Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Woes of a Prefect

2 posters

Go down

Woes of  a Prefect Empty Woes of a Prefect

Post by Andrea Ritter Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:17 am

"I never asked for this job," Andrea complained as she looked at the mess caused by a prank some other student thought would be fun. There was foam everywhere and not a professor in sight. Just her and a few dozen other students trying to get through the foam. She slipped and fell. "Ugh," she grumbled and carefully pushed herself up again.

There had to be a stop to this and she was the only prefect in the hall. Damn it all. That meant she had that responsibility to bring it back to order. "Okay," she called out. "That is it. Who did this? Come on. You've had your joke. Fix it now!" She crossed her arms and tapped her foot. Considering her feet were hidden beneath the foam the foot tapping was not making much of an effect. It not only kept them hidden but also muffled the sound.
Andrea Ritter
Andrea Ritter
Adult
Adult

Libra Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Woes of  a Prefect Empty Re: Woes of a Prefect

Post by Anthony Hayes Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:29 am

Breakfast at Beauxbatons was completely optional, and Anthony often just slept through it so he'd be more awake for first period Herbology. But today, someone had knocked on his dorm room's door to tell him about this massive prank that was planned in the Grand Hall. He was not happy to have to get into uniform early and go downstairs. Hopefully he could stop it in time, or another Prefect could, but he had a feeling that he wasn't going to make it.

And he was correct. He almost slipped as he walked into the Grand Hall. There was soap everywhere. His feet were submerged in sudsy water. We are literally all dead, he thought.

He did see a Prefect standing in the middle of all the mess, her arms crossed, obviously interrogating everyone in the room. He walked towards her as quickly as he could manage without slipping. The bottom of his pants were weighing his legs down and the soaked shoes weren't making it easy. "What the hell happened in here? Did you see it?" he asked the girl. Anthony was always forgetting this prefect's name for some reason, even though she was an announcer, too.
Anthony Hayes
Anthony Hayes
Adult
Adult

Taurus Posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Ritter Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:57 pm

"What does it look like happened," Andrea snapped. The normally placid prefect was in a very volatile mood right then and didn't care who was in the firing line. "Someone in this room somehow managed to flood the hall with these suds. I didn't see who or how they did it but I did see the bubbles rising." She brushed away one bubble tickling her nose which only added to her irritation.

Her eyes turned from the head boy to the other students around them and suddenly pointed to one pair of third years. "You two. Were you responsible for all this?" In her eyes they looked guiltier than anyone else in the room. Her eyes narrowed when they denied it. She returned her attention to Anthony. "Now that you're here how about you take over and find out who did it and how?" Because right in this moment she'd had enough of responsibility. It was a bloody nightmare.
Andrea Ritter
Andrea Ritter
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Hayes Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Anthony understood the prefect's frustration, but she didn't need to be rude. "It was a rhetorical question, thank you," he replied.

The seventh year shrugged. He took a few sloshy steps through the water to the bench of one of the Éclairage tables and stepped up onto it, narrowly avoiding falling off. "Listen up!" he yelled. "If we no one admits to it, we will all have detention! Every single last one of us! So someone needs to come forward! What will it be?" he asked, crossing his arms. No one said anything. "No one wants to step up and take one for the team? I can assure you right now that a detention with me or with Palmer is not going to be as bad as one with Madame Leblanc. You all know that. So what will it be?" Anthony asked.
Anthony Hayes
Anthony Hayes
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Ritter Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:19 pm

"That's not going to work," Andrea said in an undertone. She was utterly convinced whoever did this wouldn't care that everyone would get detention if they didn't own up. And anyone else sacrificing themselves was too selfless of an act for anyone to wish to undertake. She certainly didn't want to be the one to claim responsibility for something she didn't do. She'd had enough of being blamed for everything at her last school whether she'd been guilty or not.

Andrea put her hands on her hips and glared at all present including the head boy. Why not? If he'd been here in the first place then perhaps the guilty party wouldn't have tried anything. Then someone did step forward and Andrea's mouth dropped open. "Well I guess I was wrong," she said in an undertone. "Shall I leave you to deal with them whilst I find someone to clean up this mess?"
Andrea Ritter
Andrea Ritter
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Hayes Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:12 am

Anthony grinned. Something told him that this wasn't the person responsible, but it wasn't about who did it. "Thank you," he said to the person who had just saved everyone from writing lines with Madame Leblanc. The Head Boy stepped down into the foamy mess cautiously, hoping to not slip. He almost did, but caught himself on the table. He held onto it with one hand.

"That sounds fine," he replied. He reached into his pockets to retrieve his mini quill and detention paper notepad, but he was coming up empty. "Actually, Andrea," he said, hoping that was the right name (it felt right), "Do you have any detention slips and possibly a writing utensil? I was in a hurry to get down here and I must have left them in the treehouse."
Anthony Hayes
Anthony Hayes
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Ritter Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Andrea felt in her pockets and pulled out the requested slips, never been used by herself, and a quill with the feather all crumpled and broken. "There should be some ink in here somewhere," she muttered as she plunged her hand back into the pocket of her robes. "Ah got it," she said and pulled out the bottle of ink her hand had touched. "You can return them to me later up in the Common Room. I'm going to go and get my uniform dried off."

Her ears twitched as she heard the squishiness of her sodden shoes and socks as she exited the hallway. Looking up and down the corridor Andrea decided to risk it, pull them off and go barefoot all the way back up to the indoor treehouse. "I should never have been given this job," she grumbled as her barefeet patted along the corridor and up the stairs.
Andrea Ritter
Andrea Ritter
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down