Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Advice? On Books, of Course.

Go down

Advice? On Books, of Course. Empty Advice? On Books, of Course.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Carly enjoyed reading. It was how she relaxed when she needed a break. Going on adventures with her brothers was sometimes exhausting. But that didn't happen much anymore, as her next oldest sibling was now fifteen. She really didn't spend a lot of time with any of them anymore. Except her oldest brother, Paul, to whom she was closest.

She knew that this should be a school book only trip to the bookstore, but she couldn't help but be more interested in the magic books than text books. The other books looked so bizarre compared to the textbooks.

She didn't even know where to begin searching for a book to read.

So she wandered around on her own until she found a person who was reading. "Excuse me? Can you suggest a book for me to read? Something good for an eleven-year-old to read?" she asked, not minding that she could be interrupting them.

Back to top Go down

Advice? On Books, of Course. Empty Re: Advice? On Books, of Course.

Post by Linette Puchard Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Contrary to what she'd once thought, Linette found it difficult to instil a love of books in her daughter. Mignon was only four but Linette was sure that when she was her age she'd already shown an interest in books and a desire to know how to read. She had hadn't she? She must have because there was no way Linette could have ever gone through the stage her daughter was going through.

She looked down at her daughter's face, one which suggested boredom. Linette squeezed Mignon's hand and warned, "Hold tight. We're going into a place of books. Most terrifying for one so young." The reaction was one of confusion and Linette grinned at the four year old. "You're going to choose a book." With those ominous words out she dragged her daughter into one of her favourite shops and was very quickly stopped by a girl a fair few years older than her own girl.

"Eleven year old hmm?" Linette queried. "Mignon go over to the picture books and choose something for yourself. I'll help this young lady here." Once she waved her daughter off she turned to the other girl. "Now any subjects which interest you? I've plenty of ideas of what you might like to read but it'll narrow it down if you know something of what you're after."
Linette Puchard
Linette Puchard
Adult
Adult

Gemini Posts : 486

Back to top Go down