Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Two strange students and a timeless watch.

4 posters

Go down

Two strange students and a timeless watch. Empty Two strange students and a timeless watch.

Post by Ursula Valdez Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:59 am

Ursula was looking forward to her first class of Defense Against the Dark Arts. She heard the professor was especially strict and severe, but she didn't really mind that. After all, she came here to learn how to handle herself, right? And those Charm classes weren't really quite... What was the word... Exciting? She arrived 5 minutes early, only to find that nobody was in the hallway and that the door was already closed. Was her watch running late? She knocked on the door. A deep bass replied.

"Enter."

She did, only to find that all of the Feu and Cerisier students were already inside.

"Miss Valdez, I assume? Sit down. Don't be late again."

Was she actually late? She sat down at one of the two last free spots, next to a girl with long brown hair. First impressions time... She hated it.

"I'm Ursula Valdez. 3 questions: who are you, what did I miss and what time is it?"
Ursula Valdez
Ursula Valdez
Adult
Adult

Aquarius Posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Two strange students and a timeless watch. Empty Re: Two strange students and a timeless watch.

Post by Stephanie Vargas Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Stephanie was really interested in all kinds magical classes. She was the kind of girl that loved school, especially since it was essential for her future. Controlling her magic, was her number one priority. However, the "Defense Against the Dark Arts" class seemed pretty...unimportant to her. She didn't live during an era of a wizarding war, and it was illegal for wizards to practice Dark Arts anyway. It would be statistically, almost impossible for her to meet a wizard which practiced the Dark Arts and wanted to harm her. She went to the class in time, as always, nevertheless.

As always, she organized her desk and paid attention to the professor. Professor Cox, was a really strict teacher. Stephanie didn't mind strict professors, though. They put students in order. She couldn't stand loud students who didn't pay attention to class. Even worse, they were distracting her!

As she was listening to the Professor, a girl entered inside the class. She was late. Stephanie sighed. Many people were late at classes...punctuality was one of Stephanie's primary concerns and ideals...It's not that she hated unpunctual people. She just couldn't understand them. That girl quickly came towards Stephanie and sat next to her. Stephanie was surprised... She kept her calm expression, nevertheless.

"Um...I'm Stephanie..." She said, as quietly as she could. She shouldn't talk in class. It was inappropriate. And of course, she shouldn't talk to people who are bad influence for her...like that unpunctual girl...Stephanie didn't want to come off as unfriendly, but she tried to ignore Ursula...at least during the class.
Stephanie Vargas
Stephanie Vargas
Adult
Adult

Gemini Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Two strange students and a timeless watch. Empty Re: Two strange students and a timeless watch.

Post by Aidan De Gaule Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:43 pm

Aidan wasn't looking forward to DADA. First of all, he heard that practically nobody actually used dark magic anymore, and second, he heard the professor was a huge prick. Nevertheless, he didn't want the professor to hate him from day one, so he arrived on time. What he did notice, however, was that nobody else was there. He checked his phone. He was perfectly on time! He knocked on the door.

"Enter."

He opened the door, to find about 20 11-year olds facing him. He'd already seen some of them in the common room, but most of them were probably from another house. More importantly, though, there was a tall man standing in front of the classroom who wasn't too happy to see him.

"I'll guess you are mister De Gaule. Sit down. Next time you're late you won't get away with it so easily."

Aidan was a bit confused. He was on time... Right? He checked his phone. Classes started exactly thirty seconds ago...

"Excuse me, sir, but I'm perfectly on time."

Those were the wrong words. Horrible. A cataclysmic experience, the end of the world was near for Aidan. One does not simply talk back to Cox! He nearly ran towards were Aidan was standing.

"Do you think dark wizards have a schedule? Breakfast till 8, then first class? NO!" Everyone jumped a little. "The dark arts never rest, and if you are going to slack off in my class, I will make sure you never ever return. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

Aidan was terrified. But he didn't show it. He looked Cox straight into the eyes.

"Yes, sir.", he said, with a defiant glimpse in his eyes. Cox glared him down before returning to the blackboard. Aidan took the only place that remained, next to a girl with black hair and a hell of a fine tan.

"Wow. I didn't think he'd overreact that way... I feel like I've seen you before somewhere. Aidan, by the way."
Aidan De Gaule
Aidan De Gaule
Adult
Adult

Scorpio Posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursula Valdez Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Ursula got genuine goosebumps from that. That De Gaule dude really had balls of steel... Standing up to the professor, just like that. How did he stand there with a straight face as Cox literally shouted his ears off? He was heading in her direction. Please don't sit near me... Nobody heard her plea as she looked around to see every other spot taken. He sat down next to her. She took a deep breath and looked straight at the blackboard, without ever really seeing what it said. She heard his voice... Man up, Ursula! Now is not the time to be nervous! She looked him dead in the eye.

"I'm not really sure from where you'd know me, but I'm Ursula. What you just did was so cool, like, you just... I don't know, but I really think it was great. You're a fourth year, right? What are you doing here?", she asked. This was going great!
Ursula Valdez
Ursula Valdez
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan De Gaule Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:11 pm

Ursula... Ursula... He had heard that name somewhere before. Where, though? He remembered. Apollo told him about a really weird girl called Ursula who nearly beat him unconcious? He couldn't really imagine this girl doing that, however. She just looked too... Innocent? 

"Well, I have some classes I have to catch up with since this is my first year on this school, but I studied some classes at home so I wouldn't have to be 21 when I graduate. It's a little rough, but I'll make it. Only bummer is that I'll probably have to spend my next holidays preparing for the rest of my class exams if I want to be a full fifth-year next year."

"BACK ROW!" He ducked as Cox threw chalk at the three of them. They stayed quiet for a minute or two. 

"Well, I think we can already forget passing this class..." He who was sitting next to Ursula and saw a girl frantically taking notes. He tapped her on the shoulder. "Sorry for that.", he whispered.
Aidan De Gaule
Aidan De Gaule
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Vargas Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:11 pm

As Stephanie was trying to remain quiet, a guy entered inside the class. He was late as well...Just like Ursula. He talked back at the professor...Stephanie wouldn't really agree with such behavior. However, that guy had a point. The professor got extremely mad. Stephanie tried to ignore the whole situation and take some notes. He walked quickly towards her and Ursula, and sat next to Ursula...Stephanie ignored them and paid attention at Mr. Cox. 

During his and Ursula's conversation, Stephanie managed to listen to his name...Aidan? Hmm...it was an unusual name. As the two of them were talking, Stephanie tried to ignore them, but she couldn't. So she stopped taking notes and decided to listen to their conversation. The professor suddenly shouted and threw a chalk at the three of them. She jumped from her seat. That was sudden!

She immediately returned in writing her notes, in a quick pace...

"It's OK, Aidan..." She said as she accelerated her pace of writing...
Stephanie Vargas
Stephanie Vargas
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursula Valdez Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Ursula was trying to focus on the class, she really was, but that guy was just so captivating... They talked for a good while, and she figured out that he was going to have Herbology and Potions with her as well. They talked about Brazil, about the bracelet she saw in a shop, about magical creatures and even about Quidditch. They got a regular dose of chalk thrown at them, but they didn't really mind. Chalk wasn't toxic or anything, right?

She saw Stephanie write something down about imps. OK, she really needed to focus. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Aidan waving his wand. She was a bit mesmerized by it, until she noticed his pen was writing down exactly what Cox was saying. He had to teach her that one day. Just hold on until period's over...
Ursula Valdez
Ursula Valdez
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan De Gaule Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:19 pm

As Aidan was dozing off a little, somebody knocked on the door. He wasn't quite sure what was happening, but suddenly Cox was speeding towards the door while mumbling something that strangely sounded like "Why is it always trolls? Why not vampire bats?". He didn't even pay attention to Aidan's floating pen or to Ursula's really, really long yawn. As soon as he left, Aidan started to regret not taking all his classes with the fourth-years. Honestly, most of these kids were either brats or jerks, and then you had Ursula and that girl next to her. They were cool, but the others? They were standing up and going to all of the cages containing... Well, stuff. Aidan wasn't too sure on what everything was, and he wasn't planning on finding out. He decided to practice some charms. He threw his pen on the ground, completely twisting it. "Reparo." He waved, and the pen was in perfect shape again. He felt kind of bad for people without magic, never getting to repair anything just like that...

And then the screaming started. First, Aidan thought some kid poked himself with his wand, something which happened more than you would think. Then, he saw scarlet flames rising from the front of the class. He rose. "Which one of you idiots did something stupid?!" He saw a little... thing... come at him at full speed. "Flipendo!" he shouted, and the little monster splatted against the blackboard. It was recovering, however... "How do we... FLIPENDO! How do- CONFRINGO! How the hell do we handle these things?!" A table set on fire due to his spell. Great. "Extinguo." The fire subsided. He looked to the two girls. They stared back at him. This was his first year of this nonsense too!
Aidan De Gaule
Aidan De Gaule
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Vargas Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:21 pm

After Professor Cox threw that chalk at the three of them, Stephanie didn't stop paying attention. Ursula and Aidan probably had a really interesting conversation. She didn't really mind, though. She had to focus. It was more than passing this class. It was about her future. She was writing as fast as she could, till her hand finally got tired and sore. She looked at the professor. He was...leaving the class? Wait, he wasn't supposed to do that! Stephanie sighed. At least she could give her hand, some rest. Maybe talk to Aidan and Ursula a little...She felt sad about the fact they were talking without her. But it was her choice. She had to think primarily about her responsibilities and choices. These simple choices are the ones that are going to form her future.

Suddenly, the kids started screaming. She groaned. These first year wizards were so immature. She felt like she didn't belong there. She was much more serious and mature than most of them. At least, Ursula, Andrea and...Hassan...were normal. Out of nowhere, scarlet flames started rising from the front of the class...She almost screamed. But Aidan casted a spell and protected her and Ursula. Stephanie stared at Aidan in shock. He stared back.

"L-Let me handle that." She stepped forward and took her hand out of her pocket.

"Aqua Eructo!" A jet of clear water was shot from the tip of her wand, towards the creatures. It pushed them all, against the wall and prevented them from creating any sort of flames. However...were they...resisting her spell?

"I-I don't know what happening...They seem to try to move towards me...I can't hold them for long..." Suddenly her spell broke and she fell on the ground. She quickly grabbed her hand and shouted:

"Confundo!" The creatures seemed to get dizzy and befuddled...but she knew, it wasn't going to last for long.

"N-Now what?"
Stephanie Vargas
Stephanie Vargas
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan De Gaule Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:00 am

Aidan had an idea, but there was nearly zero percent chance that it would work and that nobody was going to get hurt. And he had to rely on Ursula and Stephanie to make it work. 

"Ursula, do you know the shielding spell?" She shook her head. "Alright, this is going to be complicated. I'm going to fire off a spell, and from the moment I do, you have to shield us all. The incantation is "Protego". You think you can do that?" She nodded and said the spell once. It immediately worked. Great! "You might want to stand back a little... It might get rough." He took a deep breath and hoped he could rely on Ursula for this... He stood up. He took his wand and pointed it to the front of the room. All of the little monsters were still over there, so just maybe... "EXPLUSO!" Aidan shouted on top of his lungs.
Aidan De Gaule
Aidan De Gaule
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursula Valdez Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:16 am

Ursula didn't know what to do, so she just kind of followed Aidan's lead. She shouted "Flipendo" at everything that moved, even knocking a boy over his desk. She never really liked him anyway. Then came Aidan's sudden idea. She had no idea what he was going to do, but it sounded like he really needed her... "It was kind of like Quidditch, wasn't it?", she thought as she practiced the charm for a bit. She nodded to Aidan. "Ready." 

He shouted something Ursula couldn't hear, because she was shouting herself. "PROTEGO MAXIMO!" She didn't remember where, but someone told her you could amplify your spell by adding Maximo to the end. She was getting shoved back by the force of Aidan's spell, but they were fine... For now. She saw the front of the room crumbling before her eyes, and the autumn sun broke through the hole in the wall. The pressure around her was unbearable, but she was doing it... She stood there for over a full minute, as the palace shook a little... Aidan turned to her and said something, but she didn't hear what. She didn't really hear anything. He placed his hand on her arm, moving her spell away from her. Her shield fell away, from her and from everyone in the room. All that remained of the imps were some green splatters... She sat down. She needed a break after that. Aidan tapped her on the shoulder. He smiled and stuck up his thumb.
Ursula Valdez
Ursula Valdez
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Leblanc Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:36 pm

"What on earth is going on in here?" Madame Leblanc asked, rounding the corner into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom.

Or what was left of the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. There was now a giant hole in the front of the room, along with copious amounts of goo from whatever creature had been inside the classroom.

Madame Leblanc immediately walked out of the classroom to catch her breath and to prevent her temper from getting the better of her. She inhaled deeply before returning. "Your class is dismissed. I want the students responsible for this in my office immediately."

Ooc: Aidan, Stephanie, and Ursula will all receive a mandatory detention. They will be sent a PM when the thread is written and they will be expected to post at least twice in it or further disciplinary action will be taken.
Madame Leblanc
Madame Leblanc
Professor
Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down