge smile formed on his face when the boy said he'd teach him. "Thanks!" He ignored the fact that he had said there was no promise that he'd be on the team. He already knew that, but he wanted to try his best anyway. "I know, but I'm trying out anyways." He was so excited, he couldn't wait to learn how to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:24 am

Osmund ignored most of Payton's backstory that he said, not caring much for the personal lives of his team's players, however it seemed like they were always telling him about it. He rolled his eyes and then told Payton to wait there for a moment as he descended back onto the ground and exchange his bludger for a bucket of golf balls.

"I'm going to hit these golf balls and I want you to retrieve them, okay? Pretend that they are snitches," He called up towards Payton. This way, he could practice hitting things around and his potential new seeker could practice catching the snitch. "Ready?" Not that he cared. He hammered away the first of the golf balls to the opposite side of the pitch.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Payton nodded a reply, but the boy had already started hitting a gold ball. He chased after it with excellent speed and balance. He smiled as he caught the ball in his hand, even if it did hurt. Couldn't he have chosen a soft ball? Golf balls hurt. But he didn't complain, at least he agreed to teach him. He knew that his hands were going to hate him after this, but it would be worth it in the end. Especially if he made the Quidditch team. "Caught it!" He let the ball drop to the ground, he was ready for the next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmund Hollow Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:24 am

Osmund watched as the boy made good speed and caught the golf ball he had sent flying. Maybe he had hit it a little too easy, but he had to start somewhere and work his way up if he was going to train this seeker. He made no comment of being pleased with Payton's work. He'd save all compliments for the end, so the already big-headed kid's head wouldn't get any bigger.

"Woah woah woah! What are you doing!?" He called to the boy angrily as he noticed something. "You dumb ass! You can't seek without gloves! You'll bang up your hands and then where will you be!?" Not playing for his team, that was for sure. He retrieved a pair from the changing rooms and beckoned for the boy to come down. "Always wear these gloves when practicing." He huffed and then sent the boy away again. This time he hit the golf ball even harder, directing it in a different direction to make the boy get used to having to change directions often.
Osmund Hollow
Osmund Hollow
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Before Payton could say thank you, he was up in the air again and speeding towards another golf ball that flew in the a different direction. He caught it with ease and the gloves helped a lot. It made it easier to catch the golf balls. He made a note of going to buy some later on that week so he could practice more and wouldn't have to borrow any. Once he caught the ball, he let it drop to the ground. He didn't announce that he caught it like he did before cause he knew the other boy didn't really care. He was ready for the next one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum