Charm and Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Word Count: 0
Cbox

Everyone chatting it up over here!

Career Days: Graphic Design

2 posters

Go down

Career Days: Graphic Design Empty Career Days: Graphic Design

Post by Professor Fortier Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Professor Fortier was as excited about Career Day as he could be without looking unprofessional. He was pleased to see his former students, even the trouble makers.

Every night, he saw the Grand Hall filled with children and his colleagues. Today was different. It was a more intimate set-up. Today, the students sat on the floor and were ready to listen to the speaker. They all sat in silence (at his request) and were waiting somewhat-patiently.

"Today, you will be learning about graphic design from Ms. Christine Henrau," the professor began. "Christine graduated from this academy two years ago. She was a Beater for the Cerisier team, a member of the Art and Music Club, and the leader of the Performing Arts Club. She was a very capable and helpful student, and I am certain those abilities carry over to her career as well. So please be kind and respectful to Ms. Henrau."

Professor Fortier made a gesture to the students that meant "applaud politely" before leaving Christine standing alone in front of the group.
Professor Fortier
Professor Fortier
Professor
Professor

Back to top Go down

Career Days: Graphic Design Empty Re: Career Days: Graphic Design

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Christine stood as straight and tall as her small height allowed her whilst Professor Fortier introduced her.  With having only graduated two years ago there were familiar faces in amongst the students gathered here and Christine was really looking forward to speaking to them all. Both the familiar and the unfamiliar.

"Thank you Professor Fortier for that uplifting introduction," she said formally. Her attention was now on the students seated in front of her.  "Good Afternoon.  It is lovely to see all of you here and to have this opportunity to speak of a career perfect for those of you who may have an interest in art. My career is with Veela Magazine where I help design the layout for each issue.  How many of you receive issues of this wonderful magazine?"  She paused and waited for any indication of that which she believed to be a beautiful monthly publication.  "Working for this magazine has been a very enjoyable experience in which I have learnt so much more about how much work goes into making it well presented. There is an artistry in the design. You need the right balance of colour. The correct graphics to match the main topics included in the issue. Whilst of course you need to make sure each issue looks familiar enough that regular readers know at a glance what magazine they are looking at. Do any of you here have any further enquiries about this rewarding career?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:16 am

Sophie really didn't know why she needed to attend these Career Days. She was going to be a Healer. That was the whole reason she was pushing herself through awful school. However she was interested in this presentation, as she loved the Veela Magazine. She had every issue of it since she was seven. She even got her daddy to buy her the special editions. Her hand shot up tall and proud to the speaker's question.

Sophie's well manicured hand was up in the air again after only a moment. "Pardon me, it's not really a career question, but I think it's very important." She let out her trademark soft giggle. "Can you give us a sneak peek of the next issue of the magazine?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobel Green Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:03 pm

Isobel hadn't wanted to go to this particular talk. Not out of rudeness, just lack of interest. But Sophie had insisted on taking Isobel with her. And Isobel was feeling generous today anyway.

She was shocked by her friend's odd question, and sort of embarrassed, though she wasn't responsible. It was completely inappropriate for this setting. Isobel was generally a rude person, but she had some morals. Especially now that she was aware of the mistakes she had been making surrounding her brother. "Sophie!" she whispered. "You can't ask questions like that. Ask her what her favorite part of her job is, or something!"
Isobel Green
Isobel Green
Adult
Adult

Scorpio Posts : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down