Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

On My Own

Go down

On My Own Empty On My Own

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:10 pm

Carly still couldn't believe that she was in France. She had never dreamed that she'd ever use the French she had learned in school for anything other than to boost the GPA that she didn't have just yet. But here she was, feeling completely inadequate and uneducated and lost. She didn't quite understand the directions she had received. She needed to go somewhere to ask for help.

A restaurant seemed like the perfect place to go. After all, she just needed to be pointed in the correct direction. Maybe someone who spoke a decent amount of English. Or someone with patience for an eleven-year-old who was fairly new to French.

She walked into the building and looked around. She had many options of who to talk to, but she had to seek out someone who looked friendly.

She couldn't find a super warm face, but she decided to ask one that looked the least threatening. "Hello," she stuttered. "Can you help me? I'm lost." Carly hoped that she didn't sound like just another tourist. She needed to feel like Paris was home.

Back to top Go down

On My Own Empty Re: On My Own

Post by Lucie Banken Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:46 pm

At seventeen Lucie was well old enough to do her shopping on her own. Her family, unfortunately, did not see it that way. Thus she was accompanied by her grandfather, the owner of the worst tempered dog in the world. He had never accompanied her before and Lucie found a way to distract him from staying too close to her. She managed to sit him at a table with a drink using wizarding money left over from last term. Even better, a Dutch wizard with a muggle fascination was now peppering him with questions in their native language.

Satisfied she'd taken care of that little annoyance she was ready to move onto Amethyst Alley. With her mind focused on the list of supplies she needed for her final year at Beauxbatons she wasn't expecting the younger girl to stop in front of her with a stuttering question. Lucie brought her focus back to the here and now. More importantly to the girl who stood in front of her. "I should be able to help," she replied with a soft smile. "Were you trying to find your way out to Amethyst Alley?"
Lucie Banken
Lucie Banken
Adult
Adult

Pisces Posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Carly sighed in relief. The other girl had understood her. And even better, Carly understood the girl. "Thank you!" she said. She'd try to remember the face in case she ever needed help again. If the other girl was a classmate, of course. Otherwise, it would be worthless.

"Um... yes," she said, though it was more of a question. Carly felt like she had understood the other girl's question. Or was it a question at all? "Is Amethyst Alley nearby? Am I close, I mean? And where do I get all of the supplies when I get there?" She crossed her fingers at her side, hoping that what she had said made sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum