Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Let's Talk About Godmoding! (and Site Changes)

Go down

Let's Talk About Godmoding! (and Site Changes) Empty Let's Talk About Godmoding! (and Site Changes)

Post by Minister Viridian Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:48 am

Hello! I just wanted to say I'm back on the site full time, now. I'm going to be lead minister again, so know that I'll be here running the site. Minister Zaofu and Minister Sherlock will be here to help, as well.

So first, I want to talk about an issue I've been seeing quite a bit of. I would like to discuss Godmoding, what it is and why it's wrong. Charm and Grace is welcoming of many types of different writing styles and to all levels of RP experience. I was a beginner when I started here, too. That being said, Godmoding was a mistake I once made, too, and now I know why it's inexcusable if you know better.

Godmoding is taking control of another handler's character. If you give a character that is not yours other characteristics, if you say they are doing something that the handler has not previously stated, if you comment on information that hasn't been said by the character, you are Godmoding. This is a problem simply because it's rude.

If, for example, someone said that Isobel Green has blonde hair, that would be Godmoding, since her handler has mentioned numerous times that Isobel has brown hair. Another handler can't say that Isobel dyed her hair, because that could interfere with her handler's plot for Isobel.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is if you have to make up something about another character for your response to work, don't respond to that thread. Make an open. Or shoot them a PM and say, "Hey, can I say *thing* about your character?" or something like, "Hey, I really want to take your thread, but I don't know how to respond. Can you change it/Can I start a closed thread for our characters?" Most of the time, if it's not a huge request, the answer will be, "Yes! I'll change it!" or "Sure! I'm all for new threads! Joe needs friends/enemies!" But DO NOT godmode!

That being said, no one is in trouble. No one is getting kicked out or anything. Hopefully, this is a situation we can solve really quickly, just by this. I know I seem intimidating at times, but I'm here to help and I'm friendly, I promise. I just have to be serious, at times.

Now, for the lighter subjects. Next term, we are going to change our house system. We have too few students to have four houses, so we will be switching to two houses, just like we had in 2014. They will be two completely new names.

Also, we are going to have some sort of event next term for the students. I have an idea, but it needs some tweaking. We're better if we all work together. And I assure you, the other Ministers feel the same way. The three of us only have so many ideas and we want something fun for everyone involved. So if there's something you want to see on Charm and Grace, let me know, or post in the Suggestion Box.

And that's all I have for now! Happy posting!
Minister Viridian
Minister Viridian
Admin
Admin

Aries Posts : 85

Back to top Go down