Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Inherit the Ability

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inherit the Ability

Post by Minnie Puchard on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:58 pm

Minnie wasn't quite sure her mother's old broom was quite up to scratch for flying. True it had barely been used but it had also been second-hand.  Maman had a lot of second hand stuff growing up and somehow she hadn't seen any need for Minnie to have a new broom but rather one which was now third-hand.  How well would she do in the try-outs later after mastering the art of flight and balance?  

She stood there in a row with the other first years waiting for the first instruction from Professor Bowen.  It was coming.  The moment was here.  Minnie was confused by the first instruction. She never ever could recall seeing anyone ever summon a broom to their hand.  Maybe with their wand but to tell it to get up?  Minnie looked down at the broom lying on the ground. "Well you'd better obey me then.  Just because I'm not your original owner it doesn't mean I'm not your owner now."  With that said she held out her hand and spoke the word, "up."  She gave the broom her best growly look.  "Listen to me. UP!  Up you pathetic broom!"  

Minnie scanned the group of first years to see if anyone else was having trouble. Surely at least everyone who had a school broom must be having as much trouble as she was; the third owner of her own broom.

padmemidalas@tda
Minnie Puchard
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inherit the Ability

Post by Zach Branson on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Zach was wondering around the castle trying to find out where he needed to go for flying practice... several times he got lost and had to ask for assistance. Till he finally found a teacher that helped him.

"E-excuse me ma'am... C-can you show me how to get to the Flying Grounds?" Zach spoke with a quiver in his voice.

"Ah hello! You must be a first year! I shall help you to your way to the Quidditch Pitch! Just follow me," she spoke.

She was a rather older looking lady and something about her was welcoming to Zach. They walked for about 5min and when Zach got to the Quidditch Pitch, he seen a bunch of kids yelling "Up!" at their brooms. He thanked the lady and ran over there and before he could stop himself he screamed "Hey! I know you! You were the one with the hedgehog issues!"

Everyone stopped for a minute and looked at Zach.

"Boy what are you doing? I am teaching a class about learning how to fly! Not asking silly questions!" barked the lady teaching the class.

Zach felt stupid and then got in line with the other students and tried doing what they were doing. Zach made one big mistake though... His broom was in between his legs and not to the side of his side... After several times of yelling up, it finally came up and when it did he wished he had his broom off to the side. He had some bad pain and then the broom took off underneath of him. He wasn't exactly holding on so it crashed into the dirt about 20ft away. Nearly knocking out the kid across from him but luckily he ducked.

Zach laid there in pain,

"Why didn't you say something? That hurt!" staring at the girl.

Zach was wishing at this point he would of paid more attention...
Zach Branson
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnie Puchard on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:57 am

Minnie gave the yelling boy a puzzled look. Hedgehog problem? She'd completely forgotten all about the made up incident at the pub and had no clue what the boy was talking about. Besides she had the more important issue of making her broom leap up into her hand, something the broom was not co-operating over. "Come on you stupid broom. Do what I tell you? Do you want to become firewood?" She straightened again and tried once more. "UP." She rolled her eyes. "Finally," she muttered.

With her triumph, Minnie completely missed what the hedgehog yelling boy had done until she saw the kid across from them duck. She turned to see the boy lying on the ground and blaming her. "Excuse me? I had my own broom problems. No time to see what on earth you were doing. Better get up off the ground before Professor Bowen comes down this end to question you." He was already in the professor's bad books for interrupting the class by coming late and yelling at her. Minnie still hadn't figured out what that was about.

padmemidalas@tda
Minnie Puchard
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zach Branson on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:25 pm

Laying on the ground, still in a lot of pain, he manged to squeak out "I am the one that went running in the kitchen looking for the hedgehog. You don't remember me?"

"Sorry... I just got really mad at frustrated. It has been a long confusing day for me today and so far it has been a rather odd day too." Zach gave in a more gentle tone

Zach was still quite in a lot of pain but he finally got up.

"What the heck do you think you were doing? You hurt yourself and nearly took off the head of another student! Now, go grab your broom Branson!" the teacher said very firmly.

He walked over to get his broom and as he walked back some of the students were laughing and pointing. As he walked closer to the group the teacher stared him down and wanted him to come to the front of the group... Zach stood next to the teacher and felt much shame.

"Class... He is an example of exactly why you should never be late. You may miss important instructions and end up hurting yourself or others. Now get back there Mr.Branson and try and do pay attention."

Zach felt like just leaving the class, but he didn't. After hearing that he see's others finally getting their brooms to come up but he still couldn't get his up again. Zach took a moment to calm down as he was getting mad again and then he gave a clear firm "Up!" and his broom then slowly came up to his hand and he was quite excited about that! He never actually grabbed the broom though as he thought it wouldn't happen so the broom fell back to the ground but he now felt a bit better.
Zach Branson
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnie Puchard on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:31 am

Minnie's eyes widened at the boy on the ground. "Oh. That hedgehog," she replied. "You really are fixated on that hedgehog," she added. With a quick look at where Professor Bowen was at she quickly whispered, "it wasn't real." Minnie may have originally planned to keep her secret to herself but in the current circumstances he was going to need something to give him something else to think about after the professor had finished with him. The boy did look like he was having a bad day today.

As tempting as it was to laugh along with the others Minnie decided to throw him a sympathetic smile instead. He was going to need something more after not only being bawled out in front of the entire class but also finding out her hedgehog didn't exist.

"You do know don't you that you're supposed to hold onto it," Minnie whispered to him. Her focus though was quickly returned to the professor. She was more than eager to get onto the next stage of learning the art of flying a broom. The next stage of becoming a better Quidditch player than her father.

padmemidalas@tda
Minnie Puchard
Adult
Adult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top